The end of "The Tonight Show"

CosmicBills

For the money they pay? Almost anyone they would consider, I'd guess.

True, but with all the money they've thrown away already, there's going to be a lot less in it for the next host.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Kimmel is pretty funny...that is quite a claim!

I don't watch Kimmel's show (or really any of these late night shows), but I think Kimmel is funnier than Leno and Conan combined. You can add Fallon too.

I'm not sure how legit this story is, but Leno may in fact have killed the Tonight Show. Who in their right mind would want to go anywhere near that hosting gig if Leno gets booted now?

I knew the show was doing pretty low numbers. Luckily I find jay Leno to be an obnoxious enough personality for this to be good news. Also, you know, the irony. I can see Comcast trying to force NBC is starting over from scratch and attempting to redefine the property. Can't imagine who'd be up for the job...but that's why I'm not in show business.

Let's start spreading the rumor it'll be Neil Hamburger

The Academy is with Coco! Four Emmy nominations, including Best Variety Show, which is the top prize for its genre.

How much of a "SUCK ON THIS!!!" to NBC and Leno was that??!!

I nearly spewed my tea when I watched that this morning.

The Academy is with Coco! Four Emmy nominations, including Best Variety Show, which is the top prize for its genre.

How much of a "SUCK ON THIS!!!" to NBC and Leno was that??!!

I nearly spewed my tea when I watched that this morning.

I can't help but wonder how much of it is a sympathy vote, but either way, it's another black eye for NBC/Leno.