Tim Tebow interest

So we all know Jacksonville is highly interested in Tebow. So here is and idea i heard that i really like.

We show extreme interest in drafting Tim Tebow, knowing Jacksonville is interested and see what Jacksonville is willing to offer if anyhitng.

Maybe we can snatch David Garrard out of the deal. Face it Garrad has been efficient with half the talent in Jacksonville at the WR position. I mean they drafted a QB and made hiom a WR!

(Im sorry i had to create another Tebow thread)

Flame away.

Actually not a bad post.

In last week's Tebow thread (draft him, trade him to Jax), no one mentioned the key ingredient: feigning strong interest in him.

That would be step one.

Garrard would be a great stop gap QB for the Bills. He's never had a single decent target to throw to in his career and he's been productive at times in their offense which features an average line, terrible receivers, and one excellent running back. Garrard can buy time with his legs, is very hard to bring down, and has good experience.

So basically Nix has to start saying really flattering things about Tebow, hold a few interviews with him, private workout before the draft, etc.

The problem with that idea is if it works and Nix convinces Jax we're truely interested, then Jax may want to make a trade with the team ahead of us in the draft. We need to hope whomever is right behind us wants Tebow. And that's assuming these Jax wants Tebow rumors are even true. Maybe in the 2nd round??

So we all know Jacksonville is highly interested in Tebow. So here is and idea i heard that i really like.

We show extreme interest in drafting Tim Tebow, knowing Jacksonville is interested and see what Jacksonville is willing to offer if anyhitng.

Maybe we can snatch David Garrard out of the deal. Face it Garrad has been efficient with half the talent in Jacksonville at the WR position. I mean they drafted a QB and made hiom a WR!

Flame away.

The problem with that idea is if it works and Nix convinces Jax we're truely interested, then Jax may want to make a trade with the team ahead of us in the draft. We need to hope whomever is right behind us wants Tebow. And that's assuming these Jax wants Tebow rumors are even true. Maybe in the 2nd round??

Good points. It's a game of mystery and intrigue. Cloak and dagger stuff.

Obviously the Bills would have to have total certainty before drafting Tebow if he's there at their pick.

If thats the case, thats one less team we have to worry about drafting a player we truly want. I see it as a cant lose situation, but the Bills have a tendancy to screw that up sometimes.

And yes if the perfect fit player is not there in the top ten, trade down a few slots and pick up an extra second or third.

The problem with ideas like this is you're assuming the other team is moronic. It's a one sided proposition.

Maybe they're feigning interest? OH CRAP! WTF OBD! You've been played by the Jaguars! They can't do anything right. This organization is done.

this is assuming alot,

for starters, Garrard won't be on the block, mainly because TIM TEBOW WILL NOT BE READY TO BE A STARTING QB IN HIS ROOKIE YEAR. He'll be lucky to get in on wildcat formations.

Jax will not trade their starter for a gimmick player that will require at least 1-2 years of riding the pine to learn the pro game.

this is assuming alot,

for starters, Garrard won't be on the block, mainly because TIM TEBOW WILL NOT BE READY TO BE A STARTING QB IN HIS ROOKIE YEAR. He'll be lucky to get in on wildcat formations.

Jax will not trade their starter for a gimmick player that will require at least 1-2 years of riding the pine to learn the pro game.

Good point.

This idea is silly. First, what would the Bills FO do to "feign interest", run around in Tebow Bills jerseys and wear eye black with scription citations??

Second, it is insane to think the Jax would trade Garrard for a rookie QB. He signed a $60 mil contract ($20 mil guaranteed) less than 2 years ago.

Good point.

This idea is silly. First, what would the Bills FO do to "feign interest", run around in Tebow Bills jerseys and wear eye black with scription citations??

Second, it is insane to think the Jax would trade Garrard for a rookie QB. He signed a $60 mil contract ($20 mil guaranteed) less than 2 years ago.

I understand that, but Jax has to realize/know that Tebow equals fans in the seats. Don't think the Bills are the only team that thinks that way. Im not saying that have to get Garrard or are able, but see what Jax is willing to offer to move up to that spot.

Brohm

LoL

Flame away.

Heres my issue with that...what are we passing on to make this trade? A top OT, LB or DE will almost certainly be there at #9, all key positions of need, especially OT. What are we really going to get from Jax to move down? No way we trade a #1 pick for just DG...is Jax really willing to give up DG and their #1 pick for Tebow who has lots of question marks projecting to the NFL? I would seriously doubt they would trade DG and their #1 for the #9 pick to get Tebow.

Especially given DG has been hampered by a severe lack of playmakers during his time as Jax QB. They have too good of a core on that team to just throw it all away and start rebuilidng behind a questionable QB, especailly since Del Rio is coaching for his job next year. With the emergence of Sims Walker, they are most likely looking to add another playmaker to the offense rather than scrap the whole thing for a QB who has questionable NFL skills.

If Jax is going to make a play for Tebow, I seriously doubt DG will be involved in the move. They are not going to hand over the reigns to an unproven rookie in a year where everyone is playing for their jobs. So that being said, what would Jax be willing to give up to get a guy who wont play next year on anything other than specialty plays (barring injury to DG of course)? They need a WR and help on D, which will likely make a trade with them hard to make. For it to be worth it to us, we would need at least their first and second round picks along with an additional pick somewhere...thats a lot to pay for Tebow who may fall to them anyway (and most likely does).

So this trade just doesnt make sense to me from either prospective. We need a top 10 talent at OT or Defensive front 7 and there will almost certainly be one available at our pick. Trading down this year just isnt as attractive unless we can recoup a bounty, and paying a bounty to get Tebow just makes no sense for Jax, especially since in all probability he will fall to them in the first (where I am not even convinced they would draft him, depends on his workouts leading up to the draft).

Flame away.

I really like this idea. At the worst I think Tebow would be as good as Gerard is.

Good point.

Heres my issue with that...what are we passing on to make this trade? A top OT, LB or DE will almost certainly be there at #9, all key positions of need, especially OT. What are we really going to get from Jax to move down? No way we trade a #1 pick for just DG...is Jax really willing to give up DG and their #1 pick for Tebow who has lots of question marks projecting to the NFL? I would seriously doubt they would trade DG and their #1 for the #9 pick to get Tebow.

Especially given DG has been hampered by a severe lack of playmakers during his time as Jax QB. They have too good of a core on that team to just throw it all away and start rebuilidng behind a questionable QB, especailly since Del Rio is coaching for his job next year. With the emergence of Sims Walker, they are most likely looking to add another playmaker to the offense rather than scrap the whole thing for a QB who has questionable NFL skills.

If Jax is going to make a play for Tebow, I seriously doubt DG will be involved in the move. They are not going to hand over the reigns to an unproven rookie in a year where everyone is playing for their jobs. So that being said, what would Jax be willing to give up to get a guy who wont play next year on anything other than specialty plays (barring injury to DG of course)? They need a WR and help on D, which will likely make a trade with them hard to make. For it to be worth it to us, we would need at least their first and second round picks along with an additional pick somewhere...thats a lot to pay for Tebow who may fall to them anyway (and most likely does).

So this trade just doesnt make sense to me from either prospective. We need a top 10 talent at OT or Defensive front 7 and there will almost certainly be one available at our pick. Trading down this year just isnt as attractive unless we can recoup a bounty, and paying a bounty to get Tebow just makes no sense for Jax, especially since in all probability he will fall to them in the first (where I am not even convinced they would draft him, depends on his workouts leading up to the draft).

Right now i do believe we pick 9 and Jax picks 10 so we could maybe swing a deal for Jax to move up and we pick up an extra 3rd and 5ht rounder, along with number 10 overall..