Name your favorite sports team besides the Bills/Sabres.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yankees fans not from NYC/Tri-state area are poseurs. It's like rooting for the dealer in blackjack. /Science

Really... :devil::ph34r:

Only if the area which you live in has a team... I can see your point. If your area doesn't have a team, why not root for ANY team.

The Yankees have always had a big historical following in BFLO... Even the Steinbrenner family is from the Great Lakes Region (Cleveland).

Really... :devil::ph34r:

Only if the area which you live in has a team... I can see your point. If your area doesn't have a team, why not root for ANY team.

The Yankees have always had a big historical following in BFLO... Even the Steinbrenner family is from the Great Lakes Region (Cleveland).

Yeah, I disagree with that statement as well. When I became a fan of the Yankees at 6 years old, I had no idea that they played 400 miles away nor did it matter. I lived in New York, they were the New York Yankees and they were and still are my favorite team.

Yeah, I disagree with that statement as well. When I became a fan of the Yankees at 6 years old, I had no idea that they played 400 miles away nor did it matter. I lived in New York, they were the New York Yankees and they were and still are my favorite team.

My mother growing up in the 1940's and 1950's only thought that there were 2 teams in baseball... The Yankees and Dodgers! REALLY! My grandmother (born 1914) was a avid Yankee fan since she was a little girl.

Red Sox

Pirates (God I am sad)

Steelers

Penn State football

Tar Heel B-Ball

Colts

My father has been a hardcore Pirates fan since the 1960 World Series. I was actually born the night they beat the Orioles in game 7 of the 79 world series. Things were looking good for Willie "pops" Stargell and my pop.

........ you know the rest ;), Oh and eff Sid Bream.

My father has been a hardcore Pirates fan since the 1960 World Series. I was actually born the night they beat the Orioles in game 7 of the 79 world series. Things were looking good for Willie "pops" Stargell and my pop.

........ you know the rest <_<, Oh and eff Sid Bream.

My first live professional sports experience was in Forbes Field. Stargell hit one out of the stadium.

Clemente is the closest I have ever come to having a "sports hero".

Next year is their year, for sure! ;)

My first live professional sports experience was in Forbes Field. Stargell hit one out of the stadium.

Next year is their year, for sure! ;)

Obviously, Forbes Field and Clemente were before my time but I've been educated on both. Always thought the sight of Mazeroski's homerun disappearing into the trees was surreal.

Clemente was a hero to many.

Next year is their year, for sure! :thumbsup:

I saw Clemente play three times. Once at Forbes, then at Shea and finally at Three Rivers.