New QB & cheap

peanuts

I would attempt to trade a 4 rounder or later & Roscoe for Billy Volek.... Why not..

Why try to pick up a guy whose ambition is to be a back-up?

There will be a lot of second rate qbs available. There always are and one or two usually make it. I'd rather have Mark Bulger. He will be dropped before too long. And he needs a fresh start. I still say Mike Vick is the guy to get.

Why the hell does this trade make sense for anybody? Why does SD need a fading punt returner? Why would they trade their solid backup QB? Why would we try to teach a 34 year old QB who has extremely limited starting experience an entirely new system?? Why did you even start this thread???

Why try to pick up a guy whose ambition is to be a back-up?

There will be a lot of second rate qbs available. There always are and one or two usually make it. I'd rather have Mark Bulger. He will be dropped before too long. And he needs a fresh start. I still say Mike Vick is the guy to get.

We already have two second rate QBs. Can you tell me who they are? :thumbsup:

No trouble here buddy...I think Volek is a bum.

But, what makes you think Roscoe is fading? He was benched and never used correctly. I am sure dude still has skills...and when we get Vincent Jackson, they will need another WR! :thumbsup:

Fading----no. You have to be something initially before you can "fade" from it.

He is a huge bust. The best use of him was keeping a starters spot on the bench nice and toasty.

Troy Smith?? Come on you guys!

Oh, wait---did you mean as a punt returner to replace Roscoe?

Well, by all means then, let's make a move for him.

I would attempt to trade a 4 rounder or later & Roscoe for Billy Volek.... Why not..

It's amazing.... someone told Billy Volek about this post and he has already informed his team that he will retire before accepting a trade to Buffalo. But he did say he might be interested in the Head Coaching job here. :thumbsup:

I would say Nix would be much more interested in a young QB he helped to draft like Charlie Whitehurst. He's SD's third QB, and while they are unlikely to want to get rid of him either, if they ever try to stash him on the practice squad to make other roster moves, we might be able to sign him away. I forget how that works exactly, but it is what we did with Brohm, no?