The VA Tech girl that they finally found dead

bbb

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/01/27/virgin...mains/?hpt=Sbin

This girl didn't not deserved her fate whatsoever, but girls have got to be smarter........She is a hot 20 year old blonde, wearing just a black T shirt, black mini skirt and black knee high boots. And, she leaves a concert 2+ hours away from where she lives and tries hitchhiking back to Blacksburg.........What are the odds something bad is going to happen to her - better than a long shot I'm sure.

The farmer saw a skull and immediatly thought "Morgan" kind of odd?

Not really if you figure there was a ton of searching going on in the area after her disappearance and then you find a human skull. Seems like a pretty safe assumption to make.

Not really if you figure there was a ton of searching going on in the area after her disappearance and then you find a human skull. Seems like a pretty safe assumption to make.

I guess I forgot about what a massive manhunt there must have been. If they ever catch the SOB I have some suggestions as to his disposal. I have a daughter in college as well.

Is 3 months enough time for a body to decompose down to the bones? For some reason I would've thought it would take longer than that.

http://www.sarti.us/sarti/files/SearchForHumanRemains.pdf

The change from pre to post-skeletonization has several key hallmarks, each with a

variety of factors influencing onset. This would include, but is not limited to,

temperature, moisture, predation, and presence of trauma.

Among the many factors influencing decomposition is whether or not the body is above

or below ground. In general, bodies above ground decompose more quickly than those

below ground. The slower rate of below-ground decomposition is due largely to

decreasing gaseous diffusion. This limits micro and macro-organisms. The overall effect

is that carbon dioxide is increased, resulting in anaerobic conditions.

Total disarticulation with only cranium and other assorted skeletal elements or fragments recovered. (5 to 52 months)

http://www.sarti.us/sarti/files/SearchForHumanRemains.pdf

The change from pre to post-skeletonization has several key hallmarks, each with a

variety of factors influencing onset. This would include, but is not limited to,

temperature, moisture, predation, and presence of trauma.

Among the many factors influencing decomposition is whether or not the body is above

or below ground. In general, bodies above ground decompose more quickly than those

below ground. The slower rate of below-ground decomposition is due largely to

decreasing gaseous diffusion. This limits micro and macro-organisms. The overall effect

is that carbon dioxide is increased, resulting in anaerobic conditions.

Total disarticulation with only cranium and other assorted skeletal elements or fragments recovered. (5 to 52 months)

Thanks for the forensics lesson Quincy.

If it was left out in the open . . .

Which probably means all sorts of wild critters were dining on it, which "accellerates" the process, so to speak. Odds are it wasn't a picked-clean skeleton they found, either. It probably still had a good amount of - to put it mildly - gore attached.