OT - Ron Artest Will Not Play this year

EZC-Boston

call security and have him thrown out, as most level headed, sensible people would

127832[/snapback]

I would pull out a gun and kill him.

Sure, I might go to jail if they didn't buy the whole "he started it by throwing coffee at me" line but at least that's better than having to worry about someone thinking I'm a kitty.

My family would understand.

:(

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tater,

so do most people. Artest reacted strongly but I'm not going to say he was wrong because he wasn't. The guy stood up for himself. Stern was the one in the wrong.

What kind of message does this send to the fans? Throw things at the players and get the players to come in to the crowd and they will get suspended for the rest of the season.

This is only going to help the Pistons b/c the Pacers are now without three players for a lot of the regular season because of what the fans of the Pistons started.

127869[/snapback]

how did he stand up for himself? he was hit with a plastic cup....i have been hit with so many things at Bills games that I cannot count....does this casue me to fly off the handle and start throwing haymakers in the direction that it came from? NO...because I am sane, not insane like Artest...yes I get pissed, then, I realize that, it is not worth it..

Yeah, and just like the guys who beat the crap out of the first base coach for the Royals they'll get some petty anty slap on the wrist and then nothing.

Artest loses a year of pay and public humiliation while these clowns will get nothing.

Sure, I might go to jail if they didn't buy the whole "he started it by throwing coffee at me" line but at least that's better than having to worry about someone thinking I'm a kitty.

127879[/snapback]

kept your rep...that is all that matters

127879[/snapback]

Gotta' keep your street cred.

kept your rep...that is all that matters

127886[/snapback]

Was that a threat? You better back off, man. I'm from the street and won't hesitate pop a cap in your ass if you wanna start something.

(And, yes, I talk just as tough to people in real life as I do on the anonymous internet message boards. :( )

Was that a threat?  You better back off, man.  I'm from the street and won't hesitate pop a cap in your ass if you wanna start something.

(And, yes, I talk just as tough to people in real life as I do on the anonymous internet message boards.  :( )

127894[/snapback]

Security

Yeah, and just like the guys who beat the crap out of the first base coach for the Royals they'll get some petty anty slap on the wrist and then nothing.

Artest loses a year of pay and public humiliation while these clowns will get nothing.

127883[/snapback]

Well gant, at least we can agree that the fans should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. Unfortunately, David Stern doesn't have any juresdiction over them (though as tough as he is, it's too bad he doesn't). All Stern can do is punish the players in his league.

The Pacers got screwed, and I am not a Pacer fan or Artest fan in ANY way. There is no reason to go in the stands, but this is the WRONG instance to send a message to the league and the fans because it ruins an entire season for a team. Suspend guys for 10 games or so. This was way out of line, IMO. A player cannot go into the stands under any circumstances but if anything, this encourages bad fan behavior.

The Pacers got screwed, and I am not a Pacer fan or Artest fan in ANY way. There is no reason to go in the stands, but this is the WRONG instance to send a message to the league and the fans because it ruins an entire season for a team. Suspend guys for 10 games or so. This was way out of line, IMO. A player cannot go into the stands under any circumstances but if anything, this encourages bad fan behavior.

127902[/snapback]

Exactly.

Now the Pacers are screwed and more than likely will end up losing a huge amount of money in attendance for both the regular season and probably the postseason.

So, doesn't this in turn end up hurting the entire NBA plus make it a higher risk for this occuring in the future?

That's why I made the statement about killing the fan. If you are a diehard Knicks fan and you know Miami is coming to town why not get a bunch of people to throw things at Shaq so he comes in to the crowd. Even if he doesn't you could possible get a huge guy to run on to the floor and start something. Let's face it. Shaq will probably get suspended if he retaliates and hurt if he doesn't so why not?

That's why I made the statement about killing the fan. If you are a diehard Knicks fan and you know Miami is coming to town why not get a bunch of people to throw things at Shaq so he comes in to the crowd. Even if he doesn't you could possible get a huge guy to run on to the floor and start something. Let's face it. Shaq will probably get suspended if he retaliates and hurt if he doesn't so why not?

127910[/snapback]

Shaq would not go into the crowd, he's not insane like Artest & Co. those guys should be locked up. I seriously question the jugdement of those of you who say Artest did nothing wrong, can we use some common sense people?

Shaq would not go into the crowd, he's not insane like Artest & Co.  those guys should be locked up.  I seriously question the jugdement of those of you who say Artest did nothing wrong, can we use some common sense people?

127952[/snapback]

If Ron Artest was in a bar, and someone threw a drink on him totally unprovoked, and Artest went after him but just shoved him in the face and didnt really assault him, or hurt him, Artest should be locked up? I am not saying he was not wrong, he shouldn't have gone into the stands. But he shouldn't be locked up, that's just crazy. He didn't even hurt anyone, or start it.

Just another case of the NBA trying to make sure the Pacers don't win it.

A !@#$ing joke.

Now that I know it's ok to throw stuff at players at NBA games I will make sure to serenade the Pistons players with beer as they enter Conseco when I go to the rematch.

127971[/snapback]

I wouldn't do it to Rasheed or Derrick Coleman, they're not as whacked as Artest (no one is) but on a bad day, they may jump into the stands too & kick your butt in. :(

I wouldn't do it to Rasheed or Derrick Coleman, they're not as whacked as Artest (no one is) but on a bad day, they may jump into the stands too & kick your butt in. :(

127974[/snapback]

That's fine, I'll just sue the NBA. I mean, this is telling me it's ok to do. We wouldn't want fans to take responsibility for assaulting a player now would we?

I hope the players union files a huge grievance with the league.

Pure bs.