Dear Mr. Wilson, I Am Done With The Bills.

tonyd19

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude how old are you? Ok bro I'm like 6'4 and 280 and I work out all the time so I can kick your ass!!!! Grow up man. By the way the post is about showing a commitment to the fans. Hiring a coordinator hardly does that...would you disagree?

Warning: another internet tough guy.

BTW, ESPN and NFL.com just report that Wilson decides to only hire coaches with HC experience to make tonyd19 happy because everyone gives a damn about tonyd19 being a Bills fan or not. :flirt:

I don't know if I'm a "hater" but I'll answer ...

Part of being a Bills fan is about regionalism for me. It's like rooting for the US Hockey team in a few weeks. Would I wear a Team USA jersey ... in a heartbeat. What if they stocked the team with rejects from a Tim Bits hockey team? Absolutely! If they hired the Butcher to coach 'em? I'd be frustrated, but they are still my team because I am an American ... maybe a little hokey, but that is the truth. I'm from Buffalo. I root for the Bills & Sabres, good, bad or terrible. They make bad decisions ... I hate it, but they are still my team.

BTW ... Amherst is not the only nice place in metro Buffalo ... plenty of good in the Southtowns, too.

Dude I love Buffalo and the entire area. My entire family is from Lackawanna. And I get your point.And Buffalo will always be my football team. I could not back any other franchise ever. But they owe us, and we need to start letting them know that this is not acceptable.

Exactly. Western New York deserves better. We all deserve better. Let me ask all you haters out there. What if this team goes through three more sh*tty head coaches in the next 7 years? Never finishes above .500, continues to not spend money, raises ticket prices, players we develop continue to resign and shine somewhere else, and the team is a weekly punchline on ESPN???? Will you still follow blindly? I mean when is enough enough?

our last head coach had experience...for all we know, Frazier (if he's the choice) could be the next John Harbaugh or Mike Smith

We've been spending money...Dockery and Walker got some fat contracts...and as far as coaches, Jauron was about the 10th highest paid coach in the NFL this season at $3.5M per year

players leaving...some had to, like Clements and Peters, others...were the result of stupidity on the part of Donahoe and Jauron. Nix has said he wants to get players in here to develop and keep..unless you wanna call him a liar.

Warning: another internet tough guy.

BTW, ESPN and NFL.com just report that Wilson decides to only hire coaches with HC experience to make tonyd19 happy because everyone gives a damn about tonyd19 being a Bills fan or not. :flirt:

I guess sarcasm is a lost art on you huh? The second part is pretty funny though.

Dude I love Buffalo and the entire area. My entire family is from Lackawanna. And I get your point.And Buffalo will always be my football team. I could not back any other franchise ever. But they owe us, and we need to start letting them know that this is not acceptable.

we sucked em back in.....ok folks, break it up, nothin to see here, go on home......

Dear Buffalo Bills and Bills Fans Worldwide:

(forgive me if this is a bit long)

#1: I've been watching the Bills since I was 9 years old back in 1988. #2: I have followed them through thick and thin. I can honestly say that if the Bills hire Leslie Frazier or another up and comming coordinator to be the head coach instead of doing whatever it takes to get a proven leader in here, than I am done with this organization. You will have to prove to me that this team is worth MY TIME instead of the other way around.

I do not take this decision lightly, nor do I go off spouting idle threats or feeling sorry for myself or other fans. This decision is based in common sense and logic. #3: It has been a long time dream of mine to watch the Bills win a Superbowl standing next to my father as we celebrate together. #4: But the older he gets, and this franchise becomes more of a joke, the time invested seems like a complete waste. The older I get, and more responsibilities I take on, I find myself having less and less time to commit to passions of my youth. All of my time has become a premium that must be divided among my family, firends, work, clients, and just living life. The older I get and more responsibilities I have as a husband, a son, a future father, and a business owner leaves me less and less time everyday for personal activiites like watching the Bills. The fact that my free time is decreasing everyday, every minute becomes more and more important and I have less and less of it to waste on an organization that is not commited to their fans.

The fact that this organization has lost for years is not what really depresses me, the idea that this team has become a joke, and the management will cease to do anything to correct it is what really concerns me. It should be TRAVESTY to this organization that qualified coaches are not jumping at that chance to captain this ship. #5: The idea that the front office has bought into the idea that being the head coach of the Buffalo Bills is a second rate job is not only stunning and dissapointing, but also unbelievably disrespectful to the fans and the enitre region of Western New York.

This organization has shown zero commitment to make this franchise better for the people who have dedicated enormous amounts of their time, energy and money to it. This organization hired an inside candidate to take the GM position without even looking outside the organization, when the enitre NFL universe knows that the entire organization is completely dysfunctional, full of "yes men" and incompentant. This organization has ruined and injured countless promising players and ended careers prematurly due to the desire to not pay for competent help when players have been injured, thus leaving the players they actually do care about exposed to depending on teammates who are not skilled enough to proetect them. This organization has let pride and ego get in the way of winning, running some of the best football minds in the business out the door over petty arguements and personal vendettas. This organization has managed to turn what used to be one of the best blue collar franchises in American Sports history into a depressed joke of franchise that has become a punch line waiting to be put out of it's misery.

#6: Medicority is not tollerated in my business, or in my life, and will not be tolerated by the franchises I chose to spend my very valuable time and money on. This is it Bills, start making some serious moves to make this organization better or start losing fans.

I encourage all Bills fans to hear this letter and demand today that the Bills truly commit to becoming a winning organization that we can be proud of. It is D-DAY in Bills Nation and the organization needs to hear our plea. Get to fixing these problems or dare I say it......... #7: get the hell out of Wetsern New York and let us get on with our lives

I would like to put a couple thing in perspective for you -

#1: When the world was young, as a kid I was at the rock-pike watching Kemp throw to Dubi - put your time in!

#2: I have worn Bills clothes in over 35 countries (retired intelligence officer), through the 2-12 seasons and all.

#3: See #1.

#4: When you started in 1988, that was the year my dad passed on, I still miss him dearly and wish he were here to watch a game with. It is not a waste of time being with him - win or lose - it just isnt!

#5: Not the front office - the national media has done this - and will continue to do so because in our sick media driven society it is always easier to get a laugh as someone else's expense than to do real work.

#6: This leads me to think then, that you would have to choose a different team's bandwagon to get on - on a cyclic basis - as that is how it goes in the NFL - winning periods, mediocity, and just bad - and eventually it rotates to just about every team that way.

#7: Perhaps this is advice you should take yourself - think about it.

our last head coach had experience...for all we know, Frazier (if he's the choice) could be the next John Harbaugh or Mike Smith

We've been spending money...Dockery and Walker got some fat contracts...and as far as coaches, Jauron was about the 10th highest paid coach in the NFL this season at $3.5M per year

players leaving...some had to, like Clements and Peters, others...were the result of stupidity on the part of Donahoe and Jauron. Nix has said he wants to get players in here to develop and keep..unless you wanna call him a liar.

Our last head coach was brought in because he was the cheapest experienced coach we could find.

The fact that Dockery and Walker got those contract just shows the incompetency of the front office.

I agree about Clements and Peters....And I am hopeful for Nix. But the way he was hired was horrible. just more of the same bad judgements.

This organization is fresh out of perspective and it is our duty as fans to help give them some. If you just blindly follow whatever they do and cheer no matter what, you are art of the problem.

See Tom Brady today "I would boo us too, the way we played" Compare that to Trent Edwards "I'm not a Bills fans" There is the difference.

I don't know who will make a great coach either, but I do know they need to re establish some credibility in order to attract talented players and personel. And they are not going to do that with another unproven hire.

players notice that coaches like Mike Smith and John Harbaugh are successful.

Let's say we get Frazier...there's a lot of players in the league that like and respect him as a coach...that's a selling point to them

as far as proven, the only 2 with SB rings are Cowher and Billick. Cowher's looking like a longshot and for whatever reason, Nix doesn't seem to want Billick. Maybe he knows him and doesn't think they'd be able to work together....and if your GM and head coach aren't on the same page, you're guaranteed to fail

people who quote someones entire post are annoying.

anyway. if you don't want to be a bills fan anymore, keep it to yourself. no one is going all jerry maguire and following you out that door.

good riddance, i'm too bitter and too awesome to deal with wishy washy sports fans.

Tony

you have a valid point and I for one share those exact thoughts and feelings. It is only a matter of time before that idiot Quinn running the Sabres will try and do the same thing.

umm, your avatar is a copyright infringement, that i have duly registered way before you with the proper authorities at TBD ...any and all unauthorized use without the express written permission of papazoid is strictly forbidden.

I get the frustration tonyd. I think part of the problem is in 1988 you saw the NFL as a hobby. It was fun. I think every year it becomes more obvious it's just a business - and it can be difficult to stand behind one that has bad practices. The only voice we have is really with money spent on the team, however they have an advantage of deep loyalty and can get away with seemingly endless mistakes without consequence. Record season ticket sales last year proving that point.

It's also a problem with the league in general. The league seems to be shifting power to the haves rather than have-nots, with the rumored removal of revenue sharing occurring in an upcoming vote.

Moving the team away from Buffalo is certainly not a solution. If you think the pain and disappointment felt by fans posted here after a losing game is bad...try comparing that to removing the team all together. That really doesn't make any sense.

The other problem is you've focused on a coaching search that you can't possibly know the full details of. It appears that Ralph is actually pursuing the biggest names he can attract. He met with Shanahan. He's obviously met with Cowher. That's more than I can recall in prior searches. If he tries and they rebuff, it's not fair to hold it against him. He did, at minimum, hire a GM that is a football guy with a top flight draft/personnel record. That's a step in the right direction. The great memories you had in the 90's was a result of fantastic drafting - as is San Diego's current team that Nix was pivotal in building.

You really are free to leave at any time - and would make sense given that the Bills have not been able to keep up with the 31 franchises around them. However, the other posters are correct. If you are able to do so, you simply are not the level of Bills fans of those of us who aren't able to, no matter how frustrating it can get. The efforts of billboards, for example, might seem silly - but it's what fans realize they can do when they know walking away isn't an option. By taking the time to write a letter of that length I would suspect you really can't either. Fans could probably get behind some type of letter writing campaign as well, though not in the manner of what you've drafted so far.

That would be Jim Harbaugh

Buddy, if you know how to work the internet machine I hope you have you reading glasses on..... Jim Harbaugh please

I would like to put a couple thing in perspective for you -

#1: When the world was young, as a kid I was at the rock-pike watching Kemp throw to Dubi - put your time in!

#2: I have worn Bills clothes in over 35 countries (retired intelligence officer), through the 2-12 seasons and all.

#3: See #1.

#4: When you started in 1988, that was the year my dad passed on, I still miss him dearly and wish he were here to watch a game with. It is not a waste of time being with him - win or lose - it just isnt!

#5: Not the front office - the national media has done this - and will continue to do so because in our sick media driven society it is always easier to get a laugh as someone else's expense than to do real work.

#6: This leads me to think then, that you would have to choose a different team's bandwagon to get on - on a cyclic basis - as that is how it goes in the NFL - winning periods, mediocity, and just bad - and eventually it rotates to just about every team that way.

#7: Perhaps this is advice you should take yourself - think about it.

I appreciate your response.

First. Regarding my father. I get up at 4 am every Sunday and drive 3 hours to go and see him and my mother, I leave there around 7 pm and drive 3 hours back every night so I can start work the next day. Usually the time we spend is watching Bills games. I don't consider one second I spend with him a waste of time. But I do think the Bills owe him some happiness for a lifetime of service.

Secondly, I guess I can apologize for not being born 30 years ealier, but I can say I have my scars too. Maybe not as seasoned, but I think 22 years is long enough to be considered a grizzled vet. I have put my time in.

Third. I think it is awesome you have worn Bills gear in 35 countries and thank you for your service as an intelligence officer.

Forth. The media does like making Buffalo a joke, but the franchise has not helped this cause and a lot of it is their own fault.

Fifth. As I have already stated if I stop watching the Bills I will cease to watch any NFL team. As it is now I don't watch any NFL game that does not somehow affect tghe Bills. For example I have seen roughly 2 minutes of football this weekend. Why??? Because if the Bills are not playing I don't care.

That would be Jim Harbaugh

Buddy, if you know how to work the internet machine I hope you have you reading glasses on..... Jim Harbaugh please

Mind telling me the name of the head coach of the Ravens? Because like in the case of Mike Smith, I'm talking about an NFL Coach in his 2nd year with no previous NFL head coaching experience

Here..to help you out a little

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/People/Coac...n_Harbaugh.aspx