Dear Mr. Wilson, I Am Done With The Bills.

tonyd19

I hear what you're saying, I'm just not sure I understand that breaking point being Frazier(or other coordinator.) Particularly given what appears to be a real effort in getting Cowher or Shanahan. I am actually impressed that Ralph is doing what he can to try and lure one in one of the big fish. As much as well all wish it wasn't, it really is a hard sell.

According to your letter, Grimm/Frazier/Garrett/Schott would all be grounds for you taking off. Assuming Cowher simply isn't interested, who is it you would then find acceptable?

My built up anger is directed at the fact the the team seems just fine with being second rate. The fact that Cowher does not want to coach here and Shannahan did not want to come here should speak volumes about how badly this team is perceived. Think about it. How bad does a job have to be if you can't give someone enough money to take it. "Name your price Bill....you want ownership of the team, you got it" Bill "No thanks" That is bad;. Really, really bad.

Personally, I think Frazier might be a good coach, the same for the rest of the coordinators. They may do a better job than Cowher would. I am certainly no expert on NFL coaches.

But what I do know is that a coordinator will absolutely not command the respect of free agents and the front office like a superbowl winning head coach would. Ther is no way that a person who has not been there and done it before, can. It is impossible.

My top choice for HC if Cowher doesn't want it would be Billick. As I said, maybe he would not be as good as some of the others, maybe he would be better. But I do know he would bring some legitimacy to the organization. And that is what we really need right now. We need that more than we need a winning season or a playoff appearance.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very well written OP.

I feel the same way you do, basically.

I am tired of wasting my 3.5 hours every sunday. Its like watching the same movie over and over, but you already know how its going to end.

And how long has it been since any Bills fan had this thought before a game: "Man, we are gonna kick their ASS!" Or when was the last time we had any unit, offense or defense, that DICTATED to other teams, and kept opposing coordinators up at night.

Do not lower your standards, Bills fans. I think you guys have generally started to slip in your expectations. Patriots fans are angry that in the last 6 years they have Won superbowl, lost superbowl, lost conference final, lost divisional round, lost wildcard round, and missed playoffs (like hitting for the cycle - all 6 possible ends in 6 years).

But we have missed playoffs all 6 years, and fans are like "yeah, maybe next year. who should we draft? Lets make 3,245 posts about that topic).

I think OP is saying this Bills team has splashed cold water on his face, and he's waking up. I'm awake too.

+11111111

Dear Buffalo Bills and Bills Fans Worldwide:

(forgive me if this is a bit long)

I've been watching the Bills since I was 9 years old back in 1988. I have followed them through thick and thin. I can honestly say that if the Bills hire Leslie Frazier or another up and comming coordinator to be the head coach instead of doing whatever it takes to get a proven leader in here, than I am done with this organization. You will have to prove to me that this team is worth MY TIME instead of the other way around.

I do not take this decision lightly, nor do I go off spouting idle threats or feeling sorry for myself or other fans. This decision is based in common sense and logic. It has been a long time dream of mine to watch the Bills win a Superbowl standing next to my father as we celebrate together. But the older he gets, and this franchise becomes more of a joke, the time invested seems like a complete waste. The older I get, and more responsibilities I take on, I find myself having less and less time to commit to passions of my youth. All of my time has become a premium that must be divided among my family, firends, work, clients, and just living life. The older I get and more responsibilities I have as a husband, a son, a future father, and a business owner leaves me less and less time everyday for personal activiites like watching the Bills. The fact that my free time is decreasing everyday, every minute becomes more and more important and I have less and less of it to waste on an organization that is not commited to their fans.

The fact that this organization has lost for years is not what really depresses me, the idea that this team has become a joke, and the management will cease to do anything to correct it is what really concerns me. It should be TRAVESTY to this organization that qualified coaches are not jumping at that chance to captain this ship. The idea that the front office has bought into the idea that being the head coach of the Buffalo Bills is a second rate job is not only stunning and dissapointing, but also unbelievably disrespectful to the fans and the enitre region of Western New York.

This organization has shown zero commitment to make this franchise better for the people who have dedicated enormous amounts of their time, energy and money to it. This organization hired an inside candidate to take the GM position without even looking outside the organization, when the enitre NFL universe knows that the entire organization is completely dysfunctional, full of "yes men" and incompentant. This organization has ruined and injured countless promising players and ended careers prematurly due to the desire to not pay for competent help when players have been injured, thus leaving the players they actually do care about exposed to depending on teammates who are not skilled enough to proetect them. This organization has let pride and ego get in the way of winning, running some of the best football minds in the business out the door over petty arguements and personal vendettas. This organization has managed to turn what used to be one of the best blue collar franchises in American Sports history into a depressed joke of franchise that has become a punch line waiting to be put out of it's misery.

Medicority is not tollerated in my business, or in my life, and will not be tolerated by the franchises I chose to spend my very valuable time and money on. This is it Bills, start making some serious moves to make this organization better or start losing fans.

I encourage all Bills fans to hear this letter and demand today that the Bills truly commit to becoming a winning organization that we can be proud of. It is D-DAY in Bills Nation and the organization needs to hear our plea. Get to fixing these problems or dare I say it......... get the hell out of Wetsern New York and let us get on with our lives

I BILL-ieve that Mr. Wilson wants a winner just as much as we do! Come to think of it he has been doing this longer that any of us. None of us with families and work really have time to spend quality time with families. Don't use the Bills as an excuse "BRO"! Life is a juggling act! I make time to watch the Bills every Sunday by making sure I spend time with family during the week and off season. I don't see Mr. Ralph holding a gun to your head. We're all "Bummed" and depressed about the season but we are not going to jump off any bridges anytime soon. If you need a "HUG" go see your Dad! Maybe he can explain it to you!!

In the mean time I await the announcement of the new HeadCoach. Hopefully we will like the choice. If not He and the Bills will continue to have my support. I grew up in Western NY since I was 1 year old. Left for the Military when I was 18 and now reside in California around the Silver and Black. God I hate them all!! If your so tired of the Bills maybe you can become a Raider Fan!!

Dear Buffalo Bills and Bills Fans Worldwide:

(forgive me if this is a bit long)

I've been watching the Bills since I was 9 years old back in 1988. I have followed them through thick and thin. I can honestly say that if the Bills hire Leslie Frazier or another up and comming coordinator to be the head coach instead of doing whatever it takes to get a proven leader in here, than I am done with this organization. You will have to prove to me that this team is worth MY TIME instead of the other way around.

I do not take this decision lightly, nor do I go off spouting idle threats or feeling sorry for myself or other fans. This decision is based in common sense and logic. It has been a long time dream of mine to watch the Bills win a Superbowl standing next to my father as we celebrate together. But the older he gets, and this franchise becomes more of a joke, the time invested seems like a complete waste. The older I get, and more responsibilities I take on, I find myself having less and less time to commit to passions of my youth. All of my time has become a premium that must be divided among my family, firends, work, clients, and just living life. The older I get and more responsibilities I have as a husband, a son, a future father, and a business owner leaves me less and less time everyday for personal activiites like watching the Bills. The fact that my free time is decreasing everyday, every minute becomes more and more important and I have less and less of it to waste on an organization that is not commited to their fans.

The fact that this organization has lost for years is not what really depresses me, the idea that this team has become a joke, and the management will cease to do anything to correct it is what really concerns me. It should be TRAVESTY to this organization that qualified coaches are not jumping at that chance to captain this ship. The idea that the front office has bought into the idea that being the head coach of the Buffalo Bills is a second rate job is not only stunning and dissapointing, but also unbelievably disrespectful to the fans and the enitre region of Western New York.

This organization has shown zero commitment to make this franchise better for the people who have dedicated enormous amounts of their time, energy and money to it. This organization hired an inside candidate to take the GM position without even looking outside the organization, when the enitre NFL universe knows that the entire organization is completely dysfunctional, full of "yes men" and incompentant. This organization has ruined and injured countless promising players and ended careers prematurly due to the desire to not pay for competent help when players have been injured, thus leaving the players they actually do care about exposed to depending on teammates who are not skilled enough to proetect them. This organization has let pride and ego get in the way of winning, running some of the best football minds in the business out the door over petty arguements and personal vendettas. This organization has managed to turn what used to be one of the best blue collar franchises in American Sports history into a depressed joke of franchise that has become a punch line waiting to be put out of it's misery.

Medicority is not tollerated in my business, or in my life, and will not be tolerated by the franchises I chose to spend my very valuable time and money on. This is it Bills, start making some serious moves to make this organization better or start losing fans.

I encourage all Bills fans to hear this letter and demand today that the Bills truly commit to becoming a winning organization that we can be proud of. It is D-DAY in Bills Nation and the organization needs to hear our plea. Get to fixing these problems or dare I say it......... get the hell out of Wetsern New York and let us get on with our lives

I feel your pain... and can understand why and how you feel, its up to you but I suggest you ignore the negative comments others leave because most are not giving any empathy.

most Bills fans should and probably do care a lot about The Bills misfortunes and want to see them make the changes that are needed to be a perennial playoff contender every year. They should be doing that if they want to be a successful franchise. Why except being marginal every year?. it is not acceptable to fans and it looks like they are trying to turn the corner..

I believe last years draft was the turning point, the franchise is doing all they can with baby steps. The Bills may not get the coach they want, but at least they are doing the right thing with personell by building through the draft instead of overpaying more than they already have too for free agents that dont fit them, Go Bills!!

PS:

I agree with you and feel Billick should be the next option after Cowher as an A-list coach they should consider, unfortunatley it looks like Nix or somebody else itsnt so high on him at this point, but for us fans, we can only hope for the best :flirt:.

Are you Ralph's son?

God forbid someone should express their opinion and frustration on a message board.

Umm no Ralph doesn't have a son. :flirt: Express an opinion or calling attention to one's self? There are plenty of these types of posts all over BB.com everyday. It's people who think it will really hurt the franchise by announcing "They are Leaving." It makes them feel important. It's not important and it's a bad argument. Nobody cares! You can stay or go. We all know the problems facing this team. Calling attention to yourself makes you look foolish. I've been a fan 40 years and nobody is going to care if I give up. I don't. I won't...and the minute they start winning you guys will jump right back on the wagon so spare me. Spare us.

how quickly people forget the anger from after the 2008 season when Ralphie retained Jauron.

How could anyone???? that was ridiculous to offer an extension after only 6 games into the season, (that should be saved for after a full evaluation at the end of the season). Not that i am a fan of the NY Knicks, but they did the same dubious thing with Isiah Thomas and that did them no good.. :flirt:

you just have to learn from mistakes and hope you learn from them for the future and not do the same BS again

Umm no Ralph doesn't have a son. :flirt: Express an opinion or calling attention to one's self? There are plenty of these types of posts all over BB.com everyday. It's people who think it will really hurt the franchise by announcing "They are Leaving." It makes them feel important. It's not important and it's a bad argument. Nobody cares! You can stay or go. We all know the problems facing this team. Calling attention to yourself makes you look foolish. I've been a fan 40 years and nobody is going to care if I give up. I don't. I won't...and the minute they start winning you guys will jump right back on the wagon so spare me. Spare us.

YUP, unfortunatley no one does about an individuals "rant".. However the argument is understood.

I BILL-ieve that Mr. Wilson wants a winner just as much as we do! Come to think of it he has been doing this longer that any of us. None of us with families and work really have time to spend quality time with families. Don't use the Bills as an excuse "BRO"! Life is a juggling act! I make time to watch the Bills every Sunday by making sure I spend time with family during the week and off season. I don't see Mr. Ralph holding a gun to your head. We're all "Bummed" and depressed about the season but we are not going to jump off any bridges anytime soon. If you need a "HUG" go see your Dad! Maybe he can explain it to you!!

In the mean time I await the announcement of the new HeadCoach. Hopefully we will like the choice. If not He and the Bills will continue to have my support. I grew up in Western NY since I was 1 year old. Left for the Military when I was 18 and now reside in California around the Silver and Black. God I hate them all!! If your so tired of the Bills maybe you can become a Raider Fan!!

+1

But I don't get why you have so many words in "quotes", especially "HUG".

I appreciate your response.

First. Regarding my father. I get up at 4 am every Sunday and drive 3 hours to go and see him and my mother, I leave there around 7 pm and drive 3 hours back every night so I can start work the next day. Usually the time we spend is watching Bills games. I don't consider one second I spend with him a waste of time. But I do think the Bills owe him some happiness for a lifetime of service.

Secondly, I guess I can apologize for not being born 30 years ealier, but I can say I have my scars too. Maybe not as seasoned, but I think 22 years is long enough to be considered a grizzled vet. I have put my time in.

Third. I think it is awesome you have worn Bills gear in 35 countries and thank you for your service as an intelligence officer.

Forth. The media does like making Buffalo a joke, but the franchise has not helped this cause and a lot of it is their own fault.

Fifth. As I have already stated if I stop watching the Bills I will cease to watch any NFL team. As it is now I don't watch any NFL game that does not somehow affect tghe Bills. For example I have seen roughly 2 minutes of football this weekend. Why??? Because if the Bills are not playing I don't care.

Tony - It was my privilege to serve this country and you are welcome. The Bills have gone through periods of sad play and bad management before and it will come again – this too will pass – have faith – our time is coming soon to grab the NFL spotlight for our run.

He was 9 in 1988!!!! Dude is 30-31 years old!! You can't add. Now that explains a lot.

not sure i get this one - but try and follow me a bit:

if someone is 9 yrs old in 1988 - well let's see

1988 to 2010 is 22 yrs, ADD to that 9 yrs, and the result is hmmmmm well 31

who has a problem in mathematics?

true, they dont really do any good.. it's just a way to voice your opinions that dont do much accept make your self feel better and stimulate conversation.

You got it right but not the latter. They don't do any good. There are better ways of stimulating conversation. They are not articulate in any way, shape or form. I think started off the threads that have been on this board for 8 years now saying "I'm leaving" does nothing but make the poster a fool because the same idiot who rights that is the first one jumping on the wagon when it changes. The points have been wrote before and will be wrote after. Not saying he can't whine, piss, and moan but save the "I'm leaving" stuff for the kids board.

You got it right on the latter. They don't do any good. There are better ways of stimulating conversation. They are not articulate in any way, shape or form. I think started off the threads that have been on this board for 8 years now saying "I'm leaving" does nothing but make the poster a fool because the same idiot who rights that is the first one jumping on the wagon when it changes. The points have been wrote before and will be wrote after. Not saying he can't whine, piss, and moan but save the "I'm leaving" stuff for the kids board.

I thought everyone should know, but I am leaving, but going to bed, b/c i know everyone will miss me, lol :flirt: jk