A point of emphasis on manners...

SDS

I like the dinner table conversation analogy, Scott. Everyone has freedom to express their opinion. I laugh when people argue that being banned for unacceptable behavior is a violation of their freedom of speech. They can say whatever they want, but if they violate the basic rules of social communication, they will be set free to misbehave at someone else's table. :rolleyes:

I would like to state upfront what the policy is here, and I'm embarrassed that it has to be spelled out for some of you.

We have some special guests here that provide their time, knowledge and insight to us and for that we are grateful. They do this for free. We welcome their participation and we will do what we need to do in order to facilitate that.

Feel free to engage these individuals with your questions and your comments in a reasoned, tactful manner. You don't have to like what they report. You don't have to agree with what they report. But I can assure you that from this point forward your engagement with them on THIS forum will be respectful.

If you can't phrase your comment or objection as if these individuals were sitting across the dinner table from you - then just keep it to yourself. Plain and simple. Just don't write it.

If you lack restraint - we will quickly provide that for you. We wish you luck in your future endeavors. This goes for old-timers and newbies alike.

For those of you wanting to argue this - don't bother. I will not side with your lack of civility, I will not side with ignorant ramblings over professionalism.

Let me reiterate, tactful criticism and skepticism are welcomed. Being a rude jackass is not.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Except for Wawrow, right? Can we treat him like the stinky, drunken canuck he is? :rolleyes:

I think that's why SDS specifically carved out the other boards. Everyone is fair game on the dark side, especially whisky lovin journalists.

I'm relatively new and I was already getting sick of some of the immaturity. Thanks!

It takes a while to learn to "separate the wheat from the chaff", and the off season is the worst time. If the Bills WON the Super Bowl someone would find something to complain about.

That's right #13056

I'm still getting used to how this site works - I notice it said it was established in 1996. The perfect time to start it so people could vent their frustrations(Marv retired in 97?) - I know I find it great to vent. What did those poor saps in the 80's do to vent about Ferguson et al

I'm relatively new and I was already getting sick of some of the immaturity. Thanks!

It wasn't always this way here. The Stadium Wall used to be a much more civil place. Don't know how it got to be in your FACE bashing by the very immature. No respect for any views other than their own childish narrow self-centered and often off-base opinions. I've been around a few 24 hours; was employed by the buffalo Bills for 8+ years and still know a few people there....good people. I gave up sharing any info I learn because of the insults and the utter disrespect by kids young enough to be my grand-kids. I still find out stuff but will never again subject myself to some pea-brained pi$$-pot's disrespect as a person. I still keep in touch with people who used to post quite often here and they too tell me they will read the "Wall" but will no longer post because the mood of TSW has changed. Too bad, many good decent people refuse to get caught up in the childish behaviour that seems all to common an occurence now. Can't blaim them.

I miss reading posts from my friends here on a regular basis but understand all too well their reluctance to subject themselves to the empty minded insults from punks !

I've been a member of this board since 2003. I confess that I follow this board on a near daily basis. I'm just a lurker for the most part. I've never felt the need to comment upon anything. So, for what it's worth, this is my first post.

I could not possibly agree more with SDS. The manner in which civility has deteriorated amongst the regular posters is disturbing. That's almost expected if you follow other public online forums.

However, the assaults, vitriol, and rants toward Mr. Graham and Mr. Warrow are plainly out of bounds. They visit this board and respond to posts out of the desire to be more accessible to their readers. That should not subject them to angry misplaced rants.

I'm not suggesting that there should be reverence for these gentlemen, just respect.

Look for my next post sometime in 2017.

-F

I've been a member of this board since 2003. I confess that I follow this board on a near daily basis. I'm just a lurker for the most part. I've never felt the need to comment upon anything. So, for what it's worth, this is my first post.

I could not possibly agree more with SDS. The manner in which civility has deteriorated amongst the regular posters is disturbing. That's almost expected if you follow other public online forums.

However, the assaults, vitriol, and rants toward Mr. Graham and Mr. Warrow are plainly out of bounds. They visit this board and respond to posts out of the desire to be more accessible to their readers. That should not subject them to angry misplaced rants.

I'm not suggesting that there should be reverence for these gentlemen, just respect.

Look for my next post sometime in 2017.

-F

1 post, 1 score IMO. Damn, seven years, think on that.

Except for Wawrow, right? Can we treat him like the stinky, drunken canuck he is? :devil:

fine with me, so long as you're picking up my tab from here on out? and now that i've picked up a taste for jameson, well, i'm sure you can do the math, joe! :P

wow, i take a few days off and all hell breaks loose. well, it's bound to happen because i can appreciate the frustrations among bills fans these decades, though it doesn't excuse the irrational knuckleheads. and i appreciate SDS' support, and that of a majority of posters.

i'm not blameless in letting myself get carried away on occasion, though it should be understood that there is only so much those on this side of the fifth estate can divulge or provide. and while some of it's opinion, much of it is very well informed opinion, based on conversations and interviews that have taken place.

i do think -- heck, forget think, know -- it was way north of the line for someone to demand sources be revealed. that's such a dumb and plain foolhardy notion that makes me actually start believing that the children of today have an unprecedented sense of entitlement to llead me to begin lobbying for the immediate reinstitution of corporal punishment. a spanking or two never hurt. but that's for another thread, i'm sure.

note, that i'll be sporadically visiting this board due to job requirements over the next two months. so it's nothing personal.

jw