Bills close to making a decision?

DarthICE

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking on NFL Network’s “Around the League,” Michael Lombardi reported late Thursday night that the Buffalo Bills are “very close to making a decision” in their head coaching search, and that they “have their guy in mind.”

The video segment is up at NFL.com.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-tota...ound-the-League

Here is Lombardi’s quote in its entirety:

You know, Buffalo has been quietly going underground, they’re doing their interviews, interviewed Leslie Frazier, they’re talking to a lot of people in the league, but somebody I spoke to in the organization tells me they’re very close to making a decision, they think they know which way they want to go, wouldn’t tell me which way they are gonna go, but I think they have their guy in mind.

Speaking on NFL Network’s “Around the League,” Michael Lombardi reported late Thursday night that the Buffalo Bills are “very close to making a decision” in their head coaching search, and that they “have their guy in mind.”

You know, Buffalo has been quietly going underground, they’re doing their interviews, interviewed Leslie Frazier, they’re talking to a lot of people in the league, but somebody I spoke to in the organization tells me they’re very close to making a decision, they think they know which way they want to go, wouldn’t tell me which way they are gonna go, but I think they have their guy in mind.

already been posted like a hour ago :unsure:

:unsure: or :w00t:

One would have to think that if Cowher/Billick was to become the HC, the announcement would have to be made before the college all star games. Both of these guys have expressed that they would want to choose their roster. I wonder if the title V.P. of football operations would be enough to lure Cowher to Buffalo?

Gotta be Harbaugh.

He would have to move quick, and stealthy. His resume screams "young rising coach."

They maybe interviewed him in detroit, since Ralph lives there, and any harbaugh sighting in B'lo would be bad for harbaugh. RW and buddy could even have driven to D-town to avoid being seen at airports. Harbaugh played at Michigan so maybe no one would care if he was in Detroit, since their job isnt open.

Rekanize!

Gotta be Harbaugh.

He would have to move quick, and stealthy. His resume screams "young rising coach."

They maybe interviewed him in detroit, since Ralph lives there, and any harbaugh sighting in B'lo would be bad for harbaugh. RW and buddy could even have driven to D-town to avoid being seen at airports. Harbaugh played at Michigan so maybe no one would care if he was in Detroit, since their job isnt open.

Rekanize!

O the guy who has never coached from a NFL style playbook and has never been at least an assistant in the NFL? The NFL game is different from college....

The same guy that is 17-20 at Stanford? Stanford plays what top competition in NCAA? He had success at San Diego but what competitive, top level competition do they play?

How many college HC that took HC jobs in the NFL right away in the past 10 years have been good? I can see him as a coordinator here but not a HC

http://www.gostanford.com/sports/m-footbl/...augh_jim00.html

Coaching family. Quarterbacks coach with the Raiders (when they were still an NFL team) for 2 years. He's been prepping for this for years.

this year, Oregon beat USC. Then Stanford beat Oregon. Then Stanford beat USC (like 55-21).

And he took big slow smart kids and made them competitive overnight. He can work with a big coldweather team in buffalo (which Buddy Nix seems to want. correctly). And lets not forget, his white running back was a heisman finalist (spare me your "maddenboy's a racist" posts. I am black, but when was the last time that happened? 1950s?).

Harbaugh KNOWS football.

http://www.gostanford.com/sports/m-footbl/...augh_jim00.html

Coaching family. Been prepping for this for years.

this year, Oregon beat USC. Then Stanford beat Oregon. Then Stanford beat USC (like 55-21).

And he took big slow smart kids and made them competitive overnight. He can work with a big coldweather team in buffalo. And lets not forget, his white running back was a heisman finalist. This guy KNOWS football.

Who cares who his family is. His family success doesn't guarantee him success. He has NEVER coached any part of the NFL game. How do you instantly expect him to be a NFL Head Coach when he has never coached a NFL playbook nor coached in the NFL speed. The NFL is much different than when he played. The college game is much different from the NFL game. Im struggling to find 1 College coach that had never been at least a coordinator in the NFL; that went from college to a NFL HC job in the past 10 years and had success

Um why is the guy in charge of minority hiring contacting Nix? Why us? I don't see anywhere that they got ahold of Washington and asked them about their minority interview. Does the NFL have tha much of a problem with the Bills/?

They did contact the 'Skins. Go read the Washington Post. Standard protocol.

hmmm is there reasoning behind why they do it? I mean do they think minorities get treated that unfairly in coaching interviews?

No. I think it's just to get impressions that can be passed on to the interviewee. Something they can do better next time, what they did well, if there is serious interest going forward. I don't think it's that big of a deal. I guarantee agents of black, white, red, brown, yellow coaches call the GM after an interview with their client to find out the same information.