Conans 'swan song'

The Poojer

Loved the show....I can't believe they did this to the guy...Conan is a class act...can't wait to see what he does next. The only way I'll watch an episode of the Leno Tonight Show is if Conan's a guest!

F U Leno

I do not understand why everyone is hammering Leno. It was NBC's decision to bump Jay. It was NBC's decision to create the 10pm show. And it was NBC's decision to move/dump Conan and retreat. Sure Jay could have retired or walked away, but so could Conan. And don't forget it was Conan who was making noise about leaving NBC years ago that prompted NBC to bump Jay because they didn't want a repeat of what happened with Letterman. Plus Conan could have moved to 12M but decided to dig his heels.

Poor Conan, but Jay is taking a lot of crap that he doesn't deserve.

PTR

My friend had a few people over to watch CoCo's much too soon finale and we had a fun time watching the show (And then Craig Ferguson). He clearly took the high road in this matter he thanked NBC for the 20+ years they had him (his years on SNL, Late Night with Conan, and his brief run on the Tonight Show) and when he had the serious opportunity to mock NBC he just took the classy road. He said something along the lines of not everything in life is going to go exactly the way you want but if you work hard and are nice you will archive great success.

He also said to all the young viewers that they shouldn't let this situation make them cynical and that he hates cynicism its one of the worst emotions a human can feel. I also like the fact that Conan took less money in his buyout (He got 33 million but he could have gotten over 40) just so that he could give his staff more severance pay another classy move.

All in all Conan comes out looking good in this situation. He will likely get a show on FOX I think he said he can't do a show for 7 months but he will likely need a couple months to prep for it. So Conan will get his chance to compete with the big boys and prove his worth. Either way I thought Conan showed class and his character.

I do not understand why everyone is hammering Leno. It was NBC's decision to bump Jay. It was NBC's decision to create the 10pm show. And it was NBC's decision to move/dump Conan and retreat. Sure Jay could have retired or walked away, but so could Conan. And don't forget it was Conan who was making noise about leaving NBC years ago that prompted NBC to bump Jay because they didn't want a repeat of what happened with Letterman. Plus Conan could have moved to 12M but decided to dig his heels.

Poor Conan, but Jay is taking a lot of crap that he doesn't deserve.

PTR

I blame both NBC and Leno for this mess. When Leno took over the tonight show back in the early 90s, he lost to Letterman in the ratings for some time before growing his show into #1. When Leno cited Conan's poor ratings as one of the reasons why this move was being made, I thought it was douche-worthy. I blame NBC because they pegged Conan and Jay's successor, and they should have followed through on that for a helluva lot longer than 7 months.

I'm surprised nobody has commented on Will Ferrell. Is there a more unfunny person to have closed the show with? And he even pulled out the cowbell! How fresh! Conan is great and I agree he got screwed in this mess, but that last bit was unwatchable.

Who played the part of Will's old lady?