OT - Ron Artest Will Not Play this year

EZC-Boston

Here's what I think.

Artest had all the frickin right to go in the crowd. It's freaking illegal to throw things on the court. It's illegal to go on the court. These people instigated him to come up there after Ben Wallace got ticked and started a fight.

We live in a world where if we retaliate to what people do to us then we get punished.

If someone came to your job and threw a cup of beer on you what would you do?

127813[/snapback]

call security and have him thrown out, as most level headed, sensible people would

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ummmmm, Wallace was actually the one retaliating for the cheap chickenshlt hardfoul Artest had given him in the back with :45 seconds left in a 15pt game.

So Wallace didn't start it, Artest started it when he cheap-shotted Wallace in the back when the game was already over.

-------

Chickenshit foul. Please. Did you watch the entire game? Detroit was all over J O'Neal the entire freaking game.

It's really too bad Artest didn't kill that fatass that was on the court and got in his face. Perhaps then people would keep their stupid ass out of the playing field.

Ummmmm, Wallace was actually the one retaliating for the cheap chickenshlt hardfoul Artest had given him in the back with :45 seconds left in a 15pt game.

So Wallace didn't start it, Artest started it when he cheap-shotted Wallace in the back when the game was already over.

-------

Chickenshit foul. Please. Did you watch the entire game? Detroit was all over J O'Neal the entire freaking game.

It's really too bad Artest didn't kill that fatass that was on the court and got in his face. Perhaps then people would keep their stupid ass out of the playing field.

127836[/snapback]

So by that logic, it's too bad Artest wasn't killed by the fans? Perhaps then players would keep their stupid ass out of the stands.

call security and have him thrown out, as most level headed, sensible people would

----------------

and I'm sure you've ever played in front of 19K people screaming people before right?

Artest did nothing wrong.

127837[/snapback]

and this has to do with the price of which tea in China?

If I were to ask you how many flagrant fouls Artest has been called for in the last two years, your guess wouldn't be anywhere close. Get informed, then post something.

By the way, your signature line was not a quote from Ron Artest. Nice try.

Actually Artest did say that, accoring to the DFW telegram, Nice Try

and I know that Artest missed about 10 games last year due to suspensions, some of them for flagrant fouls.

And I'm sure that since he started in the NBA there can't be more than 1 or 2 other players who have more flagrant fouls than he does, if there are any. Poor Ron.

Yeah, Kgun...because you make assumptions about what I'm saying makes it correct.

Two different paragraphs typically mean two different topics or thoughts in the English language. But, I understand this may be difficult to get your mind around.

----------------

and I'm sure you've ever played in front of 19K people screaming people before right?

Artest did nothing wrong.

127837[/snapback]

you asked what I would do at work...you need to follow along

Call security then kitty.

Typically male in this society. Instead of standing up for themself they call someone else to do it.

Are you getting angry yet?

127847[/snapback]

no but I have a career and family to think about, if someone does something that deserves me to get violent, then it will be on, but until then, i think it is foolish...

Yeah, Kgun...because you make assumptions about what I'm saying makes it correct.

Two different paragraphs typically mean two different topics or thoughts in the English language. But, I understand this may be difficult to get your mind around.

127843[/snapback]

Insults...The last defense in a losing arguement. Your posts don't address the points being made by others. You don't explain how what you say relates to what happened. So go ahead and say that I'm just too stupid to understand your points, because that, after all, makes your case. Enjoy!

--------------------

If you want to join in the conversation feel free. But, don't drop in midstream and make stupid ass comments which don't really say anything at all.

127846[/snapback]

Are you really this stupid or are you just trying to instigate here?

:(

--------------------

If you want to join in the conversation feel free. But, don't drop in midstream and make stupid ass comments which don't really say anything at all.

127846[/snapback]

Stupid to you, meaningful to rational human beings. Perhaps you can explain how being in front of 19 thousand people gives someone the right to break the rules of his profession. Or...you can just fire more insults and profanity.

We live in a world where if we retaliate to what people do to us then we get punished.

If someone came to your job and threw a cup of beer on you what would you do?

You mean if I was walking through the parking lot to my office and some punk kids threw a plastic cup of beer at me from 15 feet away? I might go after him, but I would know that my boss might fire me, and if I beat the guy up I'd probably go to jail. You don't get a free pass cause someone threw a cup of fuggin beer at you.

And if I went over and started punching the wrong kid, just like stupid artest did, I think I might be in trouble.

no but I have a career and family to think about, if someone does something that deserves me to get violent, then it will be on, but until then, i think it is foolish...

127854[/snapback]

Tater,

so do most people. Artest reacted strongly but I'm not going to say he was wrong because he wasn't. The guy stood up for himself. Stern was the one in the wrong.

What kind of message does this send to the fans? Throw things at the players and get the players to come in to the crowd and they will get suspended for the rest of the season.

This is only going to help the Pistons b/c the Pacers are now without three players for a lot of the regular season because of what the fans of the Pistons started.

the fans that did stuff are going to court, don't you understand this?

127873[/snapback]

I've heard a lot of people say this will encourage the fans. If anything, security will be beefed up and penalties for infractions by the fans will be stiffer. I think both fans and players will think twice about this kind of thing from here on out. We'll have to see how many fans they can identify and what the local DA charges them with.