Bills close to making a decision?

DarthICE

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bills close to making a decision...Harbaugh a "stealth" candidate...hmmmmmmm...that's a situation where they would need to make a quick decision because it's the college recruiting season and there is no way Harbaugh would allow his name to linger very long.

I hope it is either Harbaugh or Cowher.

"You know Buffalo is quietly been going underground... they are doing thier interviews. They interviewed Leslie Frazier. They are talking to a lot of people in the league. But somebody I spoke to in the organization tells me they are very close to making a descision. They think they know which way they want to go. Wouldnt tell me which way they are going to go. But I think they have their guy in mind."

The only people spoken to were Fewell, Shanny, Frazier and Cowher, right? So scratch Fewell most likely and Shanny. I bet it's Frazier then.

you assume that the Bills will actually interview the coach before hiring him.

at the rate they have been turned down, the Bills will probably just sign the first guy that takes their phone call.

I am not sure if NFL rules allow a coach to be hired while team is still in playoffs.

They do not. From the league's Anti-Tampering Policy:

No contract shall be executed, and no agreement to execute a contract, or an

announcement of a contract or of an agreement for employment, shall be

permitted until after the conclusion of the employer club’s playing season.

you assume that the Bills will actually interview the coach before hiring him.

at the rate they have been turned down, the Bills will probably just sign the first guy that takes their phone call.

Shanahan has and maybe Cowher will. Who else do you know that has been offered the job and turned it down?

Jason La Canfora just stated on NFLN he talked to someone within the Bills org and they feel they have their guy in mind and a decision might be coming soon.

Take it for what it's worth.

Michael Lombardi speculated

that is, he didn't know anything for sure, that was the feeling he got.

I have a feeling this may play out for another week plus, but who says I'm right!

If he is right than it has to be Frazier or Cowher. They're not hiring anyone else because they haven't talked to anyone else and why bring Perry back after letting him go. Maybe Buddy Nix will name himself.

Well Cowher hasn't said anything during this whole process and the Bills have barely said anything regarding Cowher. The only things we have heard have been pure speculation except for a few things are are for sure: The Bills have met with Cowher twice, they have interviewed Fewell and they have interviewed Frazier (today). Then Marty Schottenheimer is Buddy Nix good friend (so im sure they have had a talk or two), and Brain Billick has been campaigning for the Bills job. Then reported today.. Jim Harbough and the Bills have had a "stealth" talk (talk of interest)

The Bills have been too quiet during the search. Something is going on under the radar.

I have a feeling this may play out for another week plus, but who says I'm right!

If he is right than it has to be Frazier or Cowher. They're not hiring anyone else because they haven't talked to anyone else and why bring Perry back after letting him go. Maybe Buddy Nix will name himself.

No guarantee of that.

That's the thing...if the Bills are close to making a decision, then it can't be Frazier. League rules don't allow a team to hire a coach who's current team is still playing.

The Bills have been too quiet during the search. Something is going on under the radar.

In 2006 we heard of tons of HC interviews-Dick Jauron, Mike Sherman, James Lofton, Bobby April, Dom Capers and Jim Caldwell come to mind. The silence this time around is deafening!