Leslie Frazer "blew away" Nix in interview.

There is no speculation there. You can go through the news articles from 2003, and guess what you will find? All of them attribute Brian Billick to drafting Kyle Boller. You know what else you will find? No language which suggests speculation. They all clearly state it, without words such as "We are hearing" or "my opinion is that"... etc.

You can argue all you want about this, but there is evidence for my side, and none for yours.

No team is going to come out and say the coach made a pick over the GM. The media can speculate about the responsibility all they want but only dullards believe it as fact.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As I recall, that is precisely what TD said about GW. How'd that work out ?

It's also what Pittsburgh said about Tomlin and Baltimore said about John Harbaugh and those hires worked out pretty well...it's all a crap shoot really. You're not going to know how good a head coach is until he is a head coach. Just because a previous regime were "blown away" in the past doesn't mean anytime a front office is blown away that the guy is going to be a bust. That comparison is so utterly simplistic it's embarrassing.

"Leslie Frazier is said to be the leader in the clubhouse for the Bills job. Blew away Buddy Nix in interview.

Jim Trotter of Sports Illustrated"

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/

Still holding out hope for Cowher though.

This is what Greggo did on his interview with Donahoe...I'll never forget it....It was those words exactly - "blown away"...That was usually what opponents did to us under Greggo..."Blew us away"...Tampa 2, luv ya!!

As I recall, that is precisely what TD said about GW. How'd that work out ?

The problem here though was TD and that is important. From what I saw, TD seemed to have an overwhelming drive that what happened to him in Pitts that an HC he hired would never succeed in driving him out of town again. TD was blown away by a flawed choice for HC (one who had no offensive chops) who he then allowed to hire offensive assistants who also were flawed.

A good GM would have gotten his offensively unskilled HC to hire some experience as assistants. Instead he allowed GW to hire Kragthorpe who was so bad he got canned with a year left on his contract (and we know how Mr. Ralph hates that). TD them seemed to revel in his undercutting of the guy who blew him away in the interview with GWs contacts and lists and it became clear to this outsider that what blew TD away was that GW was a perfect administrative asst. for TD and could not beat TD if it came down to a battle.

This view was confirmed by GW publicly declaring that Larry Centers would be a Bill as long as Centers wanted to be and within a week, the real GM cut Centers and signed Sam Gash. If GW strayed into TD land and authority he would publicly get slapped back.

Ultimately the blame falls on TD for being so small and on Mr. Ralph for not being an adult and at least providing a check and balance to TDs human failings, Mr. Ralph actually deserves a ton of blame for meddling in football matters which he has a right to do in our capitalist economy. However, football assessments which only he had the power to make such as his handshake deal to flaunt the salary cap and reward Kelly in his next contract (uh what contract as Mr. Ralph erred in hi judgment of how much career Jimbo had left) and also made bad judgments in cases where the owner should have been involved even if it was Butler's idea (actually Butler clearly had a toxic relationship with Mr. Ralph as shown by how he left and I would not be shocked if welching on the agreement with Flutie that he would at least have an on field fair chance at winning the starting QB job when the Bills guaranteed RJ big money by extending his contract when they arguably could have waited until he at least proved he was not injury prone are examples of Mr. Ralph badly needing football smarts).

Lets hope Nix represents Mr. Ralph finally getting smarter.

That is what I am worried about...I want a proven coach..not a new guy...with great experience as coordinator.

Without talent , no coach will be very good. Buddy Nix is the guy with the pressure. He has to go out and get the players. The Bills have been woefully lacking in the talent department for years.

Cowher's not just another retread HC and you know it...Everyone knows it...Folks can say what they will about the guy, the help he had in Pittsburgh, how much was his doing...But one thing is absolutely not up for argument because it's fact...And that is Cowher's Record...149-90-1 (.623 %)...12-9 in the Playoffs...One Super Bowl Ring...6 times in the AFC Championship Game in 15 Years...10 out of 15 Years in The Playoffs...

Re-tread? Not so much...

I held Dick Jauron responsible for his crap Record and I want Cowher because of his stellar Record...The speculation going on about Cowher from his haters is just that...speculation...He'll have to prove to me he can't do it elsewhere...Because it's a fact the guy won and won a lot in his last gig...:ph34r:

Cowher is 2-6 in the AFC Championship, blowing two of them at home.

Im just sayin'

And with thatsaid, I,too think, no matter how much promise Frazier brings, the Bills are in the position to HAVE TO go with someone with previous HC experience. They do not have any record of success or capital with the fan base to say "trust us". They need someone who KNOWS how to get it done and if noting else, has proven he canbuild a good, successful NFL program.

Great an offensive coordinator that wouldnt even be on the map without Brett Favre and Adrian Peterson.

He should tear it up with a bunch of hacks in Buffalo.

Another 5 years of not making the playoffs and having a 6-10 record. Yeah I'm excited for this crap.

He's a D-Coordinator.....

People, please don't compare this situation to the Williams situation given that none of us knows who he is going to choose for assistants should he come to Buffalo. Al Saunders is not Mike Sheppard. He probably wouldn't pick the equivalent of Jerry Gray either.

Apples and oranges.