per WIVB: John Guy fired

Lori

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO, One down one to go. This lightens the sting from yesterday a bit.

:thumbsup:

Way to get er done Buddy.

Don't get too excited until we see who's replacing him. Maybe they can reach John Butler through a ouji board.

Not really sure why it's necessary to 'dance on his grave' - even Tim Graham surprised me a bit, complaining that the Bills waited until after the late-nite newscast to announce the move.

Guy made some good moves, and a lot of bad ones. You could say the same for just about everyone at OBD.

So now Buddy Nix is making the moves folks said they wanted. Guy's gone - that's good, I guess, but losing your job is humiliating enough.

Let the man have his dignity, ferchrissakes. JMO.

He has no dignity anymore. Larry Triplett stole it.

Not really sure why it's necessary to 'dance on his grave' - even Tim Graham surprised me a bit, complaining that the Bills waited until after the late-nite newscast to announce the move.

Guy made some good moves, and a lot of bad ones. You could say the same for just about everyone at OBD.

So now Buddy Nix is making the moves folks said they wanted. Guy's gone - that's good, I guess, but losing your job is humiliating enough.

Let the man have his dignity, ferchrissakes. JMO.

Yes, there's been enough Guy-bashing in this thread to satisfy the most militant radical feminist. And yes, it's in poor taste to kick a Guy when he's down.

But at this point, I just don't care.

This franchise has accepted pathetic inadequacy for far too long. Guy held onto his job a lot longer than was merited by his abysmal performance. His poor decisions have directly caused the outright squandering of tens of millions of dollars of Ralph Wilson's money. That money came from the fans. It came from people paying $10 for popcorn, and a lot more than that for their tickets. All those people asked for in return was a competitive product on the field. A product Guy and the other incompetents in the front office consistently failed to provide.

We as fans no longer have to suffer through that adverse, one-sided relationship. A relationship which had involved Ralph Wilson collecting our money, John Guy collecting his completely undeserved paycheck, and the fans failing to get the competitive product they wanted in return.

As far as I'm concerned, the fans have suffered through plenty due to the incompetence of John Guy. I'm delighted to see him go, and I'm not going to pretend otherwise.

But if it makes you feel any better, I'll wish Guy

No link yet, but John Murphy led the 11pm sportscast with the news that Director of Pro Personnel John Guy has been fired.

And now that cryptic post makes sense ...

Well the wrong 'guy' was not fired. Overdorf only does contracts and that is all he has done for years now. I would bet his butt is on the chopping block soon as well. Getting rid of Guy was a GREAT move. When you look at the collective work, the Bills have been horrible in the FA market. Hopefully that will change soon.

Yes, there's been enough Guy-bashing in this thread to satisfy the most militant radical feminist. And yes, it's in poor taste to kick a Guy when he's down.

But at this point, I just don't care.

This franchise has accepted pathetic inadequacy for far too long. Guy held onto his job a lot longer than was merited by his abysmal performance. His poor decisions have directly caused the outright squandering of tens of millions of dollars of Ralph Wilson's money. That money came from the fans. It came from people paying $10 for popcorn, and a lot more than that for their tickets. All those people asked for in return was a competitive product on the field. A product Guy and the other incompetents in the front office consistently failed to provide.

We as fans no longer have to suffer through that adverse, one-sided relationship. A relationship which had involved Ralph Wilson collecting our money, John Guy collecting his completely undeserved paycheck, and the fans failing to get the competitive product they wanted in return.

As far as I'm concerned, the fans have suffered through plenty due to the incompetence of John Guy. I'm delighted to see him go, and I'm not going to pretend otherwise.

It is great that the Bills appear to be saying that they need to get better football people, but just as important as taking the step to clean house is the ability to replace the staff with quality people. Since other teams are doing the same thing, it will be interesting to see if the net result of of the Nix regime is an improvement or not.

See, I told you guys Guy was gone. :oops: I thought they'd just tell him to take an extended vacation and let him fulfill his contract, but perhaps he wanted to be fired so as to catch-on elsewhere.

OK let me get this right.....

First Guy was considered for the GM job, had an so called interview for it even...

Then he gets fired......

Can somebody give me some KoolAid please ???? My throat is kinda dry from all the dust that OBD is throwing at us :thumbsup:

Two words: Rooney Rule.

Well the wrong 'guy' was not fired. Overdorf only does contracts and that is all he has done for years now. I would bet his butt is on the chopping block soon as well. Getting rid of Guy was a GREAT move. When you look at the collective work, the Bills have been horrible in the FA market. Hopefully that will change soon.

Yep, Overdorf does contracts and has no bearing on anything on the field, just like Brandon won't (he'll stick to the business side of things).