Actual background on Gailey

Mikie2times

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Dolphins were 26th in yards in 2000, not 18th.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/mia/2000.htm

If you carefully read the original post, he stated he used the stats from football outsiders. They have a unique way at looking at stats. They have the Fins ranked 18th in 2000 just like he stated. http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamoff2000 There's an explanation on the site if you want to view it.

Good post, the guy move the needle wherever he has been. He has two big things working FOR him in Buffalo.

1) Seems to have good chemistry with Nix. This can not be overstated.

2) Brandon, will recognize the need to spend in Free agency in order to keep the fan base. If Nix can add a few key pieces to this team through FA and draft well this team is not that far away.

Thanks for the nice words guys.

I'm a firm believer that perceptions need to be questioned. I can't count how many times I've thought something then looked at more accurate data and was way off. Based on this, with unbiased eyes, Gailey seems to be a good underrated prospect for us. We need stability in our franchise so bad right now, and whether people like it or not the environment fans provide to this new staff does alter stability. I hope as many fans as possible will come forward and show support, not for Gailey, but for at least giving the man a chance to be successful.

A (92): Chan Gailey, offensive coordinator. Smartest man at Arrowhead Stadium. Collected a fat paycheck for sitting on his can while Todd Haley made a fool of himself trying to serve as head coach, offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach. Gailey’s image is untarnished after being fired by Haley before the start of the season.

I've got to wonder more about that situation this preseason. A lot of people really dislike Todd Haley and I wonder if he only got as far as "Chan we're thinking abou......" before Gailey was hustling out the door with his prepacked bag.

A (92): Chan Gailey, offensive coordinator. Smartest man at Arrowhead Stadium. Collected a fat paycheck for sitting on his can while Todd Haley made a fool of himself trying to serve as head coach, offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach. Gailey’s image is untarnished after being fired by Haley before the start of the season.

I've got to wonder more about that situation this preseason. A lot of people really dislike Todd Haley and I wonder if he only got as far as "Chan we're thinking abou......" before Gailey was hustling out the door with his prepacked bag.

He was hired by Herm Edwards and not Haley. Haley has an ego and wanted to make his mark on the team. i thought Gailey did a good job with Tyler Thigpen last year.