Just say NO to drafting a 1st rd QB!!!!

Poeticlaw

As much as everyone is infactuated with Bradford, Tebow, Claussen (sp) we do not need to draft a first Rd Qb. We need a LB/OT/DT more then an unproven QB.

I am not opposed to Brohm. As much as i Dislike his play I am not Opposed to TrentHe does show great accurracy and with some one with some actual offense expereince could improve his play. I am not a fan of TRent as I am not a fan of BRady But living in NE I have seen first hand what Brady started of at he had the same complaints by the fan base as Trent has. I am not saying that Trent is Brady but I will tell you that My freind a Die hard Pat Fan and Brady Lover sees Brady in Trent. I think with an experience guy in here for the offense that the QBS we have on the roster stand a chance. I would rather Trade for Mcnabb and draft a QB next year. But to waste our valuable first round pick on a QB is not very smart. We do not know if they can play and they typically take 2-3 years before we find out if they can. We have other pressing needs to address with our HIGH first rd pick then to waste Millions on a QB that might not work.

Once the lines are Built and we still prove to need a QB after this season draft one next year. I actually think Brohm could be groomable better then any of the first round picks we can get and Trent might be ressurrectable.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as everyone is infactuated with Bradford, Tebow, Claussen (sp) we do not need to draft a first Rd Qb. We need a LB/OT/DT more then an unproven QB.

I am not opposed to Brohm. As much as i Dislike his play I am not Opposed to TrentHe does show great accurracy and with some one with some actual offense expereince could improve his play. I am not a fan of TRent as I am not a fan of BRady But living in NE I have seen first hand what Brady started of at he had the same complaints by the fan base as Trent has. I am not saying that Trent is Brady but I will tell you that My freind a Die hard Pat Fan and Brady Lover sees Brady in Trent. I think with an experience guy in here for the offense that the QBS we have on the roster stand a chance. I would rather Trade for Mcnabb and draft a QB next year. But to waste our valuable first round pick on a QB is not very smart. We do not know if they can play and they typically take 2-3 years before we find out if they can. We have other pressing needs to address with our HIGH first rd pick then to waste Millions on a QB that might not work.

Once the lines are Built and we still prove to need a QB after this season draft one next year. I actually think Brohm could be groomable better then any of the first round picks we can get and Trent might be ressurrectable.

LT

nuff' said

I'm on board with this. The Bills need a guy who will be on the field making an impact DAY ONE. Look at some of the guys drafted well AFTER Maybin, they either went to the playoffs or the Pro Bowl. IMO, Keith Ellison cannot be a starter next year!

As far as a QB goes I'm looking at a 2nd or 3rd round prospect to sit a year if needed.

I'm really torn on this. I completely agree that we stand a better chance of an imact player with OT and probably LB. The DT would kinda worry me.

But even with all that, I think Ralph sees a need for someone to rally the fans and that usually is the qb position. Also, while we need an OT, even if we get one and still don't have a QB, what's it going to matter?

I think we got great talent in Wood and Levitre in the end of the 1st and 2nd round last year. I don't know how deep the OT pool is this year, but if there is a solid guy at number 2, I think the Bills go with a QB at number 1, unless they have their sights set on Tebow or McCoy who I believe will be there at 2. I really hope it's not those two as they both scream college QB's to me, not NFL. Clausen please, maybe Bradford

I'm really torn on this. I completely agree that we stand a better chance of an imact player with OT and probably LB. The DT would kinda worry me.

But even with all that, I think Ralph sees a need for someone to rally the fans and that usually is the qb position. Also, while we need an OT, even if we get one and still don't have a QB, what's it going to matter?

I think we got great talent in Wood and Levitre in the end of the 1st and 2nd round last year. I don't know how deep the OT pool is this year, but if there is a solid guy at number 2, I think the Bills go with a QB at number 1, unless they have their sights set on Tebow or McCoy who I believe will be there at 2. I really hope it's not those two as they both scream college QB's to me, not NFL. Clausen please, maybe Bradford

Yep.

I think they need to draft a QB in round one. The Bills have lacked a franchise QB since Kelly retired. A franchise QB is one of the things FA look at when they decide where to go. It's not often you hear someone say "They have a franchise LT" usually it's "they have a franchise QB to build a team around" not building a team around their LT

Completely 100% disagree.

QB is the most important position on the field. And before you all shout at me about how a QB can't succeed without a great OL, check my post history for the stats that prove that, indeed, you can. Just ask Green Bay and Pittsburgh.

I'll say it again, 5 of the 10 most sacked QBs in 2009 lead passing offenses that ranked in the top 10...it's all about the QB.

The only reason not to take a QB at #9 would be because the talent evaluators don't believe that any of the available QBs are franchise-worthy. Financial commitments be darned. Sooner or later, if you want to have good players, you'll have to pay them...especially at QB.

Bull ****. It is WELL past time to cut the BS and get a damn QB in here. I am sick of weak armed, weak minded POS' pushed on this fanbase and holding this team back.

We need a GOD DAMN QB!!!!

QB is the most important position on the field. And before you all shout at me about how a QB can't succeed without a great OL, check my post history for the stats that prove that, indeed, you can. Just ask Green Bay and Pittsburgh.

I'll say it again, 5 of the 10 most sacked QBs in 2009 lead passing offenses that ranked in the top 10...it's all about the QB.

The only reason not to take a QB at #9 would be because the talent evaluators don't believe that any of the available QBs are franchise-worthy. Financial commitments be darned. Sooner or later, if you want to have good players, you'll have to pay them...especially at QB.

Not refuting anything in your post. In fact I agree. I just wonder if there is a correlation between those top ranked passing offenses and a higher number of passing attempts which would definately correlate to the higher number of sacks.

It's a no brainer. If you have a chance to grab what you perceive to be a franchise QB then you take him. Like you say, most important position on the team. Sure he could be a bust but so can anyone you draft. It's what you rate him as BEFORE the draft that matters. If the Bills like someone enough at the QB position and he's there at 9, they should snag him. I just doubt Clausen or Bradfor will be there.

GO BILLS!!!

^^

This.

Take the damn QB

1. This

2. LeFevour

I am not torn on this at all. I have long made the case that there was simply no record of a 1st round QB choice delivering an SB win since up until recently one had to go back to Troy Aikman to find one. The SB wins delivered by teams led by Manning and RoboQB ended this as an ongoing flat out argument against ever drafting a QB in the first.

However, the examples of Manning and RoboQB while finally providing a real world examples of how a QB drafted by a team in the 1st round can lead or help deliver an SB win to the team which drafted him, the fact remains that for every Manning there is also a Ryan Leaf and that in fact the Akili Smiths, Joey Harrington, Losman's, Boller, et al. outweigh the chances of picking a winner in the 1st round.

There are lots of examples of SB winning franchise QBs who are acquired by trade, FA, and low round draft picks (Brady is the best example, Johnson, Dilfer, Elway, the other Manning) rather than by simply drafting a player that other mechanism should at least be considered as options (and actually first options) before simply casting the teams fate to the winds since since even in better case scenarios it gonna take some time before that QB develops.

Trying to build a TEAM through spending a 1st on a QB is simply a high risk proposition.

If a qb is available at 9 that Nix believes in, the bills have to draft him. If a qb that Nix believes in will go before 9, the bills need to trade up. The qb position is by far the most important position in team sports. If you notice, teams with elite qbs contend for the playoffs every year. On the other hand there are several dominant lts out there that play for very poor teams. I'm not opposed to a lt or dt at 9 if the group of qbs this year are week, but I am hoping that the bills get the right qb this year.

I too think we need a QB, but I wouldn't be all that upset if we had Trent for one more year. When you look at a team like the Jets, they built from the lines, which is what teams must do to win games. We all thought Trent would be a decent QB after starting 4-0 a year ago, but he got sacked WAAAAY too many times and had a horrible line, so he regressed. I don't want to bring a young QB in here to get shell shocked after a year or two. Build from the Lines and THEN get a QB. The Jets have Mangold, Ferguson, Moore, Woody, and Faneca. All in place before this year. They traded for Jenkins and Pace. THEN they got the QB they needed. We need to draft from the lines out. It's a must.