Leslie Frazer "blew away" Nix in interview.

How come you all think it is great when other teams get a coordinator and becomes a very good HC but, you all think it is bad when we look at them. I know our track record is not the best.

It's the track Record for sure...But not only that a great deal of this Fan Base wants a splash...They want a name that says we are once again relevent in the NFL...Frazier will not do that no matter who likes him or how good he interviews...It's going to look like The Bills are trying to get out on the cheap again...Whether or not that is the case...And maybe Frazier will be great...But I think it's going to KILL The Bills at the Box Office to start the 2010 Season...I think they need a splash to keep Fans interested now...I think Frazier is a Marketing nightmare for The Bills...We'll see soon enough though... :wallbash:

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, these two can't possibly be any different at all. Maybe Fewell can even sell Frazier his rap records and show him some good fried chicken places on his way out of town.

wtf are you babbling about..that's not where i was going with this. Fewell and Frazier are both defense coordinators, run pretty much the same kind of defense (except Frazier has a lot more talent), and are both unproven. Again, I expect more.

DID he get blown away because Cowher is taking too long or worst yet might go in different direction. Only way someone can get blown away in my book is if they have the Top offensive & defensive assistants in their pocket...........Bills nation isnt stupid . We had a chance at Marvin Lewis who let his defense blow us away in the Super Bowl with a lame QB . We instead pick a Greg Williams who blew the GM away in an interview . Thanks Frasier but no thanks

If the reports that Al Saunders would be his coordinator are true than that would fill your top offensive assistant. Also, if memory serves me correct Lewis turned the Bills down.

wtf are you babbling about..that's not where i was going with this. Fewell and Frazier are both defense coordinators, run pretty much the same kind of defense (except Frazier has a lot more talent), and are both unproven. Again, I expect more.

+1

This story leaked to the media, a media outlet not called ESPN, could be tied to Ralph's interview with the AP, another media outlet not called ESPN, for the purpose of saying to Bill Cowher "Take your %^&*( or get off of the pot!!!! We want you as our next coach, but make a choice!"

I have felt strongly that both sides - The Bills and the Cowher team, have used the media to negotiate with each other. After Cowher tells Nix he wants $10M a year, Nix offers $8.5M, Cowher shares with ESPN - you know I may stick with broadcasting......Bills respond with a media story "we have candidates Frazier, Billick, Rivera, etc lined up.............."

God in Heaven, I hope you're right!

So you are saying if Mike Zimmer becomes the front runner you will say the same thing?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...be-interviewed/

But here's the reality. Even though the NFL is made up of 32 distinct teams, they are all connected under the umbrella of the league office. So if Frazier helps the Seahawks out of a jam, his gesture could be viewed very favorably by other teams that might be considering him for head-coaching jobs in the future (or in the present, like the Bills), especially if the Seahawks express their gratitude by raving about Frazier to anyone who'll listen -- and if the league office expresses its gratitude by putting Frazier at the top of the list of guys who will be pushed hard for a head-coaching job, somewhere.

I think that this is Buddy Nix's thank you to Frazier.

Aside from both being black DCs, please explain how theres no difference between Frasier and Fewell.

How about the fact that neither have any real head coaching experience and they both really like the smallish athletic tampa 2 defense.

Some on this board may want to make this about race, but lets be honest. Frazier's main talking point in the media comming into this interview was that he was "interviewed" 6 times for a head coaching position. He was obviously given a lot of interviews to satisfy the Rooney Rule, or else he would have landed one of the other six jobs he was a candidate for. I doubt that many of his previous interviews actually considered him a serious candidate for the hc position. This is not to say he is not qualified, but he probably got more interviews because he was on the short list of qualified black coaches.

This team needs a proven entity running the team, not another coordinator who will come cheap and who is trying to make a name for themselves. I don't care what color they are. if we could hire Tony Dungy today, I would be all for it. We need a proven leader who will bring legitimacy to the franchise. That is not Leslie Frazier.

can turn out to be another williams. can also turn out like, lets say tomlin.

and i guess wed all be delighted with any coach who has a tomlin-like season.

Like 8-8 and out of the playoffs? Been there done that. He went to the superbowl with Cowhers team.

So you are saying if Mike Zimmer becomes the front runner you will say the same thing?

Yup. I don't want another former defensive coordinator with very little/no HC experience. After cleaning house I want significant change...I want some past HC experience...i want more than the same **** we keep getting.

How about the fact that neither have any real head coaching experience and they both really like the smallish athletic tampa 2 defense.

Some on this board may want to make this about race, but lets be honest. Frazier's main talking point in the media comming into this interview was that he was "interviewed" 6 times for a head coaching position. He was obviously given a lot of interviews to satisfy the Rooney Rule, or else he would have landed one of the other six jobs he was a candidate for. I doubt that many of his previous interviews actually considered him a serious candidate for the hc position. This is not to say he is not qualified, but he probably got more interviews because he was on the short list of qualified black coaches.

This team needs a proven entity running the team, not another coordinator who will come cheap and who is trying to make a name for themselves. I don't care what color they are. if we could hire Tony Dungy today, I would be all for it. We need a proven leader who will bring legitimacy to the franchise. That is not Leslie Frazier.

EXACTLY. :wallbash:

I don't know where/how the hell some of the people even brought the race issue into this.

Jesus Christ, people are !@#$ing retards. There is only one proven head coach out there, and his name is Bill Cowher. If we don't get him, the only people left to interview are coordinators. You want Brian Billick? The guy was a failure as a coach, and hindered the Ravens more than he helped them.

You idiots act as if there are dozens of HCs who have won in the NFL just sitting there, while the Bills interview coordinators.

Guess what? The mouth-breathers aren't going to be happy with anyone we pick, because he's not "proven", and hasn't been the top coordinator of the top offense/defense for 10 years.

The Vikes aren't small on defense.