Eric Wood Update

Might as well provide some good news. The article on BB.com was mostly about Butler's rehab (which has been going great) but this is the part that made me smile. It's not much of an update, but at least we now know he's in Buffalo rehabbing and getting ready for next season. Here's hoping he can make it!

Butler isn’t the only lineman set to spend a good portion of the offseason in Buffalo rehabbing after a major surgical procedure. He’s accompanied in the training room on a fairly regular basis by Eric Wood, who broke his left tibia and fibula in Buffalo’s Week 11 game at Jacksonville.

He doesn’t deny lining up next to the guy he was supposed to line up alongside for 16 games this past season, helps both of them with their current task at hand.

“It’s the same thing when you’re out there in training camp with two a days on a hot day,” he said. “Having your teammates go through it with you and keeping the mood light and realizing everyone is working together to try to get some wins. It has been helpful.”

The time spent in the training room and weight room together has helped to build a greater bond between the two linemen that spent just two regular season games working together on the right side of Buffalo’s line. This offseason however, they’re making up for the lost time on the field.

“It really has been a blessing to get to know Eric (Wood) on a much more personal level, doing rehab together and we spend time together outside of football,” said Butler. “He’s a tremendous player and the one thing I love about Eric Wood is he loves the game of football. There are so few people in the NFL that I think truly desire to be there every single day and he’s one of those rare people and a tremendous asset for the Bills and their future. Ultimately I think it helps with our chemistry down the road in practice and games.”

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-3...d3-000533b96839

This is great news ... you would think that one of our intrepid Buffalo News' reporters or whiners would have taken the time to develop a story on Eric's rehab. since he is a key component of our future "success" under ... oh how I hate to say this ... under Chan.

Although Charlie Chan always seemed to find the solutions to his problems ... maybe ... NAH ... I need a cup of coffee.

Might as well provide some good news. The article on BB.com was mostly about Butler's rehab (which has been going great) but this is the part that made me smile. It's not much of an update, but at least we now know he's in Buffalo rehabbing and getting ready for next season. Here's hoping he can make it!

Butler isn’t the only lineman set to spend a good portion of the offseason in Buffalo rehabbing after a major surgical procedure. He’s accompanied in the training room on a fairly regular basis by Eric Wood, who broke his left tibia and fibula in Buffalo’s Week 11 game at Jacksonville.

He doesn’t deny lining up next to the guy he was supposed to line up alongside for 16 games this past season, helps both of them with their current task at hand.

“It’s the same thing when you’re out there in training camp with two a days on a hot day,” he said. “Having your teammates go through it with you and keeping the mood light and realizing everyone is working together to try to get some wins. It has been helpful.”

The time spent in the training room and weight room together has helped to build a greater bond between the two linemen that spent just two regular season games working together on the right side of Buffalo’s line. This offseason however, they’re making up for the lost time on the field.

It really has been a blessing to get to know Eric (Wood) on a much more personal level, doing rehab together and we spend time together outside of football,” said Butler. “He’s a tremendous player and the one thing I love about Eric Wood is he loves the game of football. There are so few people in the NFL that I think truly desire to be there every single day and he’s one of those rare people and a tremendous asset for the Bills and their future. Ultimately I think it helps with our chemistry down the road in practice and games.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-3...d3-000533b96839

Does Butler sound like a leader??

Does Butler sound like a leader??

That is exactly what I was thinking. It would be great to see these two on the field together by the start of the season.

Reading Butler's comments, you would have thought it was an RB-released statement.

Here I go...I am getting excited about next year! I know that is a bad thing to say around these parts, but who gives a s#$t? It is not Jauron and Co.

That is exactly what I was thinking. It would be great to see these two on the field together by the start of the season.

Reading Butler's comments, you would have thought it was an RB-released statement.

Here I go...I am getting excited about next year! I know that is a bad thing to say around these parts, but who gives a s#$t? It is not Jauron and Co.

just remember that Brad Butler has gotten injured every year since his rookie year, and despite this is our highest paid offensive lineman :thumbsup:

Wood is my favorite player hands down. A kid on my college team had a tib-fib break, and was back running around for fall practices the next season - I would guess 7-8 months later. He hadnt missed a step really. I hope Wood can do the same.

If Wood is back, I really want him moved inside to center. I dont want to see Hangartner get bowled over every other week and surrenduring sacks to the NTs in this division on a regular basis. Draft a big bad RT in the 2nd, or get FA, and slide Wood back inside, along with Butler. That way we get depth and a better OL in one player. Its just so blatently obvious that the Bills willa void doing it....

Perhaps Brown chose to write about Butler because he's further along, or because as a veteran, he expects BB to lead the line (along with Hangartner).

From Buffalo Football Report's Tyler Dunne, during a recent Q-and-A with Brian Brohm:

"He’s doing pretty good. He’s able to put a little bit of weight on it now. He’s confident that he’ll be back and I’m confident in him because he’s such a hard worker. I feel like he’ll be back and ready to go by the first game. I’m not positive but he’s pushing for that."