OT - Ron Artest Will Not Play this year

EZC-Boston

BF... I'm, laughing right now!!!

You said yesterday that Artest's past shouldn't have ANYTHING to do with his suspension.

Now, you want to look at the cup thrower's past?

One or the other!

130335[/snapback]

Please don't try to understand his logic, it is a waste of time...

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BF... I'm, laughing right now!!!

You said yesterday that Artest's past shouldn't have ANYTHING to do with his suspension.

Now, you want to look at the cup thrower's past?

One or the other!

130335[/snapback]

Well there is a difference in this paticular case. Ron Artest was not the aggressor. The guy that threw the beer has a violent history and obviously meant to harm Artest by throwing that cup. Ron Artest defended himself accordingly.

It's all good though, that guy got caught on tape with a beer and throwing punches in the brawl, he's definately going to jail for violating his probation.

Well there is a difference in this paticular case.  Ron Artest was not the aggressor.  The guy that threw the beer has a violent history and obviously meant to harm Artest by throwing that cup.  Ron Artest defended himself accordingly.

It's all good though, that guy got caught on tape with a beer and throwing punches in the brawl, he's definately going to jail for violating his probation.

130791[/snapback]

You are absolutely insane and if you were arrested for the same offense, I believe you and artest should have the same plea...Not Guilty By Reason of Insanity

Well there is a difference in this paticular case.  Ron Artest was not the aggressor.  The guy that threw the beer has a violent history and obviously meant to harm Artest by throwing that cup.  Ron Artest defended himself accordingly.

130791[/snapback]

That's correct. The guy who attacked Waldo for no apparent reason was clearly NOT the aggressor.

The guy who threw me deserves all the blame. There is no telling how much damage I can do when thrown. Anyone who throws me deserves all the beating someone can dish out.

You know, if we executed all the cup throwers, we would have a much nicer world for people like Ron Artest to live in. Think about it.

"One fan in particular that police want to identify is the person who threw a chair into the crowd. Police are reviewing video from a fan who snuck a camera into the game, Local 4 reported."

Wonder if the fan with the contraband video camera will get in trouble? :w00t:

You are absolutely insane and if you were arrested for the same offense, I believe you and artest should have the same plea...Not Guilty By Reason of Insanity

130818[/snapback]

Whatever you say.

I don't give two #$*ts what you think in case you hadn't gotten that through your thick skull yet.

The guy that threw the beer has a violent history and obviously meant to harm Artest by throwing that cup.

That's a classic, BF - keep them coming.

Whenever I'm trying to hurt someone, one of the first things I think of is usually "is there a plastic cup of beer nearby that I can throw at this guy underhanded?"

Whenever I'm trying to hurt someone, one of the first things I think of is usually "is there a plastic cup of beer nearby that I can throw at this guy underhanded?"

131036[/snapback]

It's that damn fat boy's slow pitch league at work.

While I cannot agre with you that Artest did nothing wrong, I will quote a line from Chrisk Rock's "Bring the Pain" routine when discussing OJ:

"I'm not saying he should have done it, but I understand!"

Artest should have refrained from going in.  No question, but I am sick and tired of fans thinking that just because they buy a ticket that gives them the right to be verbally abusive of players, to throw stevestojan at players and to enter the field of play.  Any fan that abuses a player and gets the crap beat out of him gets what he deserved.  And while I would definitely punish the player for doing it, I would not take away his entire season for it, not even Ron Artest. 

The reality is, players probably constantly have to swallow their pride and anger night after night for these A-holes, and after a while, a thrown cup, a stolen hat, etc. is all it takes to set off the conflagration, especially when their adrenaline is already pumping.  I find this to be at least equally on security in these venues for permitting fans to be drunk, rowdy, verbally abusive and worse.  I would have given Artest 35 games and no more.

All those clowns will get is fined a few hundred bucks, maybe have their season tickets revoked.  That should be the least of it, and they should have to forfeit the money as well....no refunds.  But none of those idiots will lose what these players will lose.  Not even close.  And while that should be a huge incentive for players to swallow their anger, I can certanly understand how even a simple thing like a thrown cup is enough to set an ahtlete off.

I'm sure Artest's adrenaline was flowing.  I know mine would have been had a guy like Wallace shoved me and came after me.  And so what he fouled him so he couldn't make the lay-up?  Wallace is a big boy.  It was hardly the kind of foul that would cause injury.

I have heard all this crap about how this is necessary to ensure fans' safety, so that they know that players will not come into the stands again.  This makes me laugh.  How 'bout if the fans STFU when it comes to verbally abusing players, stay in their seats and off the field of play, and refrain from thowing stevestojan at them when they should know that such an act is likely to provoke a player who is already amped over something that ocurred on the court or field?  And how about these venues do their jobs and throw drunk and belligerent fans out on their asses?

I have no sympathy for any fan that gets his ass kicked by an athlete for being an idiot. 

I'm not saying he should have done it, but I understand!

128274[/snapback]

One sports commentator put it quite well imo.

He stated how many of these players are "angry." They make 80 or 90 million dollars. All they can do is play basketball, but they are "angry."

To put it in perspective, give ME 80 million dollars, and when I lie on a table like a pouting little criminal psychotic, pour all the beer on me that yoiu can buy for $7.00 per bottle. I wont be mad, as I pay for the education of my daughters and provide for my wife and myself.

One sports commentator put it quite well imo.

He stated how many of these players are "angry." They make 80 or 90 million dollars. All they can do is play basketball, but they are "angry."

To put it in perspective, give ME 80 million dollars, and when I lie on a table like a pouting little criminal psychotic, pour all the beer on me that yoiu can buy for $7.00 per bottle. I wont be mad, as I pay for the education of my daughters and provide for my wife and myself.

131099[/snapback]

They ought to try reality. See how pissed they get then.

131036[/snapback]

I agree...when I read that quote I laughed out loud at work

Watch out for the flying cups!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:w00t::o:o;)

It may reach "Im a horrible human being" status!!  :w00t:

131132[/snapback]

As an experiment, I took a plastic cup, filled it with water and tossed it into my own face.

I immediately ran out and beat up the homeless guy that hangs out at the 7/11 around the corner.

Might be something to this after all.

stevestojan. Millions of dollars a year to play basketball...

They need a swift kick in the ass and a job digging ditches in the off season to try to teach some friggen values. The Fans are idiots, and deserve prosecution, but DAMN! I seriously have to shake my head at anyone defending them. Hey boys and girls, we might be fans but SPORTS ON TV ARE NOT THAT IMPORTANT! DON'T ELEVATE THESE PEOPLE TO SOME GOD-LIKE STATUS BECAUSE YOU LIKE TO SAY "GO PACERS!" Or any other team for that matter.

Many of the same people will villify a young Marine who's just spent days in a viscious combat zone dodging rounds from all directions because he capped a wounded guy.

But spoiled, over paid, out of control basketball players can run up into the stands and start throwing haymakers because someone threw a beer and said nasty things-and that's OK.

I worry about this country. I really do.