Peter King Chimes in on Gailey Hire ...

CosmicBills

I didn't see this posted anywhere, forgive me if I missed it.

King isn't a fan of the hire (shocker!) ...

The only thing that concerns me, because I don't know much about Chan, is this quote:

"The Cowboy incumbents hate Gailey's more conservative offense that he installed post-Switzer in 1998. If it was too conservative then, what is it with the widespread spread offenses 12 years later?"

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't see this posted anywhere, forgive me if I missed it.

King isn't a fan of the hire (shocker!) ...

The only thing that concerns me, because I don't know much about Chan, is this quote:

"The Cowboy incumbents hate Gailey's more conservative offense that he installed post-Switzer in 1998. If it was too conservative then, what is it with the widespread spread offenses 12 years later?"

I love this quote:

The Cowboy incumbents hate Gailey's more conservative offense that he installed post-Switzer in 1998. If it was too conservative then, what is it with the widespread spread offenses 12 years later?

I guess we found out our problem on offense...we aren't conservative enough!

King probably talked to Aikman. Aikman didn't like Gailey cause he thought he was still a good QB rather than the brain scrambled shell of a QB that he was.

the wrap on Gailey over the years is that he adjusts the offense to make it capable of doing what it can do to win games. If the pieces stink, he goes conservative. If they're good, he opens it up. If you can run, you run. If you can only pass, you mainly just pass.

how naive can you be?

why do you believe all the sports media conspires against the Bills?

And ironically it just "appears" they are an absolute train wreck of an organization, and the only defense of the organization comes from itself and its loyal fans who lap up everything they spin out there

I love this quote:

The Cowboy incumbents hate Gailey's more conservative offense that he installed post-Switzer in 1998. If it was too conservative then, what is it with the widespread spread offenses 12 years later?

I guess we found out our problem on offense...we aren't conservative enough!

That quote isn't even written in English. How the hell do you love it?

anyone who criticizes the Bills is attacked. Yet the majority of people in the media are really disagreeing with most of the Bills' moves. I also doubt there is any media conspiracy against Wilson, the Bills, or the City of Buffalo.

[/quote/)

Are you Kidding me? DO you watch many Bills games, Watch the Refs. Announcers, ESPN.. What a Joke the Bills have never gotten any love from anyone except for all of the Band Wagon Jumpers in the 90'sssss

why do you believe all the sports media conspires against the Bills?

And ironically it just "appears" they are an absolute train wreck of an organization, and the only defense of the organization comes from itself and its loyal fans who lap up everything they spin out there

it's always been that way...in fact it's that way with every team I follow...the media, refs...everyone is against us.

appearances are deceptive...the Bills are just playing possum.

anyone who criticizes the Bills is attacked. Yet the majority of people in the media are really disagreeing with most of the Bills' moves. I also doubt there is any media conspiracy against Wilson, the Bills, or the City of Buffalo.

The majoirty of people thought Cutler was a great move and the PAts* would go 14-2. If you ever want to make $ gambling, just do the opposite of what everyone is doing. Vegas wasn't built by teh majority of people being right.

The majoirty of people thought Cutler was a great move and the PAts* would go 14-2. If you ever want to make $ gambling, just do the opposite of what everyone is doing. Vegas wasn't built by teh majority of people being right.

Well, since Ralph believes he doesn't need to hire top coaching or management, just hope for better luck, than I guess Vegas was built for fools like Ralph with his pants on the ground.

That quote isn't even written in English. How the hell do you love it?

Looks like the subjects and predicates are all in order. How is it not in English? Lets see if I can make it simpler for you.

Essentially his offense even in the late 90's were too conservative. The reference to Barry Switzer was to the coach prior to Gailey. Since he was head coach the league has moved more and more to spread wide open offenses.

From the statement comes the possible conclusion that maybe Gailey's conservative philosophy would be even more out of place in today's NFL. Which, come to think of it, might be the reason that NO ONE ELSE HAS HIRED HIM as a head coach in the last eleven years.

Looks like the subjects and predicates are all in order. How is it not in English? Lets see if I can make it simpler for you.

Essentially his offense even in the late 90's were too conservative. The reference to Barry Switzer was to the coach prior to Gailey. Since he was head coach the league has moved more and more to spread wide open offenses.

From the statement comes the possible conclusion that maybe Gailey's conservative philosophy would be even more out of place in today's NFL. Which, come to think of it, might be the reason that NO ONE ELSE HAS HIRED HIM as a head coach in the last eleven years.

and yet he ran the spread offense in KC just last year. now that's conservative football!

That offense led a team that had been 6-10 they year before to a division title. And back to back playoff years. That offense also turned Tyler Thigpen into a 2600 yard passer. That offense is alway's taylored to fit the personnell on hand. You want to talk over conservative offenses go talk to Schotty Sr.

and yet he ran the spread offense in KC just last year. now that's conservative football!

yup. Base offense stunk, so he put Thigpen in the spread. Glad somebody finally mentioned that.

Must be King missed that memo.

Gailey's "conservative" offense:

In Pittsburgh was 7th and 11th in points, with Tomczak and Kordell at QB. The season after he left, they were 28th.

In Dallas was 9th and 11th in points. The season before he took over, 22nd. The season after he left, 23rd.

In Miami they were 16th and 11th in points with Jay friggin' Fiedler at QB and Oronde Gadsden as their number 1 WR.

Buffalo's HIGHEST ranking in points in the last SIX seasons is TWENTY THIRD.