Tired of all the negativity.....

xsoldier54

I have been a Bills fan since the very beginnings in the 1960's. I have been through the AFL glory days, the Super Bowl years and all the lean years as well. Lately I have been reading this forum and it makes me sick. If you guys hate the organization so much, then it is time to find another team. All the ridiculing and ignorance does not speak well for those of you that insist on taking that attitude. I want the team to win as much as anyone. I am as frustrated as you are, but part of being a fan is sticking behind your team in good times and bad. These are the bad ones. If you want to leave then go ahead and find another team, but please stop polluting this site with your negativity. As for Chan Gailey, from what I have read, he is a good man and a good coach. He has had a winning record in every stint as a head coach except one year in Division II college football. He has coached in all facets of the game and been successful doing so. If I am a GM and look at coaching resumes, this guy is highly qualified and certainly the most well respected candidate among other coaches of those that were considered. He is a man of character and integrity. For my money, it was a good hire. Screw the national media. Since when do they know anything? Especially about Buffalo. If you are worried about what others think of the city and the franchise, then you will never be happy, because there will always be bigots that ridicule Buffalo, because they don't know any better. I have a suggestion. Enjoy the games. Even the ones we lose. Is it frustrating? Yes. Is it painful? Yes. Guess what, that's all part of living and breathing with your team. Go Bills!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dog14787
I have been a Bills fan since the very beginnings in the 1960's. I have been through the AFL glory days, the Super Bowl years and all the lean years as well. Lately I have been reading this forum and it makes me sick. If you guys hate the organization so much, then it is time to find another team. All the ridiculing and ignorance does not speak well for those of you that insist on taking that attitude. I want the team to win as much as anyone. I am as frustrated as you are, but part of being a fan is sticking behind your team in good times and bad. These are the bad ones. If you want to leave then go ahead and find another team, but please stop polluting this site with your negativity. As for Chan Gailey, from what I have read, he is a good man and a good coach. He has had a winning record in every stint as a head coach except one year in Division II college football. He has coached in all facets of the game and been successful doing so. If I am a GM and look at coaching resumes, this guy is highly qualified and certainly the most well respected candidate among other coaches of those that were considered. He is a man of character and integrity. For my money, it was a good hire. Screw the national media. Since when do they know anything? Especially about Buffalo. If you are worried about what others think of the city and the franchise, then you will never be happy, because there will always be bigots that ridicule Buffalo, because they don't know any better. I have a suggestion. Enjoy the games. Even the ones we lose. Is it frustrating? Yes. Is it painful? Yes. Guess what, that's all part of living and breathing with your team. Go Bills!

With all due respect airing frustrations is what friends do around other friends, especially when times are bad. Sometimes just being able to talk about it and finding other folks with the same thoughts and opinions makes you feel better.

Personally I've got no problem with all the negativity, it is what it is, how about giving us some results to feel positive about so we have something good to talk about...

Sorry, but everyone has their opinion. Looking at the Bills , if it were a normal business, the entire management team would have been let go multiple times over the past 10 years. I think that everyone can accept disappointments, but 10 years worth!!! Most people are fed up with good reason. Not only has this sad sack of an organization failed to deliver over the past 10 years, but, more importantly, the future prospects are dismal. Maybe if we are lucky, more of the same mediocrity; but more likely worse due to the incompentence of the organization coupled with the strengh of the other AFC East teams.

Maybe you are happy to continue to root for a loser, but a lot of people have had enough (me included!!!)

+1

(since you're new here or least it's your first post, i'll explain. +1 means I agree, but too lazy to elaborate)

GO BILLS!!!!

I rememember my dad taking me to the parade when the bills came to town. However I think I've invested enough time, energy and money to warrant voicing my opinion. Might Chan Gailey be a good coach? Maybe. I have the same reservations I had about Dick Jauron. Actually I have more reservations than I did for Dick Jauron. Sorry, I can't get excited about this guy until he takes steps to fix the offensive line and improve the defense against the pass rush. Chan, if you want my admiration and respect go earn it. I don't care whether you coached Dan Reeves or he coached you as a little leaguer and could care even LESS what Herm Edwards says about you. Do something to merit admiration and you'll get it.

Ok, everything has been fine the last ten years.

I think the Bills first round draft choices have been excellent!

Ralph Wilson is the best owner in sports!

Feel better now?

If you read my post, that's not what I'm saying. What I'm saying is that I am as frustrated as the next guy, but being negative never fixed anything and it certainly takes away any enjoyment derived from following your team. I don't like a lot of the decisions that have been made, I wasn't a Jauron or Donahoe fan, but I have always been and will always be a Bills fan. I don't even get pissed off when they lose games in the fourth quarter anymore. I just laugh. But I still watch.

I rememember my dad taking me to the parade when the bills came to town. However I think I've invested enough time, energy and money to warrant voicing my opinion. Might Chan Gailey be a good coach? Maybe. I have the same reservations I had about Dick Jauron. Actually I have more reservations than I did for Dick Jauron. Sorry, I can't get excited about this guy until he takes steps to fix the offensive line and improve the defense against the pass rush. Chan, if you want my admiration and respect go earn it. I don't care whether you coached Dan Reeves or he coached you as a little leaguer and could care even LESS what Herm Edwards says about you. Do something to merit admiration and you'll get it.

:wallbash:

You go, tennesseeBOOOOY!

:rolleyes:

Sorry, but everyone has their opinion. Looking at the Bills , if it were a normal business, the entire management team would have been let go multiple times over the past 10 years. I think that everyone can accept disappointments, but 10 years worth!!! Most people are fed up with good reason. Not only has this sad sack of an organization failed to deliver over the past 10 years, but, more importantly, the future prospects are dismal. Maybe if we are lucky, more of the same mediocrity; but more likely worse due to the incompentence of the organization coupled with the strengh of the other AFC East teams.

Maybe you are happy to continue to root for a loser, but a lot of people have had enough (me included!!!)

The OP didn't say he's happy about the current state. He's as frustrated as are all Bills fans, newbies and us old f*rts (me) alike. I agree with him that many here go way overboard, calling for certain people's death, etc., and this site is hands down the best place to keep up with the team. Flame away all you want on any Bills facet that is underperforming, just maintain civility.

+1 Although refusing to devolve into suicidal negativity will get you ripped around here.

DE Bills Fan "Maybe you are happy to continue to root for a loser, but a lot of people have had enough (me included!!!)"

Thats your right. My right to wonder why you do not just go away then.

If you read my post, that's not what I'm saying. What I'm saying is that I am as frustrated as the next guy, but being negative never fixed anything and it certainly takes away any enjoyment derived from following your team.

Burying your head in the sand and pretending everything is hunkey dorey never fixed anything either. I find watching the Bills lose unenjoyable. Is that wrong of me?

That's what the Bills will be doing as well, watching the superbowl.

I don't care if Chan was the second coming, no way anyone gets this team to the superbowl in one year.

Did anyone expect the Jets to be in the NEC championship this year????

Burying your head in the sand and pretending everything is hunkey dorey never fixed anything either. I find watching the Bills lose unenjoyable. Is that wrong of me?

Constructive criticism is the best. He is refering to the Just die, Move the team, This sucks, you suck i suck people.

Not at all. I find it unenjoyable as well. What I meant by my post is that it's fine to not accept the status quo. I don't like it either. I just wish people on this forum would be more positive in their suggestions on how to fix the team. Most of them sound like they hate the Bills. I don't hate them. I hate the fact that they lose way too much. I always want them to win. Every single week regardless of who they are playing and what their record might be. I am open to any and all suggestions on how to fix the team as long as it is done in a positive manner. And if people want to be negative, that is their right as well. I just don't find it productive or particularly interesting. Hope this helps to clarify.