Bills FO, please just hire Perry Fewell already

1billsfan

Based on what?

I saw a couple of interviews with Frazier and he just gave me a vibe of being a quiet guy in the Tony Dungy and Dick Jauron mold. I don't think that is a good fit after four years of Jauron. I'm not saying he won't be a good coach if given the right situation, just saying that given the choice, this team needs an A type personality like Fewell rather than the stoic non-emotional type of Frazier.

I saw a couple of interviews with Frazier and he just gave me a vibe of being a quiet guy in the Tony Dungy and Dick Jauron mold. I don't think that is a good fit after four years of Jauron. I'm not saying he won't be a good coach if given the right situation, just saying that given the choice, this team needs an A type personality like Fewell rather than the stoic non-emotional type of Frazier.

FWIW, Larry Fitzgerald Sr. was on WGR this morning talking about Frazier, and he completely disagreed with that perception. He said that Frazier doesn't have the reputation as a yeller, but that he has a very firm hand, and doesn't handle the players with kid gloves.

Everyone needs to calm down.

There are still 8 playoff teams, each of whom have assistants that the Bills could interview. Here's a few of the names:

- Ron Riviera (who's on the record as saying he won't be interviewed until SD's season is over)

- Darrell Bevell

- Greg Mattison

- Russ Grimm (interviewing within the next week)

- Jason Garrett

There's no need to go freaking out and hiring Perry Fewell. He wasn't a good defensive coordinator, and he did absolutely nothing to distinguish himself as a head coach (other than being louder than Dick Jauron). Let's at least wait until the team has had opportunities to interview some of the remaining candidates before we have a total meltdown.

And there's no way I'm agreeing with the factions that would prefer Fewell to Leslie Frazier...talent or no talent, I'll take the guy that was good at his DC job over the guy that wasn't.

nice post. however, fewell was able to minimize offensive penalties. by maybe 50%. last in the league in defense would automatically disqualify him from head coach. but he was 100% an improvement over jauwrong. but wait, my pet ant is an improvement over jauwrong.

FWIW, Larry Fitzgerald Sr. was on WGR this morning talking about Frazier, and he completely disagreed with that perception. He said that Frazier doesn't have the reputation as a yeller, but that he has a very firm hand, and doesn't handle the players with kid gloves.

I wish we knew more about the guy. Because if he is in the Tony Dungy/Dick Jauron mold then hands down I'd rather see Fewell get the job. I was impressed with Fewell's head coaching job given the situation he was thrust into. Love the positive, emotional go-get-em personality. With the choices that are left, I fear that the Bills are letting a potentially very good head coach go just for the sake of change.

I wish we knew more about the guy. Because if he is in the Tony Dungy/Dick Jauron mold then hands down I'd rather see Fewell get the job. I was impressed with Fewell's head coaching job given the situation he was thrust into. Love the positive, emotional go-get-em personality. With the choices that are left, I fear that the Bills are letting a potentially very good head coach go just for the sake of change.

Yep it's Fewell, Fraizer and if those don't work maybe we can talk to the guy who coaches OP high School. They are State Champs and if we hire him there is not a cost to relocate him!.

Does anyone on this message board really think any of the other HC candidates (including cowher and shanahan) could have done better than the 3-4 record Fewell posted with this team?

...and neither Cowher or Shanahan are walking through that door.

The answer is obviously no and there comes a point when hiring Perry Fewell is the better option than hiring your 5th or 6th non-Fewell candidate on this potential head coaching list. Frazier and Grimm are complete question mark candidates coming here from the NFC. I always said that there was a point when I'd want Fewell back as the head coach and to me, we're reaching that point. I'm officially cool with Fewell. I say hire him already and lets start looking forward to the draft. Maybe Fewell being our head coach was just meant to be and he truly IS the guy to lead us to the long awaited next great era of Buffalo Bills football.

...and neither Cowher or Shanahan are walking through that door.

The answer is obviously no and there comes a point when hiring Perry Fewell is the better option than hiring your 5th or 6th non-Fewell candidate on this potential head coaching list. Frazier and Grimm are complete question mark candidates coming here from the NFC. I always said that there was a point when I'd want Fewell back as the head coach and to me, we're reaching that point. I'm officially cool with Fewell. I say hire him already and lets start looking forward to the draft. Maybe Fewell being our head coach was just meant to be and he truly IS the guy to lead us to the long awaited next great era of Buffalo Bills football.

What you said. If we had clean out the rest of the front office, bring in some scouts good at evaluating talent and start to give Fewell the tools he needs, I think this could be a winning team. If we do not make any other changes in the FO or scouting department, Fewell, or any other coach is resigned to the same fate as the last four HC in buffalo.

...to the way Dick Jauron coached.

He knows our team inside and out and did not seem overwhelmed at all when given the reigns of the team. I really liked the way our team responded to his coaching style and if the Bills hire him to a bargain contract then maybe in a year or two if he fails the Bills will be a more attractive spot to land a more experienced coach so long as the QB situation has been solidified.

C'mon Bills fans. Time to cut bait and realize that Perry Fewell IS TRULY the best fit as head coach after the embarrassment of getting turned down by Brain freaking Schottenheimer.

Frazier looks like the second coming of the "quiet and stoic" Dick Jauron and Russ Grimm is someone that has never been given a real big boy NFL job since he's been a coach in this league.

If this is what's left, I want Perry back if for no other reason that he's a sure thing in terms of being an emotional and active participant in leading this team. Time for the front office to do the right thing and promote from within.

I'll say no to both Frazier and Fewell or I'll :thumbdown: , I really can't stand the Tampa 2 defense. I don't care who the DC is, or the players are. The Bills have smallish defensive players because of that idiotic Jauron and his craptastic scheme.

The Bills defense was last against the run this past season and they have been horrid stopping the run since Jauron got hired.

If either of these two gets the Job you can pretty much predict the future for the next three years... last in the division.

I'll say no to both Frazier and Fewell or I'll :thumbdown: , I really can't stand the Tampa 2 defense. I don't care who the DC is, or the players are. The Bills have smallish defensive players because of that idiotic Jauron and his craptastic scheme.

The Bills defense was last against the run this past season and they have been horrid stopping the run since Jauron got hired.

If either of these two gets the Job you can pretty much predict the future for the next three years... last in the division.

Man, I'm sure you have watched some Vikings games this season. They run a version of the cover 2 yes. The players they utilize to run it are BIG. The DT's and LB's are bigger than what the Bills use. Just because it is the same scheme does not mean the personnel utilitzed will be the same. The Vikings players are quick like the Tampa Bay scheme calls for. They are also bigger than the players used by Indianapolis. Besides its not the scheme its the players. Get better players the scheme will look better. Period. If the Bill ran a 3-4 with their current personnel you would hate that scheme too. The coaching search isn't the Bills issue. March and April will tell the tale of the Bills 2010 season no matter who the coach is. Frazier is well respected in the league for a reason. So is Fewell. Better players make coaches and their systems look good.

Sorry, they are saying in Chicago that Fewell is a lock for D-Coord.

I don't think that's a bad thing at all...It's nothing against Perry...But this Organization needs to move on from the DJ era...Cleaning house is necessary...

Buh bye... :thumbdown:

Might be too late. Rumor has it he will be the new Bears DC.

heard that he was going to wait on the bills situation. I still like him as coach. Let him hire his own staff. Bring in his personel. Liked his "this is the guy we can win with" mentality.

I think his point is that in the off season game of musical chairs that goes on, other teams that have HC's in place can hire coordibators and maybe some FA's while the Bills are looking for a HC. And the fear is that when the music stops and all the top candidates have sat down elsewhere, the Bills will be left with whoever doesn't have a chair.

The only FA's they can sign are their own, and street FA/CFL/UFL players. The Bills can still do that cause they have a GM, and if they go after a player, they know what kind of coach/team they are going after so they can get players that they know might fit.

And with little openings in the NFL coaching ranks aside from Buffalo, so most teams already have their co-ordinators in place

NO!

YES!!

Fewell can be a HC in the league. He has the talent. Cohwer is not coming to Buffalo and everyone else is using the Bills as a stepping stone for more money into a team that can actually do something. The Bills are dead. We have very little talent to build on which means everything is from ground up. No big name coach is going to come to Buffalo and attempt to straigten out Ralphie's mess. I say just give Ralphie a red rider bee bee gun already. While he is entertained, Nix can swoop in some big name players and STAFF, not just a coach. Then again no one is touching Buffalo with a ten foot stick. Dan Fing Synder got his guy and the Seahawks swooped down and grabbed theirs. The Chiefs circled the wagons and scalpped Weis.

There's no need to go freaking out and hiring Perry Fewell. He wasn't a good defensive coordinator, and he did absolutely nothing to distinguish himself as a head coach (other than being louder than Dick Jauron)..

And there's no way I'm agreeing with the factions that would prefer Fewell to Leslie Frazier...talent or no talent, I'll take the guy that was good at his DC job over the guy that wasn't.

Well you don't lead the league in interceptions and rank 16th in total defense if you don't know what you are doing as a DC. Thats without stating the obvious that he played without starters in most of the positions on defense. When Brian Scott plays linebacker and your team still has a chance to win I think it means you are doing a good job at game planning a defensive scheme. Our starting linebackers played a quarter and a half together this season. If we had studs in the middle and a freak on the outside maybe our run defense would have looked better. But to do the things that he did with the cast offs and practice squad defense he was forced to use, while spending more time than 29 other NFL defenses on the field, he gets a thumbs up from me.

Their average time on the field in a 60-minute game was 32:34. Only Kansas City’s defense spent more time on the field on average (32:49) than Buffalo’s.

I know it wasn't pleasent watching Buffalo football for most of the year, but watch a game or 2 before posting garbage.

There's no need to go freaking out and hiring Perry Fewell. He wasn't a good defensive coordinator, and he did absolutely nothing to distinguish himself as a head coach (other than being louder than Dick Jauron)..

Well you don't lead the league in interceptions and rank 16th in total defense if you don't know what you are doing as a DC. Thats without stating the obvious that he played without starters in most of the positions on defense. When Brian Scott plays linebacker and your team still has a chance to win I think it means you are doing a good job at game planning a defensive scheme. Our starting linebackers played a quarter and a half together this season. If we had studs in the middle and a freak on the outside maybe our run defense would have looked better. But to do the things that he did with the cast offs and practice squad defense he was forced to use, while spending more time than 29 other NFL defenses on the field, he gets a thumbs up from me.

Their average time on the field in a 60-minute game was 32:34. Only Kansas City’s defense spent more time on the field on average (32:49) than Buffalo’s.

I know it wasn't pleasent watching Buffalo football for most of the year, but watch a game or 2 before posting garbage.

Agreed.

Billick>Frazier>Fewell>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>No-one>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Dick Jauron