How Can Front Office Save Face With This Coaching Debacle

box0life

I'm embaressed and I'm not even in the Bills front office about this coaching search. I feel like everybody is laughing at us. I didn't think things would get even worse than the season, but this coaching search is even harder to take then the Jauron debacle of the last several years.

How does this front office and Bills fans save face from this utter chaos of a coaching search. I can't think of anything they could do to save face other than hire Cowher, but of course that isn't going to happen.

After hearing that Harbaugh turned down the job, how would you feel if you were Leslie Frazier? If I was Frazier and the Bills came running now, I wouldn't take the job offer either. We may have just blown it with him as well.

Who is left when Frazier and Grimm turn down the Bills as well?? Don't expect Garrett to interview. Why would he leave Dallas and that new stadium to come to a hopeless team like Buffalo with this inept front office and owner.

I'm embaressed and I'm not even in the Bills front office about this coaching search. I feel like everybody is laughing at us. I didn't think things would get even worse than the season, but this coaching search is even harder to take then the Jauron debacle of the last several years.

How does this front office and Bills fans save face from this utter chaos of a coaching search. I can't think of anything they could do to save face other than hire Cowher, but of course that isn't going to happen.

After hearing that Harbaugh turned down the job, how would you feel if you were Leslie Frazier? If I was Frazier and the Bills came running now, I wouldn't take the job offer either. We may have just blown it with him as well.

Who is left when Frazier and Grimm turn down the Bills as well?? Don't expect Garrett to interview. Why would he leave Dallas and that new stadium to come to a hopeless team like Buffalo with this inept front office and owner.

Crap. So much for a promising new decade.

One way the organization can save face is get lucky and hire a throw away journeyman assistant who magically turns out to be a brilliant head coach. There is a chance it could work out. Just like putting an Oline together with 4 rookies. Funny thing is once the hire is made I will be convincing myself there is Lombardi in the re-tread.

Win.

"We'd like to introduce you to Leslie Frazier, the man we targeted all along" - Russ Brandon, near future.

who is to say they havent really targeted frazier all along for real.....well...after cowher that is...I think the coaching search (or lack thereof since interviewing Frazier) points to the fact that the bills do actually have their man, and probably have a deal in place but nothing can be done until the Vikings are eliminated from playoffs or win the superbowl...for our teams sake and fans sanity, I hope they lose today to the Boys - as much as i hate dallas.....

i want some resolution, and like it or not, that man is Leslie Frazier

There is nothing that can be said or done by the F.O. to save face.

They just have to beat teams on the field.

exactly.

AS if we weren't already the laughingstock of the league for hanging on with the Bills for the past decade, now practically an entire league full of coaches is turning us down.

This reminds me of the Bills when I started following them in the late 80's. No player wanted to come to Buffalo, as even Kelly chose instead to play for the Houston Gamblers of the USFL and Bruce Smith was vocal about being reluctant to come to Buffalo.

But what Polian did was simply amass enough talent to win on Sunday. And then win again. And again. And again.

Winning solved everything then, and it will do so again.

This isn't especially embarrassing. It's pretty much how coaching searches look. Some guys turn you down, especially if you're a fairly bad team with no QB and a draft pick outside the top 5. If there were 11 teams scrambling for coaches the way there were last year, we would have seen that a lot of teams have this kind of search.

It would seem that since only two or three teams are looking for coaches, it should be easy for us to get the guy we want, but there is a problem caused by so few teams dumping coaches, namely that few coaches are available.

Look at the Buffalo media. They are reporting problems. Look at the national media, they are just reporting things as they happen. Look at the fans on the boards, nothing but doom and destruction and embarrassment.

This isn't especially embarrassing. It's pretty much how coaching searches look. Some guys turn you down, especially if you're a fairly bad team with no QB and a draft pick outside the top 5. If there were 11 teams scrambling for coaches the way there were last year, we would have seen that a lot of teams have this kind of search.

It would seem that since only two or three teams are looking for coaches, it should be easy for us to get the guy we want, but there is a problem caused by so few teams dumping coaches, namely that few coaches are available.

Look at the Buffalo media. They are reporting problems. Look at the national media, they are just reporting things as they happen. Look at the fans on the boards, nothing but doom and destruction and embarrassment.

We have to hire a minority at this point even if he is not thebest candidate as we need something positive to come out of this coach search. So much for Nix's so many years in the NFL holding credibility. We needed an experienced GM with previous coaches that would work for him again. we blew it once again. They are saying in NY right now that we only ran the Tampa 2 with Fewell on first downs mostly as Fewell is described as totally oppposite as we saw him. We should have kept him as the coach.

One point I think that will need to happen (that no one is mentioning thus far) is that in the event Grimm turns us down, then the onus will fall on Nix to start earning his keep.

What I mean by that is that we will have exhausted ourselves going for 'the name'. Nix will then need to start digging in the college ranks to find a candidate nobody thought of.

Then that person will come out of nowhere, and assemble a staff.

That staff will then need to begin building a winner, and all things will be well.

At this point, I would rather have an unknown who turns it around than everybody's Golden Boy.

Coordinators turn down jobs, not interviews.

This is especially embarrassing.

One point I think that will need to happen (that no one is mentioning thus far) is that in the event Grimm turns us down, then the onus will fall on Nix to start earning his keep.

What I mean by that is that we will have exhausted ourselves going for 'the name'. Nix will then need to start digging in the college ranks to find a candidate nobody thought of.

Then that person will come out of nowhere, and assemble a staff.

That staff will then need to begin building a winner, and all things will be well.

At this point, I would rather have an unknown who turns it around than everybody's Golden Boy.

;) Good post. Buddy Nix is a, "...respected football man..." it is his and Brandon’s job to find a head coach.

Ralph Wilson and Littman need to confine themselves to the writing and depositing of checks and the counting of cash.

Throw in an occasional ceremonial appearance.

I never really thought we could grab Shanahan or Cowher.

I thought Billick would be a solid candidate, but the geniuses at OBD aren't even considering him.

The only assistant I am interested in is Grimm, because at least he will bring a toughness and attitude that this team has been lacking for a decade. I like how Pittsburgh plays as a team and maybe he can bring some of that here.

The fact that we have coordinators and a college coach declining to even interview makes me realize the depths to which this once proud franchise has fallen is even deeper and more pathetic than I ever could have imagined.

I hope Grimm interviews and is offered the job. My gut is telling me Frazier will be here though, by default.

It is really easy to fix this. All Ralph has to do is to pledge never to be involved in the day to day activities and stay out of the draft process. The old fart is just Al Davis plau 15 years. I know that he has huge history and what use to be football knowledge but it has long passed him by and my take is that people do not want to coach or manage in a situation where the owner tells the head coach who to star at QB and tells the GM who to pick in the draft.

This year when Jauron was reportedly told that Langston Walker was cut by the front office, that ended any chance of getting an experienced head coach. I cannot prove that was true, rumors all over the place, but other football people hear rumors to and why would you want to put yourself into a position to fail. ;)