Green Day sellout is complete

Well Jesus freaking Christ you Dipshit! Why don't you just pull out the worst possible archive material! The sound quality of all of these clips is ****.....at least hold this up as some sort of example:

Dude, their lead singer is a little kid? What are they, Hansel?

They can derelict my balls.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude, their lead singer is a little kid? What are they, Hansel?

They can derelict my balls.

Nice that you can get past the first 15 seconds before clicking it off, nice attention span dummy... :thumbdown:

Mine too, expect I never had a cat. :thumbdown:

Yeah, why don't we judge the body of your work based on one crappy clip. If this was your only exposure, I could see why you would think that way. Listen to final finished product then you can bad mouth,

A band coming from a generation and style that "borrowed" Caribbean and African styles is the most creative on planet?

Everybody is influenced by everyone, Elvis and the Beatles didn't just appear out of the ground one day with a sound never heard by human ears either, so don't kid yourself about the influences. You have not spent 10 seconds listening to Moulding, until you do, you are talking out your ass...

Everybody is influenced by everyone, Elvis and the Beatles didn't just appear out of the ground one day with a sound never heard by human ears either, so don't kid yourself about the influences. You have not spent 10 seconds listening to Moulding, until you do, you are talking out your ass...

Sorry that I don't subscribe to the theory that a middling new wave band had the most creative bass player on the planet.

Sorry that I don't subscribe to the theory that a middling new wave band had the most creative bass player on the planet.

And I'm sorry that you choose to pre-judge. Is it that way with you concerning every aspect of your life? Do you just wave a dismissive hand at everything you think you know???

Admit it, you have never listened to a note of this band in your life. They are hardly just any old "new wave" band, just because they happened to exist in that era.

And notice I did not say "best", I don't believe in that term. I said creative in a melodic sense...

Well Jesus freaking Christ you Dipshit! Why don't you just pull out the worst possible archive material! The sound quality of all of these clips is ****.....at least hold this up as some sort of example:

Ok, let me see if I have this straight.

The most original band in the history of the world?

And they put out a song that basically says "I hate God" "God's not real" "Me me me". Do I have that right? Yeah that's original.

I wonder if this is the lead singer in disguise.

Just curious Chef, are you a musician? How old are you (not a dig)? Colin Moulding is worth his weight in gold, if you do play an instrument you can't lie about this man's talent. Don't dismiss it in a broad stroke manner, dig in to the good stuff, not just another 80's band, they go wayyyyyyyyyy deeper than that.

So, do you play Chef?

XTC, do yourself a favor...don't bother trying to get the TBD establishment to ever admit they might not know everything...it is pointless...

Ok, let me see if I have this straight.

The most original band in the history of the world?

And they put out a song that basically says "I hate God" "God's not real" "Me me me". Do I have that right? Yeah that's original.

I wonder if this is the lead singer in disguise.

:wallbash:

And I'm sorry that you choose to pre-judge. Is it that way with you concerning every aspect of your life? Do you just wave a dismissive hand at everything you think you know???

Admit it, you have never listened to a note of this band in your life. They are hardly just any old "new wave" band, just because they happened to exist in that era.

And notice I did not say "best", I don't believe in that term. I said creative in a melodic sense...

I didn't prejudge. I judged based on experience and comparison of this band relative to its peers and influences. Sorry to get your panties in a wad because you happen to be a fan, but when you make a statement that the bassist was the most creative in the world, when the band borrowed liberally from Jamaican & African influences, including funk, then creativity goes out the window.

Put up Bootsy Collins vs Moulding and see how your creativity standard goes out the window Am that's not even bringing up the dub stars that played the bass lines along with the guitar.

Creative my arse.

Nice that you can get past the first 15 seconds before clicking it off, nice attention span dummy... :wallbash:

You really know how to convince people to like your band. "These guys are awesome and if you don't like them, you're dumb."

I don't know if you said this but how long were you the bassist for them and did they sell records or just not perform live?

Never listened to it? Hell if you were alive at any time during the 80's you couldn't !@#$ing get away from it. The 80's the lost decade of music. BTW the 90's and 00's pretty much sucked too.

I didn't prejudge. I judged based on experience and comparison of this band relative to its peers and influences. Sorry to get your panties in a wad because you happen to be a fan, but when you make a statement that the bassist was the most creative in the world, when the band borrowed liberally from Jamaican & African influences, including funk, then creativity goes out the window.

Put up Bootsy Collins vs Moulding and see how your creativity standard goes out the window Am that's not even bringing up the dub stars that played the bass lines along with the guitar.

Creative my arse.

Friend, I am afraid you are thinking of Culture Club not XTC. Mouldings influence was chiefly Paul McCartney. They borrowed heavily from only one source: 60's psychedelic acts!

So again, I'll ask, how many basslines have you heard from Moulding?

Never listened to it? Hell if you were alive at any time during the 80's you couldn't !@#$ing get away from it. The 80's the lost decade of music. BTW the 90's and 00's pretty much sucked too.

What the F are you talking about Chef? XTC hardly got any airplay in this country....I think some of you boys are confused about who XTC is... I really do....I think we are on seperate wavelinks. :wallbash:

You really know how to convince people to like your band. "These guys are awesome and if you don't like them, you're dumb."

I don't know if you said this but how long were you the bassist for them and did they sell records or just not perform live?

You are the fool who watched only the first ten seconds of the clip, and for the record I couldn't touch Moulding even on a good day.

What the F are you talking about Chef? XTC hardly got any airplay in this country....I think some of you boys are confused about who XTC is... I really do....I think we are on seperate wavelinks. :wallbash:

Dude, when someone starts saying there has not been much good music in 30 years...it's best to just walk away. Can't argue music with those who care only for nostalgia.

You are the fool who watched only the first ten seconds of the clip, and for the record I couldn't touch Moulding even on a good day.

I heard enough of XTC when the lead singer joined Van Halen for that one album, and officially finished VH off.

To Jim: I'd say the 80s hair bands were sometimes very good and the 90s grunge was also good. 90s also brought metal to the mainstream.

To me the lost musical decade was the oughts, although even in it there were little pockets of talent. It's a cycle and I'm confident it can turn!

Dude, when someone starts saying there has not been much good music in 30 years...it's best to just walk away. Can't argue music with those who care only for nostalgia.

Yep, I hate to say it but Chef is a Lumper. How can anyone dismiss entire decades as if there was nothing of any worth in them at all???????? :wallbash:

If Chef and CG truly knew anything about XTC they would know that they are actually throwbacks to the 60's not the "new wave synth nerds" that they are confused over...

Hey Chef, XTC uses real instruments>>>you must have mistaken these guys for Howard Jones! :beer:

I heard enough of XTC when the lead singer joined Van Halen for that one album, and officially finished VH off.

To Jim: I'd say the 80s hair bands were sometimes very good and the 90s grunge was also good. 90s also brought metal to the mainstream.

To me the lost musical decade was the oughts, although even in it there were little pockets of talent. It's a cycle and I'm confident it can turn!

Oh ferchrisakes!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do some effin research before you comment!!!!!!!! XTC is a British group.

You people are like blind monkeys trying to !@#$ a football-------have no concept of the subject matter being discussed. :wallbash: