Vacuum cleaner search

Folks:

My lovely wife is in the market for a vacuum cleaner, and wondering what direction she should go.

As you folks were fantastic in response to our search for a camera last year, wondering if anyone might have any tips. And hey, I'm even using caps here.

Specifics she's looking for are:

-- Something reasonably priced.

-- Canister style (uprights are definitely out).

-- And, obviously, the one that sucks the best.

jw

I have a dyson dc-25 animal. It's an upright, but its the best vacuum cleaner I've ever used (not counting the kirby of course). While this vacuum cleaner does not fit your requirement, I know dyson makes a canister vac which you should look at.

now, now. ... B-)

Dyson is an option.

My wife was wondering about a Kenmore. From what she's read, there's mixed reactions to the brand, either people love 'em or hate 'em.

jw

Inlaws have a Kenmore. Long hose with a squatty sucking part that follows behind you. It recently crapped out on them so I have to take it to get a repair estimate. Was good for 5-6 years prior.

I think this is the model they have

now, now. ... ;)

Dyson is an option.

My wife was wondering about a Kenmore. From what she's read, there's mixed reactions to the brand, either people love 'em or hate 'em.

jw

They're decent and will do the jobs most people require. They're pretty rugged, but the do break down after a few of years of heavy use. I've had them for about 30 years - gone through 3 and am on the 4th now. They take a fair amount of abuse - but then the brushes wear down, belts break - and damn it all you've got to change the filter bag. B-)

Beerball/Nanker:

Thanks. We've had a Kenmore, which has finally and utterly broken down, which is why we're in the market for a new one, and didn't know if the newer models were up to, ahem, "snuff."

Dyson's an option, but still leaning for something less expensive. Plan to check both out.

And as I once wrote in some previous post: Don't know why some ad agency doesn't come up with the tag line that "our vacuum cleaner sucks, it really sucks."

or somethingj like that.

jw

And as I once wrote in some previous post: Don't know why some ad agency doesn't come up with the tag line that "our vacuum cleaner sucks, it really sucks."

jw

I don't know whether this matters or not to a vacuum company but the Bills have already adopted that slogan.

The 2009 Buffalo Bills!!!! Our team sucked, it really sucked!!!

Steely sucks the worst and he's usually not upright.

Does this help?

(sorry, ours is upright...Dyson I think, very powerful sucker)

It doesn't matter if you're looking for an upright or not. The single most important thing to look for is the location of the dirtbag, which in Steely's case would be walking right behind the vacuum cleaner.

ouch. funny. but ouch.

jw

I actually really like Steely. There just seems to be this running thing where everybody rags on him. I don't know how it started. Maybe I overstepped a little? I mean, just because a guy is a despicable low life jackass, that doesn't make it ok for other people to pick on him all the time. Or does it? B-)

Folks:

My lovely wife is in the market for a vacuum cleaner, and wondering what direction she should go.

As you folks were fantastic in response to our search for a camera last year, wondering if anyone might have any tips. And hey, I'm even using caps here.

Specifics she's looking for are:

-- Something reasonably priced.

-- Canister style (uprights are definitely out).

-- And, obviously, the one that sucks the best.

jw

Slap a Bills sticker on the front and I guarantee that any vacuum you buy will be the suckiest suckfest you every did see. Of course if you ever remove the sticker it will stop sucking immediately.

I have a dyson dc-25 animal. It's an upright, but its the best vacuum cleaner I've ever used (not counting the kirby of course). While this vacuum cleaner does not fit your requirement, I know dyson makes a canister vac which you should look at.

I have a dyson it is upright but worth it - with two cats who shed profusely I needed something good. Dyson blew (sucked?) anything else away.

If you are going to buy one I encourage you to go the ebay route. I bought mine substantially discounted through ebay because it was considered a factory refurbish. Came with same factory guarantee as new. Dyson has a policy that if any of their machines are taken out of the box for any reason they can't be resold as new. They go to companies who "refurbish" them and sell with the same warranty. They might have a scratch or superficial mark but it is a vacuum so who cares?

Good luck - and good sucking :wallbash: