Dear Mr. Wilson, I Am Done With The Bills.

tonyd19

I get the frustration tonyd. I think part of the problem is in 1988 you saw the NFL as a hobby. It was fun. I think every year it becomes more obvious it's just a business - and it can be difficult to stand behind one that has bad practices. The only voice we have is really with money spent on the team, however they have an advantage of deep loyalty and can get away with seemingly endless mistakes without consequence. Record season ticket sales last year proving that point.

It's also a problem with the league in general. The league seems to be shifting power to the haves rather than have-nots, with the rumored removal of revenue sharing occurring in an upcoming vote.

Moving the team away from Buffalo is certainly not a solution. If you think the pain and disappointment felt by fans posted here after a losing game is bad...try comparing that to removing the team all together. That really doesn't make any sense.

The other problem is you've focused on a coaching search that you can't possibly know the full details of. It appears that Ralph is actually pursuing the biggest names he can attract. He met with Shanahan. He's obviously met with Cowher. That's more than I can recall in prior searches. If he tries and they rebuff, it's not fair to hold it against him. He did, at minimum, hire a GM that is a football guy with a top flight draft/personnel record. That's a step in the right direction. The great memories you had in the 90's was a result of fantastic drafting - as is San Diego's current team that Nix was pivotal in building.

You really are free to leave at any time - and would make sense given that the Bills have not been able to keep up with the 31 franchises around them. However, the other posters are correct. If you are able to do so, you simply are not the level of Bills fans of those of us who aren't able to, no matter how frustrating it can get. The efforts of billboards, for example, might seem silly - but it's what fans realize they can do when they know walking away isn't an option. By taking the time to write a letter of that length I would suspect you really can't either. Fans could probably get behind some type of letter writing campaign as well, though not in the manner of what you've drafted so far.

Disco:

Wow good post. Let me be clear. I do not want the Bills to leave, and I do not want to stop being a fan. As I have said before I will never stop being a fan. But we need to demand more from this team and organization. I am a realist. When I see something that is wrong I try and deal with it. If we just blindly follow and breed medicority...That is exactly what we will get.

The fact is if the Bills front office continues to faulter, they will end up somewhere else, probably Toronto. If we do not call them on their dysfunction, than all we are doing is enabling them. We are part of the problem.

I equate it to having a sibling who is on Drugs. If you stop letting them load up in your home do you love them any less?

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

um look again jackass I was a member before you and will be a member long after you just because I don't have the time nor patience to sit on here and post to every little infantile comment doesn't mean I am not watching...so papazoid or whoever the hell you are you can officially kiss my a**

"This organization has ruined and injured countless promising players and ended careers prematurly due to the desire to not pay for competent help when players have been injured, thus leaving the players they actually do care about exposed to depending on teammates who are not skilled enough to proetect them."

this has to be one of the most thoughtless posts I have ever read. You have absolutely no clue.

Rather than rebutting this with facts, which would be a waste of time with you, I'll just add you to my ignore list.

Buh bye.

um look again jackass I was a member before you and will be a member long after you just because I don't have the time nor patience to sit on here and post to every little infantile comment doesn't mean I am not watching...so papazoid or whoever the hell you are you can officially kiss my a**

just funnin with ya.....but watch it....your still on probation.

I for one really liked your rant. I myself am finding less and less time to commit to this team. With a new job, a new house, and working a lot of weekends its very hard to set aside an entire Sunday to this team. I also find myself running out of excuses. "They were good once" - yea I was 6 years old the last time they went to the Superbowl and my only real memory is that I had Cowboy/Bills stickers on my lunch box - that might be a good thing though. "They are close to being at the top again" - I have said that since 1999, but the reality is no they arent. They are no closer to the Superbowl than they were Mike Williams rookie year. It takes a lot of hard work to rmain that bad for that long. "Maybe they just know somethign I dont" - What I have said every last saturday in April for years. I began to follow this team so closely and treated teh team like I was in the front office. I have had to suffer through mistakes like Whitner>Ngata, Losman, Hardy, McCargo, McKelvin>DRC, and now this years Maybin>Orakpo. This team has drafted 1 decent player with their last ten first round picks. Its sad that a kid with basic cable could post a better draft resume than an NFL franchise who spends God knows what on scouting. "There is always next year" - There is always next year, but that only means losing. I cannot even get excited for this team anymore. the turd simply cannot be polished anymore. I have seen enough of the terrible drafts and terrible FA aquisitions creating terrible rosters coached by terrible coaches paid by a terrible organization owned by a terrible owner. Buffalo and WNY is a great place, the team doesnt deserve this city/area. Lets get a real team here for once.

I am not buying into this "proven HC" thing. We need the right coach.

I bet you all enjoyed watching NE get their sh*t pushed in by Baltimore - well that could be us. Johns brother Jim is sitting out in Stanford waiting for an NFL job to come along. IMO Jim is a better ball coach than John. That Ravens team you saw play today, that could be our Bills in a season or two. Its as easy as that. Just hire Jim Harbaugh. But the sad part is, it wont be. We will bring in another joke of a coach, retain our joke scouting department, and add a couple more joke FAs and draft picks. Thats the truth of it. This team is a joke, and bad joke. There is no logical reason to think any differently. My blind admiration for this team has been used up. I just dont have it anymore. I am now purely logical in my fanhood, which is an awful thing for this putrid franchise.

right on--id love to get a harbaugh coaching here

Why dont you and the other fans in Buffalo commit to spending more for tickets and luxury boxes, so the the Bills will have more money to spend to attract formidable players and coaches?

Dear Buffalo Bills and Bills Fans Worldwide:

(forgive me if this is a bit long)

I've been watching the Bills since I was 9 years old back in 1988. I have followed them through thick and thin. I can honestly say that if the Bills hire Leslie Frazier or another up and comming coordinator to be the head coach instead of doing whatever it takes to get a proven leader in here, than I am done with this organization. You will have to prove to me that this team is worth MY TIME instead of the other way around.

I do not take this decision lightly, nor do I go off spouting idle threats or feeling sorry for myself or other fans. This decision is based in common sense and logic. It has been a long time dream of mine to watch the Bills win a Superbowl standing next to my father as we celebrate together. But the older he gets, and this franchise becomes more of a joke, the time invested seems like a complete waste. The older I get, and more responsibilities I take on, I find myself having less and less time to commit to passions of my youth. All of my time has become a premium that must be divided among my family, firends, work, clients, and just living life. The older I get and more responsibilities I have as a husband, a son, a future father, and a business owner leaves me less and less time everyday for personal activiites like watching the Bills. The fact that my free time is decreasing everyday, every minute becomes more and more important and I have less and less of it to waste on an organization that is not commited to their fans.

The fact that this organization has lost for years is not what really depresses me, the idea that this team has become a joke, and the management will cease to do anything to correct it is what really concerns me. It should be TRAVESTY to this organization that qualified coaches are not jumping at that chance to captain this ship. The idea that the front office has bought into the idea that being the head coach of the Buffalo Bills is a second rate job is not only stunning and dissapointing, but also unbelievably disrespectful to the fans and the enitre region of Western New York.

This organization has shown zero commitment to make this franchise better for the people who have dedicated enormous amounts of their time, energy and money to it. This organization hired an inside candidate to take the GM position without even looking outside the organization, when the enitre NFL universe knows that the entire organization is completely dysfunctional, full of "yes men" and incompentant. This organization has ruined and injured countless promising players and ended careers prematurly due to the desire to not pay for competent help when players have been injured, thus leaving the players they actually do care about exposed to depending on teammates who are not skilled enough to proetect them. This organization has let pride and ego get in the way of winning, running some of the best football minds in the business out the door over petty arguements and personal vendettas. This organization has managed to turn what used to be one of the best blue collar franchises in American Sports history into a depressed joke of franchise that has become a punch line waiting to be put out of it's misery.

Medicority is not tollerated in my business, or in my life, and will not be tolerated by the franchises I chose to spend my very valuable time and money on. This is it Bills, start making some serious moves to make this organization better or start losing fans.

I encourage all Bills fans to hear this letter and demand today that the Bills truly commit to becoming a winning organization that we can be proud of. It is D-DAY in Bills Nation and the organization needs to hear our plea. Get to fixing these problems or dare I say it......... get the hell out of Wetsern New York and let us get on with our lives

I encourage all Bills fans to hear this letter and demand today that the Bills truly commit to becoming a winning organization that we can be proud of. It is D-DAY in Bills Nation and the organization needs to hear our plea. Get to fixing these problems or dare I say it......... get the hell out of Wetsern New York and let us get on with our lives

Goodbye.

I've been watching the Bills since I was 9 years old back in 1988. I have followed them through thick and thin. I can honestly say that if the Bills hire Leslie Frazier or another up and comming coordinator to be the head coach instead of doing whatever it takes to get a proven leader in here, than I am done with this organization. You will have to prove to me that this team is worth MY TIME instead of the other way around.

I do not take this decision lightly, nor do I go off spouting idle threats or feeling sorry for myself or other fans. This decision is based in common sense and logic. It has been a long time dream of mine to watch the Bills win a Superbowl standing next to my father as we celebrate together. But the older he gets, and this franchise becomes more of a joke, the time invested seems like a complete waste. The older I get, and more responsibilities I take on, I find myself having less and less time to commit to passions of my youth. All of my time has become a premium that must be divided among my family, firends, work, clients, and just living life. The older I get and more responsibilities I have as a husband, a son, a future father, and a business owner leaves me less and less time everyday for personal activiites like watching the Bills. The fact that my free time is decreasing everyday, every minute becomes more and more important and I have less and less of it to waste on an organization that is not commited to their fans.

The fact that this organization has lost for years is not what really depresses me, the idea that this team has become a joke, and the management will cease to do anything to correct it is what really concerns me. It should be TRAVESTY to this organization that qualified coaches are not jumping at that chance to captain this ship. The idea that the front office has bought into the idea that being the head coach of the Buffalo Bills is a second rate job is not only stunning and dissapointing, but also unbelievably disrespectful to the fans and the enitre region of Western New York.

This organization has shown zero commitment to make this franchise better for the people who have dedicated enormous amounts of their time, energy and money to it. This organization hired an inside candidate to take the GM position without even looking outside the organization, when the enitre NFL universe knows that the entire organization is completely dysfunctional, full of "yes men" and incompentant. This organization has ruined and injured countless promising players and ended careers prematurly due to the desire to not pay for competent help when players have been injured, thus leaving the players they actually do care about exposed to depending on teammates who are not skilled enough to proetect them. This organization has let pride and ego get in the way of winning, running some of the best football minds in the business out the door over petty arguements and personal vendettas. This organization has managed to turn what used to be one of the best blue collar franchises in American Sports history into a depressed joke of franchise that has become a punch line waiting to be put out of it's misery.

Medicority is not tollerated in my business, or in my life, and will not be tolerated by the franchises I chose to spend my very valuable time and money on. This is it Bills, start making some serious moves to make this organization better or start losing fans.

Giving up is not the answer. It could be a lot worse meaning the Buffalo Bills are still in Buffalo. I agree it has been painful at times this past decade but we have no where to go but up.

"This organization has ruined and injured countless promising players and ended careers prematurly due to the desire to not pay for competent help when players have been injured, thus leaving the players they actually do care about exposed to depending on teammates who are not skilled enough to proetect them."

this has to be one of the most thoughtless posts I have ever read. You have absolutely no clue.

Rather than rebutting this with facts, which would be a waste of time with you, I'll just add you to my ignore list.

Buh bye.

How about the fact that they would not pay for quality offensive linemen or linebackers which caused guys to play out of position. Do you really think it is dumb luck that we have so many injured players every year. They get hurt because they are ill preparred and are put in bad istuations by the team.

Very well written OP.

I feel the same way you do, basically.

I am tired of wasting my 3.5 hours every sunday. Its like watching the same movie over and over, but you already know how its going to end.

And how long has it been since any Bills fan had this thought before a game: "Man, we are gonna kick their ASS!" Or when was the last time we had any unit, offense or defense, that DICTATED to other teams, and kept opposing coordinators up at night.

Do not lower your standards, Bills fans. I think you guys have generally started to slip in your expectations. Patriots fans are angry that in the last 6 years they have Won superbowl, lost superbowl, lost conference final, lost divisional round, lost wildcard round, and missed playoffs (like hitting for the cycle - all 6 possible ends in 6 years).

But we have missed playoffs all 6 years, and fans are like "yeah, maybe next year. who should we draft? Lets make 3,245 posts about that topic).

I think OP is saying this Bills team has splashed cold water on his face, and he's waking up. I'm awake too.

Disco:

Wow good post. Let me be clear. I do not want the Bills to leave, and I do not want to stop being a fan. As I have said before I will never stop being a fan. But we need to demand more from this team and organization. I am a realist. When I see something that is wrong I try and deal with it. If we just blindly follow and breed medicority...That is exactly what we will get.

The fact is if the Bills front office continues to faulter, they will end up somewhere else, probably Toronto. If we do not call them on their dysfunction, than all we are doing is enabling them. We are part of the problem.

I equate it to having a sibling who is on Drugs. If you stop letting them load up in your home do you love them any less?

I hear what you're saying, I'm just not sure I understand that breaking point being Frazier(or other coordinator.) Particularly given what appears to be a real effort in getting Cowher or Shanahan. I am actually impressed that Ralph is doing what he can to try and lure one in one of the big fish. As much as well all wish it wasn't, it really is a hard sell.

According to your letter, Grimm/Frazier/Garrett/Schott would all be grounds for you taking off. Assuming Cowher simply isn't interested, who is it you would then find acceptable?

Don't let the screen door hit you where the good lord split you.

Why dont you and the other fans in Buffalo commit to spending more for tickets and luxury boxes, so the the Bills will have more money to spend to attract formidable players and coaches?

The issue is not revenue. The issue is even when we try to overpay for players and coaches...They still don't want to come to Buffalo. Why? Because the franchise has no direction and no real leadership. That is the big problem. As I said, I can deal with losing. I have a real problem with a team that refuses to take steps to give back to their fans.

Good question. Yes I sent a letter this morning after very carefully considering it...you guys get to see the condenced quickly written version! Not trying to whine, just fed up.

I, for one, appreciate your frustration.

Don't listen to the"fans" who think you have to support mediocrity and incompetence.

What they call whining- I call caring.