Leslie Frazer "blew away" Nix in interview.

Dude, I know Minnesota runs the Tampa 2 defense with bigger players. I was just saying Frazier does not pick the bigger players in the scheme the head coach and GM do. Frazier may prefer smaller players when he makes personel decisions as the head coach. Also, how many of these really big defensive players wil want to come and play for buffalo, who are on their 5th head coach in 10 years and still have not brought any legitimacy to the organization....that is if Frazier is hired. Got it?

Got it - Even though Frazier is the coordinator for a defense that utilizes larger players you are assuming that he prefers smaller players based on.........? I'm not too sure about that one. Further you then assume that large football players won't want to come to Buffalo so they will have to settle for smaller players no matter which they prefer which makes sense when you think about..........? Well, you got me there too. Geez this is brilliant, it's a wonder that the Bills don't hire you.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude, I know Minnesota runs the Tampa 2 defense with bigger players. I was just saying Frazier does not pick the bigger players in the scheme the head coach and GM do. Frazier may prefer smaller players when he makes personel decisions as the head coach. Also, how many of these really big defensive players wil want to come and play for buffalo, who are on their 5th head coach in 10 years and still have not brought any legitimacy to the organization....that is if Frazier is hired. Got it?

Go back and listen to Buddy Nix talk about the type of players he likes - hint: they're not the same ones DJ likes.

So, basically, you are basing your opinion of the HC upon speculation that he MAY prefer smaller players, even though that is contrary to the current personnel he is coaching?

I am basing my opinion on the FACT that he is an unproven entity, with no track record for player personel decisions and that is not what we need as an organization. The bottom line is we do not know what he would do as a head coach. Maybe he would look for bigger guys to run the Tampa 2. But big fast strong and good defensive players are in short supply and are costly. That is two strikes against him bringing those types of players to Buffalo, even if those are the players he does prefer.

How many of those players would consider comming to Buffalo to play for Bill Cowher as opposed to Leslie Frazier? How much more power would Bill Cowher demand from the front office - to spend money and bring in those types of players than Leslie Frazier?

I am basing my opinion on the FACT that he is an unproven entity, with no track record for player personel decisions and that is not what we need as an organization. The bottom line is we do not know what he would do as a head coach. Maybe he would look for bigger guys to run the Tampa 2. But big fast strong and good defensive players are in short supply and are costly. That is two strikes against him bringing those types of players to Buffalo, even if those are the players he does prefer.

How many of those players would consider comming to Buffalo to play for Bill Cowher as opposed to Leslie Frazier? How much more power would Bill Cowher demand from the front office - to spend money and bring in those types of players than Leslie Frazier?

We can't make Bill Cowher come here, so your points are irrelevant.

Interesting thoughts all around. Leslie Frazier might be the second coming of Tony Dungy and Bill Cowher combined but he won't have a chance to prove that. Mostly because more than anything else this franchise needs credibility and belief by the NFL and the fans that we are serious and committed to winning.

The only way that comes is we have a coach with a successful proven track record and an organizational structure that proves the important decisions are being made by a competent front office.

I like Nix. But the way he was hired just blows. When the Bruce Allens, Tom Heckerts, Marc Ross' and Eric Da Costas of the world were available, we "didn't know them." You can bet the Seahawks, Browns and other teams know who they are. That just has made Nix hire hard to accept within the fan base and the general NFL community (media inc.).

Now, if we hire whom by all accounts is a good coach and a stand up guy, because he was the best option among the second tier coaches when Billick, Fassel and now what looks like Fisher or Fox can be had if we wanted to pursue this to the hilt, just is a tough uphill struggle. I'm pretty sure Cowher doesn't want the gig or he would have been all over it like flies on you know what.

Less coverage, not enough buzz, less tickets sold - will force the FO to pull a dumb ass stunt like the TO signing to sign maybe Mike Vick - just to generate excitement. Not because he would be the best QB option for us. Or draft Tebow in the first round because he is the most popular college player out there.

Then all of a sudden things implode because we're making decisions based on the franchises survival rather than good, credible football decisions because we can't afford to make solely those kinds of decisions. And because the soon to expire owner is experiencing a sense of urgency but unwilling to give up control because he is afraid someone is gonna run his NFL legacy and property into the ground. More than the fans, like any father, he feels beholden to his children.

Then in 3-4 years rinse and repeat. It will have nothing to do with How good or bad Frazier is.

C

ps. my friend who works for the national media asked me if I've thought of supporting another NFL Franchise. He wasn't trying to be cruel. He was genuinely concerned about the long term viability of the franchise at least in WNY. If it wasn't for who owns the Titans, I'd begin to consider it at least on a part time basis for my sanity.

We can't make Bill Cowher come here, so your points are irrelevant.

True, but we can bring in a leader who has been there and done it before. And would only take the job with the understanding that the front office will do whatever it takes to win. And this is not something that a rookie head coach, with no experience and little authority would be able to do. it is not just about putting together a winning team on the field it is about commanding respect in the franchise and having the abililty to work with all levels of the organization. That is something only experience can do. Do you really think Ralph Wilson and co. are going to spend millions of dollars on players because Leslie Fraxier tells them too?

I would be happy with Billick. I know a lot of people do not like him, but I feel if Cowher does not want it, he is the best available option right now.

Just one more point, You can't run/own a franchise "scared" anymore than you can coach a team "scared." Nothing we've done in the past month or so says "Bold & Gutsy" - just doing "What we know."

The Browns now have Holmgren and Heckert in their FO. That's smart & bold. Same rust belt city, same kind of fans. A very different owner.

Can you run a team with an ownership "trust"? ;-)

C

Got it - Even though Frazier is the coordinator for a defense that utilizes larger players you are assuming that he prefers smaller players based on.........? I'm not too sure about that one. Further you then assume that large football players won't want to come to Buffalo so they will have to settle for smaller players no matter which they prefer which makes sense when you think about..........? Well, you got me there too. Geez this is brilliant, it's a wonder that the Bills don't hire you.

OMG your right! Because Bufflalo has had such a wonderful track record of attracting key free agents, and developing ....and keeping there good young players. The fact that the front office is a joke and we have continued to hire cheap inept and ineffective head coaches has not damaged the potential for free agents to come here, or developed players to stay at all. I can't imagine what I was thinking!

If Frazier is such a great interview/coaching talent why hasn't he been hired already??!!??

Hasn't he been up for HC spots several times before??

Ask yourself that Buddy!!!!

Irrelevant. Payton was interviewed twice before New Orleans and even then Loomis took a leap of faith. Same with Billick. Sometimes the coach isn't ready and they grow and become qualified later (or not).

OMG your right! Because Bufflalo has had such a wonderful track record of attracting key free agents, and developing ....and keeping there good young players. The fact that the front office is a joke and we have continued to hire cheap inept and ineffective head coaches has not damaged the potential for free agents to come here, or developed players to stay at all. I can't imagine what I was thinking!

But those weren't your original points. Your original points were that Leslie Frazier prefers small players to big players even though the defense he currently coaches is comprised of big players. The second point was that the Bills wouldn't be able to attract large football players and would have to settle for smaller players even if they wanted bigger players, thus making the ridiculous inference that all big football players are good players and all small football players are bad players and every single team is looking for the exact same type of players. Those are the original points you made and the ones I disputed. Stop trying to make sense after the fact.

Interesting thoughts all around. Leslie Frazier might be the second coming of Tony Dungy and Bill Cowher combined but he won't have a chance to prove that. Mostly because more than anything else this franchise needs credibility and belief by the NFL and the fans that we are serious and committed to winning.

The only way that comes is we have a coach with a successful proven track record and an organizational structure that proves the important decisions are being made by a competent front office.

I like Nix. But the way he was hired just blows. When the Bruce Allens, Tom Heckerts, Marc Ross' and Eric Da Costas of the world were available, we "didn't know them." You can bet the Seahawks, Browns and other teams know who they are. That just has made Nix hire hard to accept within the fan base and the general NFL community (media inc.).

Now, if we hire whom by all accounts is a good coach and a stand up guy, because he was the best option among the second tier coaches when Billick, Fassel and now what looks like Fisher or Fox can be had if we wanted to pursue this to the hilt, just is a tough uphill struggle. I'm pretty sure Cowher doesn't want the gig or he would have been all over it like flies on you know what.

Less coverage, not enough buzz, less tickets sold - will force the FO to pull a dumb ass stunt like the TO signing to sign maybe Mike Vick - just to generate excitement. Not because he would be the best QB option for us. Or draft Tebow in the first round because he is the most popular college player out there.

Then all of a sudden things implode because we're making decisions based on the franchises survival rather than good, credible football decisions because we can't afford to make solely those kinds of decisions. And because the soon to expire owner is experiencing a sense of urgency but unwilling to give up control because he is afraid someone is gonna run his NFL legacy and property into the ground. More than the fans, like any father, he feels beholden to his children.

Then in 3-4 years rinse and repeat. It will have nothing to do with How good or bad Frazier is.

C

ps. my friend who works for the national media asked me if I've thought of supporting another NFL Franchise. He wasn't trying to be cruel. He was genuinely concerned about the long term viability of the franchise at least in WNY. If it wasn't for who owns the Titans, I'd begin to consider it at least on a part time basis for my sanity.

Great Post!!! :wallbash:

We're screwed if they choose him... get some @!#!@#!@ PROVEN HC EXPERIENCE in this organization... WTF??!

I have to laugh at posts like this. Since history has proven to show a coach with HC experience is guaranteed to be more successful then a young up and coming professional like Frazer..... wrong.

Cowher doesn't have it anymore peopleeeeeee!

True, but we can bring in a leader who has been there and done it before. And would only take the job with the understanding that the front office will do whatever it takes to win. And this is not something that a rookie head coach, with no experience and little authority would be able to do. it is not just about putting together a winning team on the field it is about commanding respect in the franchise and having the abililty to work with all levels of the organization. That is something only experience can do. Do you really think Ralph Wilson and co. are going to spend millions of dollars on players because Leslie Fraxier tells them too?

I would be happy with Billick. I know a lot of people do not like him, but I feel if Cowher does not want it, he is the best available option right now.

I think Billick would go a long way in changing what has become common practice at OBD...He's my 2nd choice behind Cowher... :wallbash: