OT - Ron Artest Will Not Play this year

EZC-Boston

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's fine, I'll just sue the NBA.  I mean, this is telling me it's ok to do.  We wouldn't want fans to take responsibility for assaulting a player now would we?

127982[/snapback]

Give us a heads-up if you do, I want to make sure to record the game.

Over 68K voting on ESPN Sports Nation,

majority think all the NBA rulings were just right. :lol:

9) What do these suspensions do to the Pacers playoff hopes?

62.9% Playoff hopes are dead

37.1% Playoffs are still a possibility

:(:D:lol:

We wouldn't want fans to take responsibility for assaulting a player now would we

how do you file "assault with a plastic cup"? Just curious.

the fans that went on the court went to court, the guy who punched artest in the stands went to court.

how do you file "assault with a plastic cup"? Just curious.

the fans that went on the court went to court, the guy who punched artest in the stands went to court.

128080[/snapback]

Hey, if that white boy that Artest went after in the stands for assaulting him with that empty plastic cup could hit Artest from that far away and gtt it to land perfectly on Artest's chest (causing internal injuries no doubt!), the Pacers should think about signing him up to play for them. Especially now.

That's fine, I'll just sue the NBA.  I mean, this is telling me it's ok to do.  We wouldn't want fans to take responsibility for assaulting a player now would we?

127982[/snapback]

Who says the fans are getting off scott free? No one. I haven't heard one person defend the fans who threw the cup. Not one. The police and proper authorities will deal with the fans, the NBA isn't a legal body that can do anything about the criminal acts of the fans.

But they can police their own players and they have with Artest. Stop looking at it from only one angle. EVERYONE is getting hit hard because of this, not just Artest. He is getting what he deserves for over reacting and the fans will get what they deserve. The league isn't saying it's okay to throw stuff. They are saying it's NOT okay for players to assult fans for throwing stuff. The police will deal with the rest...

And of course the police will deal with artest who is reportedly about to be charged with first degree assult and battery as well.

The Union can't file a grievance until they know the suspensions........duh.

128073[/snapback]

If Ron Artest was drafted by the New York Knicks like HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN instead of those idiots talking Federic Weis and hypothetically if that was the Knicks friday night in Detroit and that mele broke out...Im sure youd be calling for a lifetime suspension for Artest.

Who says the fans are getting off scott free? No one. I haven't heard one person defend the fans who threw the cup. Not one. The police and proper authorities will deal with the fans, the NBA isn't a legal body that can do anything about the criminal acts of the fans.

But they can police their own players and they have with Artest. Stop looking at it from only one angle. EVERYONE is getting hit hard because of this, not just Artest. He is getting what he deserves for over reacting and the fans will get what they deserve. The league isn't saying it's okay to throw stuff. They are saying it's NOT okay for players to assult fans for throwing stuff. The police will deal with the rest...

And of course the police will deal with artest who is reportedly about to be charged with first degree assult and battery as well.

128087[/snapback]

Self defense is battery now? HAHAHA

T I've turned 20 (free bonus bucks even) into 110 in 1-2 limit in two days.

So going into the crowd is defending yourself? Artest most likely wasnt even throwing girly punches at the right people. And what happens if there are others around the melee with small kids and THEY get hurt because some dumbass cant keep his cool and be a PROFESSIONAL.

Artest got what he deserved and Stephen Jackson deserved MORE than he got.

As David Stern said "it was a no brainer"

He said that if it had been any other player, it would not have been as harsh. He said due to Artests record in the past, that is why he got the season.

If my dog bites a person once, they might not put him down that first time. She bites someone again, and off to the vet for a shot of death.

Anyone defending him, get over it. He is a THUG. He got what he deserved.

What makes me laguh is that people say it was self defense. Why don't you stop throwing that around unless you know what it means. Self defense gives you the right to use force if you are in imminent danger. And the force you use must be equal to that of what the first person used. Someone punches you, you get a freepunch back. Someone throws a PLASTIC CUP OF WATER on you? You don't get to go Thug style and beat the crap out of someone.

The funny part is, Artest got hit with a Plastic cup. The kid he went after in the stands WAS HOLDING A PLASTIC cup. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to tell you it wasn't that kid.

He got what he deserves.

BF, look at it without you blinders as a Pacers fan on. . .

Artest did nothing wrong.

127837[/snapback]

Ok, this message board will not let me put one million of these icons on here: :blink:

But please know, that that is, by far, the absolute dumbest, most ridiculous statement i have EVER heard on TBD.

I am shocked that it came from you, one of the most level-headed people here.

I'm f-cking shocked by that sentence. SHOCKED

:blink::blink::blink::blink: