Source: Frazier next Bills HC

buffalo1983

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Theres a fat guy down here in NYC who was a long time coordinator with no HC experience and took a disaster of a franchise to the playoffs in year one of his tenure, and now has that franchise poised for a lot of future success.

Im just saying.......

I wanted an experienced guy, too. I dont know why Billick isnt even being considered (did he ALSO say no?).

But if the Bills are just downright FORCED to go the "coordinator" route, so be it. At this point, it seems that might be their only choice.

the Fat guy has two great lines to work with. The Fat guy's team physically dominated us this year. We need to rebuild the lines or the Fat guy will always beat us down

But if the Bills are just downright FORCED to go the "coordinator" route, so be it. At this point, it seems that might be their only choice.

My concern with the coordinator route has nothing to do with the qualifications or potential of any of the candidates. Some of them will probably turn out to be great NFL head coaches.

The problem is the Bills simply stink at identifying coordinators to hire as their head coach. In the 50 year history of the Bills, I cannot remember former coordinator they hired to be head coach that was successful. The 3 most successful coaches I remember, Saban, Knox, and Levy were head coaches in the league (Saban at least on his second tour).

I don't even know why Frazier's a candidate. His defense has been very inconsistant all year and he's got 3 true probowlers on his D-line....I don't get it....

ditto. Fewell would be a "hot candidate" too with the talent Frazier has at his disposal.

I don't even know why Frazier's a candidate. His defense has been very inconsistant all year and he's got 3 true probowlers on his D-line....I don't get it....

Exactly...I just don't understand why this guy is even in the running...Because Dungy is marketing on his behalf? I don't get it...I think a guy like Russ Grimm has a MUCH better Resume than Frazier...I'm not 100% opposed to going the Coordinator route...But when the names are Frazier and Fewell...Well...I think we can do better than that...I KNOW we can do better... :unsure:

Theres a fat guy down here in NYC who was a long time coordinator with no HC experience and took a disaster of a franchise to the playoffs in year one of his tenure, and now has that franchise poised for a lot of future success.

Im just saying.......

I wanted an experienced guy, too. I dont know why Billick isnt even being considered (did he ALSO say no?).

What are you talking about, the last two head coaches had the Jets in the playoffs? In 04 Herm Edwards had them 10-6 and won a playoff game that got Marty fired. The Mangenius went 10-6 in 06, I'd hardly call that franchise a disaster.

One of the best O lines in the NFL and the best running attack, the problem with the Jets the last 6 years has been QB injuries.

BTW, who drafted Derrelle Revis...before you cannonize Rex Ryan. That "fat man" inherited a darn good team, all he did was straighten out the defense.

Im just saying.......

I completely disagree, The JETS were hardly a disaster. They had a very impressive defense that was 1 year away from having the best CB in the league and a leader LB away from having a strong defense.

They were missing a QB, and WR from the equation along with a dedication to an already strong running game.

You couldnt be more off.

Looks like once the Vikings are eliminated from the postseason, Frazier will be the next HC of the Buffalo Bills. From a Source coming from Terry Long. Terry use to work for Yahoo Sports,ESPN and even Sirius Radio.

The source also told him that a "handshake" deal is in place.

My source says youre wrong.

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/billboard/

From Mark Gaughan:

Frazier factor

We expect to hear from Jets offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer today (honest) about his decision to pass up the chance to interview for the Bills' head coaching job. I had been told that he was due to talk Wednesday, but Thursday is his day to talk this week.

Schottenheimer no doubt is being sincere about his comfort level and happiness working for Rex Ryan in New York. He talked about that at length last week even before the Bills put in a request to speak with him. However, there is speculation in the NFL that also among the factors in Schottenheimer's decision was his expectation that Leslie Frazier has the job locked up.

---Mark Gaughan

Schottenheimer no doubt is being sincere about his comfort level and happiness working for Rex Ryan in New York. He talked about that at length last week even before the Bills put in a request to speak with him. However, there is speculation in the NFL that also among the factors in Schottenheimer's decision was his expectation that Leslie Frazier has the job locked up.

---Mark Gaughan

That can't be...I was told it's because Buffalo is an EPIC FAILURE.

Oh, you CAN win with a coordinator ( Tomlin, Payton, Fisher, Ryan et al ) I just don't want THAT coordinator. There is nothing innovative or exceptional about him. He runs a defensive system similar to the one we have had crashing failure with for years. The 3-4 is where it's at these days, and an attacking defense is in order. He also has possibly the best D line in football to do it. His manner is similar to Jauron. This franchise needs a new energy, and I don't see this guy as having it. Perhaps Frazier will be a good HC somewhere, but it doesn't look like a good fit here.

OK, what do you consider innovative then? Throwing on first down (not innovative), practicing on the moon (not practical), throwing tons of screen passes (not innovative), drafting well (teams do this all the time).

Please tell me what you consider innovative and why he could be a good coach elsewhere, but not here. If thats the case, maybe the Bills need to make some changes- so guys like that could do well here.

From Mark Gaughan:

Frazier factor

We expect to hear from Jets offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer today (honest) about his decision to pass up the chance to interview for the Bills' head coaching job. I had been told that he was due to talk Wednesday, but Thursday is his day to talk this week.

---Mark Gaughan

Reverse Rooney rule?