Kiper 1st mock

BeastMode54

Is there no chance of Weiss making a move to get his boy? I know they have Cassell, who is Haley's boy, but if they could trade that nut-a## contract to a St. Louis or somebody other than us, I feel they would really look at that possibility.

If Clausen is as talented as claimed, he wouldn't need to worry about learning the system, because he already played in that exact NFL system...

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there no chance of Weiss making a move to get his boy? I know they have Cassell, who is Haley's boy, but if they could trade that nut-a## contract to a St. Louis or somebody other than us, I feel they would really look at that possibility.

If Clausen is as talented as claimed, he wouldn't need to worry about learning the system, because he already played in that exact NFL system...

unfortunately claussen will look like this playing behind our oline (pretty much what all our QBs looked like)

Give me a break. Quoting stats without any consideration for the fact that ND played the easiest schedule of just about any major BCS team out there is pointless. If you want to debate his merits, at least be realistic.

Notre Dame lost their games due to their inability to stop anyone on defense. If Notre Dame had any kinof defense they would have had 11 wins this year and playing for a high ranked bowl game, and everyone would be clammering. Clausen played on a bummed foot, with his 2 best receivers out, no o-line, and a defense that ranked next to last in the nation. Tell me why claussen sucks. Not just because he does, but really why he is such a bad option at QB

Didnt Kiper have Clausen as the number 1 overall prospect a month ago. Now he has him as not even the number 1 QB????

As of last weekend, I think he had him as the #3 overall, but a team that doesn't need a QB isn't going to take one. If this could actually develop and they get Clausen, the Bills Nation might have a reason to be optimistic down the road, for the first time since Moby Dick was Minnow.

Notre Dame lost their games due to their inability to stop anyone on defense. If Notre Dame had any kinof defense they would have had 11 wins this year and playing for a high ranked bowl game, and everyone would be clammering. Clausen played on a bummed foot, with his 2 best receivers out, no o-line, and a defense that ranked next to last in the nation. Tell me why claussen sucks. Not just because he does, but really why he is such a bad option at QB

Notre Dame had a BCS quality offense without a doubt, but you are correct, their defense couldn't have stopped Ryan Fitzpatrick and the Bills dismal offense.

Not sure what other team would pick up that big contract that the Chiefs gave Cassel, especially now that we all know that it was the New England system that let him go 11-5 as a starter. He was on the cusp of getting benched for the majority of the second half of the 2009 season.

It's his best 2 receivers now? Man, history changes.

First, you do something for me. Go back and find where I said Clausen sucks or that he was a bad option. Let me know when you're done.

As of last weekend, I think he had him as the #3 overall, but a team that doesn't need a QB isn't going to take one. If this could actually develop and they get Clausen, the Bills Nation might have a reason to be optimistic down the road, for the first time since Moby Dick was Minnow.

Thank you i was unaware his stocked had "dropped" a little.

Notre Dame had a BCS quality offense without a doubt, but you are correct, their defense couldn't have stopped Ryan Fitzpatrick and the Bills dismal offense.

I know it was a tough year for us ND fans having a solid good offense, but losing games 38-35 because the defense couldent stop anyone if their lives depended on it.

Not sure what other team would pick up that big contract that the Chiefs gave Cassel, especially now that we all know that it was the New England system that let him go 11-5 as a starter. He was on the cusp of getting benched for the majority of the second half of the 2009 season.

No I cant either, plus the ROI would be terrible. Probably would not get more than a 3rd for him. KC kind of did themselves in on that one.

You're out of your league here friend. Claussen is an asful decision maker and an even terrible leader. Go back and look at the previous two years. Claussen is highly overrated, in fact, I see him falling to late in the first round and possibly the second.

Just my thoughts, much of it based on games I watched.

You're out of your league here friend. Claussen is an asful decision maker and an even terrible leader. Go back and look at the previous two years. Claussen is highly overrated, in fact, I see him falling to late in the first round and possibly the second.

See i can handle that a respectful response but i guess we will have to agree to disagree. Now if McClain and clausen are still there at 9 i say take McClain and build the new franchise around him.

if we take mclain can he and poz be an effective two-some or would poz be regulated to back-up role. some have mentioned he would be more effective at OLB...but i don't know much about 3-4 or 4-3 schemes so i have no idea how this would work

See i can handle that a respectful response but i guess we will have to agree to disagree. Now if McClain and clausen are still there at 9 i say take McClain and build the new franchise around him.

if we take mclain can he and poz be an effective two-some or would poz be regulated to back-up role. some have mentioned he would be more effective at OLB...but i don't know much about 3-4 or 4-3 schemes so i have no idea how this would work

Agree with both of you here....there is zero downside with Mclain if he's there.

QB's are a projects, some work out, some dont. I cant see picking a guy like Claussen over Mclain. But I can see picking a guy like Pike if he's there in the late 2nd or 3rd round. I mean, pick up a free agent (McNabb/Vick or some type of them) or just shoot the gamet with a guy like Pike.

...ps....CountDorkula gained a fan. Makes me laugh.

Jim Kelly's latest quote about quarterbacks says it all ...

"You don't need a big-name quarterback, you need a quarterback who could play, period," Kelly said. "It's doing your homework, sitting down with whomever it might be, and having it in your mind: `Will this guy fit in Buffalo, New York,' not somewhere in the NFL, but Buffalo."

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Gailey...tarting-QB.html

Agree with both of you here....there is zero downside with Mclain if he's there.

QB's are a projects, some work out, some dont. I cant see picking a guy like Claussen over Mclain. But I can see picking a guy like Pike if he's there in the late 2nd or 3rd round. I mean, pick up a free agent (McNabb/Vick or some type of them) or just shoot the gamet with a guy like Pike.

...ps....CountDorkula gained a fan. Makes me laugh.

W00T W00T :devil:

Does the Icky Woods Shuffle, except the not so good dancer version so to look like an idiot flapping in teh wind trying to flw away.

FYI I just wanted everyone to know i jut opened my fortune cookie and it said "If cookie still one piece, buy lotto!!

:devil:

I'd love for you to point out any of these "awful decisions" Clausen made during the past year. Two years ago was his first healthy year of college ball and he improved dramatically between then and the start of 2009. I can't remember ever watching a QB play as near-perfect as he did over the course of this season. And I watched every minute of ND football this year (as painful and stomach-turning as it was).

He had 4 picks....THREE were deflected passes. Not "out of his reach and tipped" deflected. "Hit him in the hands, face, or back" deflected. Golden Tate was quoted as saying he can't remember one instance where Jimmy didn't put the ball exactly where it should have been.

He is a stud QB...the best physical tools in the most pro-prepared offense. He will succeed at the next level no doubt.

You trade up for him if you have to.

:devil:

I'd love for you to point out any of these "awful decisions" Clausen made during the past year. Two years ago was his first healthy year of college ball and he improved dramatically between then and the start of 2009. I can't remember ever watching a QB play as near-perfect as he did over the course of this season. And I watched every minute of ND football this year (as painful and stomach-turning as it was).

He had 4 picks....THREE were deflected passes. Not "out of his reach and tipped" deflected. "Hit him in the hands, face, or back" deflected. Golden Tate was quoted as saying he can't remember one instance where Jimmy didn't put the ball exactly where it should have been.

He is a stud QB...the best physical tools in the most pro-prepared offense. He will succeed at the next level no doubt.

You trade up for him if you have to.

Alright, well I did also watch much if not every game the past 3 seasons. I will admit, I did not jot down any of the bad decisions he continually made. Soooooooo you got me there.

He's such a stud that:

1. The HC was canned for 1 awful season after the next....Stud didnt save him.

2. He got punched in the face, at his own school, by an ND fan.....Stud play didnt save him there.

3. ND is considered a joke in the college football world.....Stud play didnt save face for the program.

All the physical tools in the world dont mean anything without a brain to tell them what to do. I.E. Losman.

Im just saying I disagree with you here, who knows, he may get drafted and blow it out...Im just saying I think he stinks and dont want him anynear this city.

http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2010jclausen.php

Summary: Jimmy Clausen is a franchise quarterback. He has carried the spotlight since he was a teenager and has surpassed the hype. He has an outstanding skill set with the elite intangibles you see in the great quarterbacks. Clausen isn't fazed by tense situations and has great leadership when the game is on the line.

Player Comparison: Kurt Warner. Warner and Clausen both exhibit the same three-quarter release, they get the ball out quickly, and are extremely decisive/intelligent quarterbacks. Clausen has a stronger arm.

okung or davis. Clausen wouldn't be any better than TE or RF given our existing offensive line. I think Davis will fall to us. I would be absolutely stunned if Okung did, but would seriously consider trading up for him. Time to get this offensive line into a position that will work for us.