Stick to your word Buddy!

Driffill

Buddy Nix, stick to your word and hire a Head Coach who has Head Coach experience.

Do not take a chance on a maybe coordinator, go with a proven Head Coach, there is NO substitute for experience.

Ralph has given you the keys to the Vette, Don't blow it or you'll be 1 and done.

Available Head Coaches with HEAD COACHING EXPERIENCE

1. Bill Cowher

2. John Gruden

3. Brian Billick

4. Dennis Green

5. Jimmy Johnson

6. Steve Mariucci

7. Cam Cameron (will be a good head coach, master at offensive)

8. Marty Schottenheimer

9. Dick Vermeil

10. Mike Martz

Anything but a maybe coordiantor ..........Greg Williams, Mike Malarkey..........PLEASE!!!!!

he never promised that. You just heard what you wanted to hear. He said the most important thing is a HC that is a teacher and that previous head coaching experience would be certainly preferred, but not determinative.

most of those guys you listed are terrible or VERY retired.

Gruden and Johnson aren't available...Mooch is likely staying where he is as well

Jauron was a head coach before coming to Buffalo.....I could care less if the coach had head coaching experience or was just a water boy...I just want him to be good.

Mike Smith and John Harbaugh weren't head coaches before they were hired to their current jobs and the Falcons and Ravens have been successful under their watch

Buddy Nix, stick to your word and hire a Head Coach who has Head Coach experience.

Do not take a chance on a maybe coordinator, go with a proven Head Coach, there is NO substitute for experience.

Ralph has given you the keys to the Vette, Don't blow it or you'll be 1 and done.

1. Bill Cowher

2. John Gruden

3. Brian Billick

4. Dennis Green

5. Jimmy Johnson

6. Steve Mariucci

8. Marty Schottenheimer

9. Dick Vermeil

10. Mike Martz

Anything but a maybe coordiantor ..........Greg Williams, Mike Malarkey..........PLEASE!!!!!

How old are you?

1. Bill Cowher Bills are persuing him, its going to be UP TO HIM if he comes to Buffalo

2. John GrudenHe is staying in Broadcasting HE IS NOT COMING BACK TO COACH THIS YEAR

3. Brian Billick An option in the fans mind, no word from the Bills if they have any interest (rumors say they don't)

4. Dennis Green Seriously?

5. Jimmy Johnson Highly unlikely that he gives up the Fox gig, especiall to come to a place where he was hated by fans

6. Steve Mariucci again, seriously?

7. Cam Cameron (will be a good head coach, master at offensive)The guy who coached the Dolphins? SERIOUSLY???

8. Marty Schottenheimer Has all but said no because he would rather stay retired then coach anymore

9. Dick Vermeil Isn't he retired too?

10. Mike Martz If we played in a dome sure, although with all his success since the Rams............

Why does everyone believe that the only good coaches are ones who have coached before? Just because they have had success elsewhere doesn't mean they will always be successful, and good coaches have to start somewhere. All I hope is that whomever is given the job has some kind of coaching experience (co-ordinator, etc.), is a good football mind, and assembles a great cast of coaches to surround him

he never promised that. You just heard what you wanted to hear. He said the most important thing is a HC that is a teacher and that previous head coaching experience would be certainly preferred, but not determinative.

most of those guys you listed are terrible or VERY retired.

Given the current state of the Bills, and the VERY LONG PLAYOFF Drought, I would take a Head Coach with experience getting teams to playoffs over a maybe coordinator any day, remember you cannot get to the Super Bowl if you are not in the Playoffs, please tell me you understand that.

Surely there's a few more old guys that retired years ago and have zero interest to get back into coaching that we can dredge up. I'm not at all impressed with that list, the OP needs to do better than that.

Surely there's a few more old guys that retired years ago and have zero interest to get back into coaching that we can dredge up. I'm not at all impressed with that list, the OP needs to do better than that.

Wayne Fontes.

Joe Gibbs.

Rich Kotite.

Jim Mora.

Jim Mora.

Butch Davis.

Gunther Cunningham.

Dennis Erickson.

Jerry Glanville.

Kevin Gilbride.

Dan Henning.

Jim Haslett.

David Shula.

Nick Saban.

Wayne Fontes.

Joe Gibbs.

Rich Kotite.

Jim Mora.

Jim Mora.

Butch Davis.

Gunther Cunningham.

Dennis Erickson.

Jerry Glanville.

Kevin Gilbride.

Dan Henning.

Jim Haslett.

David Shula.

Nick Saban.

Now that's more like it.

Wayne Fontes.

Joe Gibbs.

Rich Kotite.

Jim Mora.

Jim Mora.

Butch Davis.

Gunther Cunningham.

Dennis Erickson.

Jerry Glanville.

Kevin Gilbride.

Dan Henning.

Jim Haslett.

David Shula.

Nick Saban.

THEY HAVE PREVIOUS COACHING EXPERIENCE DAMNIT!

1. Bill Cowher

2. John Gruden

3. Brian Billick

4. Dennis Green

5. Jimmy Johnson

6. Steve Mariucci

8. Marty Schottenheimer

9. Dick Vermeil

10. Mike Martz

11. Marty Mornhinweg

Just got back from having my car worked on, & while I was waiting, I read ESPN the Mag...

someone did a study of all successful coaches, trying to find common characteristics, and all signs point to Marty M being the next Belichick. :wallbash::wallbash:

Guest dog14787
How about Marv Levy?

I asked Thurman Thomas a few weeks ago If he thought Marv Levy could coach again and his answer was short and to the point,

Thurman's Tweet: No dog

1. Bill Cowher

2. John Gruden

3. Brian Billick

4. Dennis Green

5. Jimmy Johnson

6. Steve Mariucci

8. Marty Schottenheimer

9. Dick Vermeil

10. Mike Martz

lol @ #7

1. Bill Cowher

2. John Gruden

3. Brian Billick

4. Dennis Green

5. Jimmy Johnson

6. Steve Mariucci

8. Marty Schottenheimer

9. Dick Vermeil

10. Mike Martz

Sounds like a choosey begger here.

Nix is 70 years old. I don't thinks he give a rats butt about being one and done.

Lets get a coach who is going to win...period.

I can't believe you would even put Cam Cameron in the mix here..he mastered Miami to a one win season.

He makes Jauron look like Vince Lombardi.

This is a very funny post.