The real reasons we cant get a coach at this point

Cowher ( and any decent HC ) wants power. He doesn't want to field the **** talent we will provide for him with the current clowns we have running the show. Bottom line this front office sucks from top to bottom. Any talent on this team was pure luck of the draw. They !@#$ up more first rounders than they hit on. No way in hell would I coach here without having final say on all the football personnel

heard on the drive home from Hub Arkush on 670 in Chicago ( sorry- no link- it was a radio in my car)

Cowher wanted 2 jobs- Chicago and Houston and he wanted them for 1 reason- the QB is in place on both teams

Hub stated Buffalo's starting QB in 2010 is not even on the team right now and that turned Cowher off to the Bills

They haven't hired anybody yet because they haven't found the right guy. This is a great job. One of 32 guys in the world. Be paient. Schottenheimer wants to be a Jet. Maybe he feels he will make more dough in the long run with another year on the job. I would rather have his dad.

Its a good thing, I guess, that one of their high targets (Frazier) is still on board at this point. At least when he is hired it will at least partially look like a face-saving move.

They haven't hired anybody yet because they haven't found the right guy. This is a great job. One of 32 guys in the world. Be paient. Schottenheimer wants to be a Jet. Maybe he feels he will make more dough in the long run with another year on the job. I would rather have his dad.

Brian S. takes a huge risk; he has the cache and perhaps the opp right now if the Jets are not as good next year, maybe he has to wait several years before he gets another chance to HC.

More like the biggest reason. Cowher may want to coach in Buffalo but maybe not LA.

Let me get this straight. You pay me a zillion dollars and I only have to coach in Buffalo for a few years tops and then I continue to get paid a zillion dollars to coach and live in SoCal? Sigh me up.

heard on the drive home from Hub Arkush on 670 in Chicago ( sorry- no link- it was a radio in my car)

Cowher wanted 2 jobs- Chicago and Houston and he wanted them for 1 reason- the QB is in place on both teams

Hub stated Buffalo's starting QB in 2010 is not even on the team right now and that turned Cowher off to the Bills

Good point. A coach is set up for failure in today's NFL without a QB. Which is why it should be the Bills #1 priority -- by far.

The real reason we can not get a big time coach is because of the relocation situation and ownership questions. Ralph is not a young man. It has nothing to do with talent level or being thrifty.

I think it's more because of the dysfunctional operation at OBD.

:thumbdown:

We should also consider the challenge to lure coordinators that faces any potential HC. Staffing concerns are beginning to loom larger, as more and more teams snatch coveted quality coordinators. Any H.C. who takes the Buffalo job will have an ever decreasing talent pool from which to staff his sideline. Even if the next HC is on a playoff team, it does not bode well for that person when it comes to selecting his staff. The longer this drags on, the more likely he will have to look to the college ranks to draw his staff.

Where does that leave us in Bills Nation? With a first time head coach, with college coaches on the sideline.

WOW... this does not get my juices flowing.

Hell I'll do it Ralph. Pay me $2million a year... I am sure I can come in a screw up the Bills just a good as any of the guys you'll eventually hire. Man, I'll do them one better. I'd go out and hire Norm Chow as my OC. assistant head coach, Ted Cottrell will take over the defense. We will definitely be exciting. I'll make the team so darn bad, that you won't have to worry about where the team will end up after you die. It'll already be in toilet. All you need to do is flush!!!!!

Think about it...If he took the Bills job he would have to face that Jet offense 2x a year, he KNOWS how good that running game is, how good the O line is, how good Sanchez can be.

Plus he realizes how tough it will be in this division to win, he will have to face a parcells Dolphin team and Belichick Patriot team while trying to rebuild the Buffalo Bills.

Besides, he might win a super bowl with Rex Ryan in the next few years and then he can take his pick of top teams that might need a head coach.

Or maybe he doesn't have the stones to be a HC

Repeat after me:

We are not going anywhere.

Kelly will keep us here.

Ralph is healthy as a horse.

Any more questions?

He is 91 years old already at the far end of the age range bell curve. He can go any day and it would be no surprise at all.

91 year olds don't need cancer to pass away, nature can make any part fail, and that's that.

Kelly has no billion dollars ready.

I hope you are correct though

This is merely one of many reasons.

This is just one style...

out of many...

like a piggybank...

this is one penny...

my brother's name is Kenny...

that's Kenny Parker...

my other brother ICU...

is much darker...

Boogie Down Productions is made up of teachers...

the lecture is conducted from the mic into the speaker...

who gets weaker, the king or the teacher...

its not about a salary its all about reality...

Teachers teach and do the world good...

kings just rule and most are never understood...

if you were to rule or govern a certain industry...

all inside this room would be in misery...

noone would get along nor play a song...

cause everyone would be singing for the king...

am i wrong?!?!

so yo, whats up, its me again...

Scott LaRock, KRS, BDP again...