Mike Mayock Speaks

papazoid

Mayock is the best draft guru, but when he boosted McKelvin as the #1 CB three years ago, I expected more than what we've got out of him. Do think he's right about those 2 QBs: they will slide and I hope we aren't tempted by either one.

Too many good OTs.

Agreed. OT is the obvious first round pick, then LBs. Hoping they don't blow the pick. 2011 is the year to draft a QB in the first if Brohm, Fitz or whoever else they bring in through trade/FA don't pan out in 2010.

Neither Bradford or Claussen would finish the season with the Bills. Both are candidates for IR if drafted by the Bills.

That's a stupid thing to say. You know that we had umpteen injuries along the line this year and precluding that next year we'll have a far superior line. think a little, pal, before you post nonsense. :rolleyes:

That's a stupid thing to say. You know that we had umpteen injuries along the line this year and precluding that next year we'll have a far superior line. think a little, pal, before you post nonsense. :rolleyes:

the problem is we're had several years now of extraordinarily high injury rates. unless something changes sadly the trend doesn't support a healthy Bills team

I like Clausen much more than Bradford. Bradfords never played in the cold nor the wind on a regular basis. He's skinny and I'm not sure he'd hold up under our line. Clausen reads the field and feels the rush better than most college qb's I've seen. Another plus is his quick release. We'd be stupid to pass him up.

Bradford 6'4", 223

Clausen 6'3", 223

I hate defending a pick I would prefer the Bills don't make but, facts, please.

Bradford has played in plenty of bad weather and unless you've lived in the area you cannot appreciate the lyrics "when the winds come sweeping down the plains."

Forget injury concerns. He had one shoulder injury that didn't heal properly before he started playing again.

You want a wild card for the fans? He's listed on the rolls of the Cherokee Nation. Who better to lead the Buffalo Bills?

I spoke to a friend of mine that is a college scout. He told me that Bradford was the best QB comming out. Now this was around Thanksgiving time. I dont believe Clausen had anounced yet. I will talk to him about Clausen when i see him next. He was on Polians staff in Indy when they drafted Manning. And was here in Atl for the Ryan pick. I think he knows how to evaluate QBs.

Mayock seems to like us taking Anthony Davis(OT -Rutgers) at #9, he admits it may be high to take him there...anyone have any insight on Davis and is he better than Bulaga who most see going a few spots lower than 9...and are either of these 2 guys worthy of going before McLain who, again, is expected to be there at #9

Mike>Kiper>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>McShay

Agreed!

McShay was BY FAR the highest on Maybin too...Said he was the next Jason Taylor...Maybin should get his chance as a 3-4 LB to prove it, but he's got a LONG way to go to catch Orakpo already... :rolleyes:

I watched just about every game Clausen started at ND. He has been groomed pretty well for the NFL by Weiss who like him or not has worked with some pretty good QB's. Clausen has some intangibles like sliding in the pocket to let a play develop not taking off running like JP Losman. Clausen always has his eyes downfield even in the face of a rush, he will wait til the last second and take a hit, he does not duck the rush and played scared like Trent Edwards. Clausen keeps plays alive and can be innovative shoveling a pass underhanded to his checkdown receiver if needed like Kelly used to do. Add to that his accuracy, he throws to the lead shoulder, allowing his receiver to run after the catch. Playing at ND gave him many chances to play from behind and he showed to be a battler converting many third and fourth down plays in the clutch. I think his production at ND was excellant considering the spotty blocking and Weis's offense that passed every play, opponents knew what was coming and he was still productive.

He is a competitor and plays cocky, a guy you like on your team and hate if he's the opponent. I assure you after he works out for scouts, he will be a top 5 pick.

I wouldn't be all that shocked to see Clausen go to the Chiefs. Cassel is a backup and I think Weiss knows it.

Which may be a really good thing for those that want an OT in the first. IMO KC and Oak are the most likely to have OT at the top of their list, if KC goes Clausen then only OAK will be in our way so it's a good thing that Al Davis still runs their drafts-we just may see Davis select the fastest OT on the board :rolleyes:

They would have been one of the worst OL's in the league regardless of injuries. Demetrius Bell is your LT, A rookie or Bell will start next year at LT. No outstanding LT free agent is coming. If that is stupid then I am stupid but I will bet most in the league agree with me.

Mayock seems to like us taking Anthony Davis(OT -Rutgers) at #9, he admits it may be high to take him there...anyone have any insight on Davis and is he better than Bulaga who most see going a few spots lower than 9...and are either of these 2 guys worthy of going before McLain who, again, is expected to be there at #9

They were equally impressive from what I saw (admittedly a limited amount). Both very stout run blockers and for their size, very athletic. They can actually pull like guards to the opposite side. Davis likely a bit more athletic, Bulaga probably the one with less character risk. I would not be disappointed with either. There is a third and fourth choice too, in Campbell and Trent Williams. (Okung will be gone) Whichever they figure is the best fit.

Rolando McClain will likely be gone, but if he isn't and we have decided to run a 3-4, there would be a helluva dilemma whether to pick him or one of the OTs, because he is superior to them in superstar potential. If we stay with a 4-3 and think Poz is an OK MLB, then picking McClain wouldn't make sense.

thanks for that reply....everything i see shows mclain around until 12 or 13 at the earliest....we will see what happens. thanks again

They were equally impressive from what I saw (admittedly a limited amount). Both very stout run blockers and for their size, very athletic. They can actually pull like guards to the opposite side. Davis likely a bit more athletic, Bulaga probably the one with less character risk. I would not be disappointed with either. There is a third and fourth choice too, in Campbell and Trent Williams. (Okung will be gone) Whichever they figure is the best fit.

Rolando McClain will likely be gone, but if he isn't and we have decided to run a 3-4, there would be a helluva dilemma whether to pick him or one of the OTs, because he is superior to them in superstar potential. If we stay with a 4-3 and think Poz is an OK MLB, then picking McClain wouldn't make sense.

No doubt Mayock has been one of if not the best draft "guru" in determing who drafts who. However, he is not infallible, afterall he did rip Denver for trading Cutler for Orton, 2 first round picks and a third rounder. :rolleyes:

He also wouldn't shut up about Robert Ayers, saying ad nauseum that he would be the best defender in the draft. Just because Mayock is the best (and I don't think it's a blowout over Kiper, although it is a blowout over McShay) doesn't mean that Mayock is always right.