Anyone else feel like just giving up?

Nope already have graduated High School, with a 94.567% GPA thank you very much, currently in college with a 3.689 GPA

Gotta love adults that like to insult other people over something so small (like me not seeing a movie). Shows how "mature" alot of adults like you are

Congratulations, those are some impressive numbers. However, if you're in college and you haven't seen Animal House you're putting yourself at great risk for a bad case of severe social retardation. I'd suggest you go out and rent:

Animal House

Caddyshack

The Blues Brothers

Revenge of the Nerds

Dumb and Dumber

The Big Lebowski

Big Trouble in Little China

Predator

Aliens

and probably about 30 other movies that I haven't listed. Failure to do so will likely lead to you getting the **** kicked out of you for being a complete and utter nerd.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations, those are some impressive numbers. However, if you're in college and you haven't seen Animal House you're putting yourself at great risk for a bad case of severe social retardation. I'd suggest you go out and rent:

Animal House

Caddyshack

The Blues Brothers

Revenge of the Nerds

Dumb and Dumber

The Big Lebowski

Big Trouble in Little China

Predator

Aliens

and probably about 30 other movies that I haven't listed. Failure to do so will likely lead to you getting the **** kicked out of you for being a complete and utter nerd.

I'll add:

Slapshot

Half Baked

Ok, this thread was about giving up on the Bills. The FAR more important fact that has come out of this is that there is a football fan that has never seen Animal House AND he's in college.

Please re-title the thread to match the more important topic that has arisen.

Again Just in case you missed it

"Idk, Ive never been a "big" old movie person. I usually only watch movies when I go to the movie theaters with my friends. And when I watch movies its based on history or sports. Because people so have preferences you know?

Maybe I will have to go rent it, since I have nothing to do this weekend anyways, and since you guys think its such a big deal that I haven't ever seen it"

Hottest thread of the day so far . . .

Hopefully we get a decent HC and see some kind of turn-around this year. The last time I had good feelings about the team making the playoffs was when Bledsoe was QB.

BUT I'M NOT QUITING THIS TEAM ! ! ! :thumbsup:

I will say this...I honestly believe, as does everyone else on this board, that I am the biggest Bills fan ever! I have physically and verbally fought for their honor. I remember losing excitement over touchdowns because there were so many of them and I remember sitting, stairing at the T.V. in total disbelief in what I was seeing, no emotion, nothing.

I have joked with family and friends about becoming a fan of another team, however, as many have written, being a Bills fan is not a "fad", it is in your blood. You can't deny it nor can you ignore it! You scour the news, internet, newspapers and any other venue to obtain information. You get excited about a certain player or opportunity and you research all you can about him. Finally, your weeks efficiency and mood actually depends on whether or not you Bills won on Sunday!

There will come a time when we are winners again! We will hear ESPN and other networks focus on our play and team and we will remember these days as the storm before the calm.

Listen, there is no where to go but up!

Oh boy. It's starting now. We have the makings of a legendary thread here.

I'll add:

Slapshot

Half Baked

OK, I'll help.

Thank god. I thought you were going to add Swingers and tell him what a "guy" movie it was....

"I used to cry because I had no shoes, until I met a man with no legs."

Bills fans ought to think about what it would be like being a Rams, Lions or Raiders fan before launching into the "woe is us" routine. How would you like to start the season wondering if you will even win one game?? As bad as it is missing the playoffs 10 straight years we have been in the hunt for most of those seasons. So to say we are the worst team in the NFL is an exaggeration.

But if you want to follow a different NFL team, go right ahead. No one is being held prisoner here. If there is a reason why real fans put up with this its that when we do hit the jackpot it will be the sweetest moment ever. Anyone can be a Yankees fan or a Pats* fan or a Chicago Bulls fan when Michael Jordan played. But what is the challenge in cheering for a team that is virtually guaranteed to win? There is no virtue in being a front runner.

PTR

Promo,

I think the point here is not a question of deer-in-headlight-kool-aid-drinking-I-sleep-and-live-in-Buffalo-Bills-underwear-undying-loyalty, rather being such a fan and truly wanting a better product to the point of asking yourself why are we doing this to ourselves?

Especially when we realize that we, the fans, ARE the NFL. The money (and time) we spend watching the game effects ratings. Advertisers invest millions of dollars to show their product to the greatest amount of people. The shows with the greatest amount of people often are coupled with higher ratings- thus, more money.

New jerseys (TO, anyone?) of players, new designs, new logos, etc also urge a fan base to spend, spend, spend more on the product. Every year new jackets, hats, T-shirts and the like come out, prompting new purchases.

Ticket prices to the stadium, subscriptions to NFL Sunday Ticket, magazines, internet sites, etc all are created and live on the interest generated by the fans.

Now, what is wrong with paying hundreds of dollars every year as indirect owners of the NFL (which we all are) on tickets, memorabilia, jerseys and other related merchandise, and asking (I say demanding) for a better product on the field?

Nothing.

Businesses do it all of the time. Quarterly, even.

If we fans all acted like responsible little NFL CEO's, then Ralph would have no choice but either sell the team to someone who cares or field a winner.

Now, THAT sounds like something I can believe in.

Choosing to be a fan of a team is more sacred than marriage these days. Would you leave your wife if you went through a 10 year cycle with no nookie? If the answer is no, your moral fiber is what keeps you loving... hating... and resenting the Buffalo Bills.

At least Rams and Raiders fans can say that they've won a championship. Lions fans, well.....even I feel bad for them.

You know what? That means jack squat. How much comfort do all the AFL and AFC titles bring you now? If anything it makes things worse.

PTR

Promo,

I think the point here is not a question of deer-in-headlight-kool-aid-drinking-I-sleep-and-live-in-Buffalo-Bills-underwear-undying-loyalty, rather being such a fan and truly wanting a better product to the point of asking yourself why are we doing this to ourselves?

Especially when we realize that we, the fans, ARE the NFL. The money (and time) we spend watching the game effects ratings. Advertisers invest millions of dollars to show their product to the greatest amount of people. The shows with the greatest amount of people often are coupled with higher ratings- thus, more money.

New jerseys (TO, anyone?) of players, new designs, new logos, etc also urge a fan base to spend, spend, spend more on the product. Every year new jackets, hats, T-shirts and the like come out, prompting new purchases.

Ticket prices to the stadium, subscriptions to NFL Sunday Ticket, magazines, internet sites, etc all are created and live on the interest generated by the fans.

Now, what is wrong with paying hundreds of dollars every year as indirect owners of the NFL (which we all are) on tickets, memorabilia, jerseys and other related merchandise, and asking (I say demanding) for a better product on the field?

Nothing.

Businesses do it all of the time. Quarterly, even.

If we fans all acted like responsible little NFL CEO's, then Ralph would have no choice but either sell the team to someone who cares or field a winner.

Now, THAT sounds like something I can believe in.

Like I said. We are all here by our own choice. The door is right there any time you wanna use it.

PTR

Guest dog14787
Go ahead, no one is making you be a Bills fan. If you don't like how the team is run, go find one that is run the way you want.

people make it sound like once you become a fan of a team, you have to stick with it and just cry and complain when things don't go the way you want. But you aren't forced to be a fan. Your life will probably be a lot more enjoyable if you find a team that makes you happy and is run how you want it, and us other fans will be happier cause we won't have to hear people whinning about how things are so bad

Making the playoffs is awesome and as underdogs it makes it even greater when we do, but make no mistake, we are a smaller market and for us to accomplish our goals its never going to be easy, especially in our division. Ralph Wilson's intentions have always been good and as long as I know our owner is trying to improve our chances for success its all I can ask.

RW is on a mission and seems determined to go out with a bang so I would hang around and wait for the fireworks to start...

Again Just in case you missed it

"Idk, Ive never been a "big" old movie person. I usually only watch movies when I go to the movie theaters with my friends. And when I watch movies its based on history or sports. Because people so have preferences you know?

Maybe I will have to go rent it, since I have nothing to do this weekend anyways, and since you guys think its such a big deal that I haven't ever seen it"

You must make friends easily at school. Yah know, being a :thumbsup: and all. You should really stop getting mad at everyone or deal with people only in person because it looks like you can't pick-up the tone of comments on a message board.