SABRES ARE MONEY$$$

Buffalo 66

It really is all Ruff at times... As much as I have been on a rollercoaster about possibly having to get a new coach... Would any coach get as much out of players as Ruff does. He is quite a commodity. I so deparately want a SC with him behind the bench! I feel time may be running out and that is unfair... Sadly unfair.

What I like about Ruff is that he changes with the game and is creative. He has become a master of his trade over the years by being open to new concepts much in the same way Bilichick constantly seeks new concepts and approaches. That says a lot about him. He also knows how to get the most out of the talent that he has on his team.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

What I like about Ruff is that he changes with the game and is creative. He has become a master of his trade over the years by being open to new concepts much in the same way Bilichick constantly seeks new concepts and approaches. That says a lot about him. He also knows how to get the most out of the talent that he has on his team.

:thumbsup::wallbash:

Exactly! I really don't want him gone... I am afraid not winning it all soon, things will have to change. He can be coach forever (even not winning) and I would be happy. He really is not the problem and never will be.

They did destory a Cup Contender in the middle of what could have been a great run with stupidity. I like how they're playing but it's January. In the insanely long hockey season, there is a very long time to go. I fear they don't have enough scoring.

Again... I said it a long time ago... Something wasn't right. I don't think personally DB and CD were on board as leaders for the long haul. There is much more than we really know.

I agree to disagree... It had to be done. I can't give you a reason... All I can say, I just didn't have the same vibe as you or others that scream at management about what happened.

Again... I said it a long time ago... Something wasn't right. I don't think personally DB and CD were on board as leaders for the long haul. There is much more than we really know.

I agree to disagree... It had to be done. I can't give you a reason... All I can say, I just didn't have the same vibe as you or others that scream at management about what happened.

They completely screw that up and missed a great shot at teh Cup. That said, they done a good job puttign this team together and admitting their previous mistakes (signing back Grier, not stupidly wanting until the start of FAcy to talk about a contract).

They completely screw that up and missed a great shot at teh Cup. That said, they done a good job puttign this team together and admitting their previous mistakes (signing back Grier, not stupidly wanting until the start of FAcy to talk about a contract).

The sabres are a well run organization.

They could not comopete with Philly and other big spending clubs so we took our knocks and lost Drury and Briere over one off season.

And the GM and coach re-vamped with the style of players we had, added some good guys, drafted well, signed the BEST player we had then (or now) to a good contract, and, waalaa, we are on top again.

This is good team management.

BTW neither Drury or Briere has blossomed into a true star since.

Crosby is one person and he no way near the "Next Great One" He is a good player and great at times but not always special. He lets his emotions get the best of him and crys like a whore paid in pennies. The rest of that team is not playing well and the chemistry is not there.

One or two trades to get some more scoring power (trade Vanek)... And we got a shot!

The Pens slump like this every year and if you think Sid is just a good player then you are a fool and a half.

Crosby is one person and he no way near the "Next Great One" He is a good player and great at times but not always special. He lets his emotions get the best of him and crys like a whore paid in pennies. The rest of that team is not playing well and the chemistry is not there.

One or two trades to get some more scoring power (trade Vanek)... And we got a shot!

The best or maybe 2nd best player in the league is 'good'??

Briere and Drury are signed to disgusting contracts that far exceed their value to their respective teams.

KUDOS to Darcy for not signing Briere to a 7 year 50 million dollar deal that would have cost us Vanek or maybe Miller.

They both got what the market would bear and good for them.

Now Drury is just an aging mid level performer, and Briere is no question, a huge dissappointment for Philly fans. We stung them TWICE, they also got to pay a first rounder and huge bucks to the ex Buffalo player, Jason Peters.

Beef on weck>philly chees steak. That's 3!

Why not? First place in the conference. And we deserve some fun.

/This first-year season tix holder is having a LOT of fun.

Yes, they are a fun team to watch this year, but (and I am not sure how old you are) but I don't think any Sabres fan needs to be reminded that the regular season and the playoffs are two different games in the NHL.

This team definitely has some talent, and they have a bit more mental toughness than we have seen in the last couple of seasons, but, I hate to say it, throughout Sabres history, the thing that has killed some very good squads, is an inability to get scoring when they need it most. You have to be able to score in the playoffs... or, Miller has to be at his very best (as he has been more often than not this season) night in night out, come the second season... that hasn't always happened.

It will be interesting to see what happens around the trade deadline with the Sabres. I happen to think Reiger is a good GM, but, like our other favorite team, he has some things working against him, organizationally.

Yes, they are a fun team to watch this year, but (and I am not sure how old you are) but I don't think any Sabres fan needs to be reminded that the regular season and the playoffs are two different games in the NHL.

This team definitely has some talent, and they have a bit more mental toughness than we have seen in the last couple of seasons, but, I hate to say it, throughout Sabres history, the thing that has killed some very good squads, is an inability to get scoring when they need it most. You have to be able to score in the playoffs... or, Miller has to be at his very best (as he has been more often than not this season) night in night out, come the second season... that hasn't always happened.

It will be interesting to see what happens around the trade deadline with the Sabres. I happen to think Reiger is a good GM, but, like our other favorite team, he has some things working against him, organizationally.

Let's hope Vanek and Pominville round into top form at the right time.

I like the kid Ellis in Portland also he seems to be able to put the puck in the net, maybe they are saving him (small frame) for late season/playoff added scoring

Only the best team in the National Hockey League...

Your buddy Devldog was born and raised in San Jose.

cool another Cali Bills fan, just like our QB Mr. Trent Edwards.

Good luck to the Sharks, until they meet the Sabres in the finals, anyway

cool another Cali Bills fan, just like our QB Mr. Trent Edwards.

Good luck to the Sharks, until they meet the Sabres in the finals, anyway

Yup. I love Cali and miss it everyday now that I am stuck in patriots* country...

But, being so close to BFLO made it possible for me to go to my first ever game at the Ralph this season. Went to the fish fry in November.

stern Conference

Team GP Pts

1. * Buffalo 47 66

2. * Washington 48 66

3. * New Jersey 47 65

4. Pittsburgh 50 61

5. Boston 48 54

6. Ottawa 50 54

7. NY Rangers 49 53

8. NY Islanders 49 52

9. Florida 49 50

10. Montreal 50 50