I'm starting to realize no one wants the Bills job

Do you realize that the Bills have had a total of two interviews so far? You would think they would have an interview every other day at minimum. I'm starting to think that everyone has been hanging up on Nix. I mean everyone. People here want Cowher or Gruden??? The Bills will be lucky to get Rich Kotite and Wayne Fontes. We fired everyone and now no one will come here. Meanwhile, all the "crappy" coaches we thought sucked are getting hired by better NFL teams. We may be the first NFL team where the players have to coach themselves.

PTR

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you realize that the Bills have had a total of two interviews so far? You would think they would have an interview every other day at minimum. I'm starting to think that everyone has been hanging up on Nix. I mean everyone. People here want Cowher or Gruden??? The Bills will be lucky to get Rich Kotite and Wayne Fontes. We fired everyone and now no one will come here. Meanwhile, all the "crappy" coaches we thought sucked are getting hired by better NFL teams. We may be the first NFL team where the players have to coach themselves.

PTR

It seems to me that if we asked Fassel or Billick, they would jump at it.... Heck didn't Fassel actually beg Al Davis for a shot at the NFL again fairly recently? :wallbash:

Although, I do doubt that Buddy has the aforementioned coaches on his list.

PTR

Pete Rose was a player/coach, look how he ended up. :wallbash:

This is b.s. We were advised the Bills had a "short list" of coaching candidates. Fewell was granted an interview out of respect, Frazier was interviewed during the Vikes' bye week, Schottenheimer said no (for valid reasons, IMO), and the Bills have to wait on Grimm. They spoke with Shanahan, and have (allegedly) spoken with Cowher.

There are only 32 of these jobs in the WORLD. Stop smoking the "everybody hates us and nobody wants to be here" pipe.

PTR

How. Can. You. Be. So. Sure.

I can understand the lack of confidence in Russ and Buddy but, just because the media doesn't know, doesn't mean its not happening.

Get your finger off the panic button.

First off, I wanted Cowher to coach the Bills. It appears that this will not happen.

Here are some of the objections I read on the board as to why people do not like Frazier.

1. He has great defensive players in Minnesota so he will not be able to duplicate his success elsewhere.

Response: Who has won without great players? Cowher? No. Never heard the argument that Cowhere only won because of all the great Steelers players that were there.

2. He runs the Cover 2 and I want to see a different defense.

Response: Our defensive players are Cover 2 type players. It would take all the Bills Free agent money and draft picks to convert to a 3-4. Our defense, although too soft against the run kept us in most games this year. Our Offense couldnt get a first down.

He wants to come to Buffalo, is highly respected around the league, and has seen success in everything he has done in his professional career as a player and coach. He has a superbowl ring as a player and as an assistant coach.

This is b.s. We were advised the Bills had a "short list" of coaching candidates. Fewell was granted an interview out of respect, Frazier was interviewed during the Vikes' bye week, Schottenheimer said no (for valid reasons, IMO), and the Bills have to wait on Grimm. They spoke with Shanahan, and have (allegedly) spoken with Cowher.

There are only 32 of these jobs in the WORLD. Stop smoking the "everybody hates us and nobody wants to be here" pipe.

Exactly! And since no one really wants this one...what does this say about the Org?

I'm surprised at you Promo I thought you were the don't panic guy. Nix has one shot at getting this right and the Bills are keeping this process pretty quiet. I'm not jumping off the ledge because Brian Schottemheimer doesn't have the stones to be the number one guy. I don't know the inner workings of the Bills but who knows if there have been 'stealth meetings' that chicken little Clayton hasn't found out about. You never know Buddy may actually get a good coach. Flame away :wallbash:

I'm surprised at you Promo I thought you were the don't panic guy. Nix has one shot at getting this right and the Bills are keeping this process pretty quiet. I'm not jumping off the ledge because Brian Schottemheimer doesn't have the stones to be the number one guy. I don't know the inner workings of the Bills but who knows if there have been 'stealth meetings' that chicken little Clayton hasn't found out about. You never know Buddy may actually get a good coach. Flame away :wallbash:

First off lets back up. 'Right' would have not been hiring Nix, cleaning out the entire front office and doing an outside GM search.

Next, Doing it 'right'? Right would be getting a HC worth a **** in here, right now no one worth a damn wants the job. Hell even assistants are saying no thanks to even interviewing.

Fans need to understand, since Ralph didn't clean house and did business as usual with an internal promotion, there will not be anything at all 'Right' with this team till he dies.

Usually I try to be more supportive of the franchise. I do think Brandon and Nix are trying to build a winner, but I'm starting to realize just how low people's opinions are of Ralph Wilson Jr. I don't think there have been many stealth meetings since the Cowher one. Kind of hard to do that with playoff coaches. It's considered tampering. I'm just getting a little worried.

PTR

First off lets back up. 'Right' would have not been hiring Nix, cleaning out the entire front office and doing an outside GM search.

Next, Doing it 'right'? Right would be getting a HC worth a **** in here, right now no one worth a damn wants the job. Hell even assistants are saying no thanks to even interviewing.

Fans need to understand, since Ralph didn't clean house and did business as usual with an internal promotion, there will not be anything at all 'Right' with this team till he dies.

Somebody needs some stank on their hang low. You are the most miserable person I've never met.