Chargers columnist disses the Gailey hire.

BLZFAN4LIFE

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/jan/20/1s20canepa/

There has been plenty of turmoil in the quarter-century the Spanos family has owned the team, but not much lately. Smith and Spanos have a great relationship, and Smith and Turner have a great relationship. When I see a Chan Gailey getting hired in Buffalo, I can only shake my head. Peace and harmony can be a wonderful thing.

Just throwing it out there FWIW...

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Might want to fix your headline. That's SD U-T columnist Nick Canepa's opinion, not Spanos'.

Edit: already done, I see. Never mind ...

Yeah, I caught that, it was the columnists opinion sandwiched between a series of Spanos' quotes.

Good point. Even moreso since Turner was given an exension.

Spanos has been in "lust" of Pete Carroll for 5+ years

Alas, when Pete becomes available, Norv has the Chargers on an 11 game win streak and Spanos doesn't dare

So. give him an extention :wallbash:

It's a stange world - stranger in California

It's not a very descriptive line but I assume he's taking a shot at the calibre of head coach that a guy like Chan Gailey is.

I read the whole article 3 times. I am still not sure what Nick was getting at with that comment.

If the comment was a diss against Gailey, he needs to recheck the Chargers coaching staff.

For the sake of Charger fans, I hope Nick doesn't think Norv Turner is some great catch.

How a guy praising Norv Turner after what we saw last weekend can have any credibility in criticizing other teams' hires is beyond me.

"We choked up yet another home playoff loss, but golly gee, we LIKE each other!"

This columnist just throws in the Gailey hiring off the cuff like it has anything to do with the article he is writing about. Just a cheap shot at the Bills. Read down in the comments after the column and somebody is trashing AJ and his recent drafts, saying they should bring back Nix. I think we just have to let this play out and watch the coaching staff that gets hired.

I just emailed him asking for clarification of his Gailey comment...I will let you know if he provides clarification...

I read the whole article 3 times. I am still not sure what Nick was getting at with that comment.

If the comment was a diss against Gailey, he needs to recheck the Chargers coaching staff.

For the sake of Charger fans, I hope Nick doesn't think Norv Turner is some great catch.

here is the reply i got from the columnist...still not sure why it was included in the article.... :rolleyes:

PJ:

What I'm saying is that Gailey is yet another recycled coach, probably the ninth guy the Bills offered the job to. I wish him the best.

Nick

to be fair, buddy nix has very strong ties to the chargers organization, so hearing opinions from that area is somewhat relevant and interesting...at least to me

I think we need to find out what the columnists in Idaho, Montana and Oregon are saying. Then we can get real concensus of the country's opinion.