Green Day sellout is complete

Oh ferchrisakes!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do some effin research before you comment!!!!!!!! XTC is a British group.

You people are like blind monkeys trying to !@#$ a football-------have no concept of the subject matter being discussed. :wallbash:

You are converting more people to follow your band by the minute!

Do you guys have a Myspace page where I can hear more of your music?

I don't care that they are British. There are good bands in Britain. I just wish Van Halen had died with Sammy at the helm. That XTC guy was an embarassment.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are converting more people to follow your band by the minute!

Do you guys have a Myspace page where I can hear more of your music?

I don't care that they are British. There are good bands in Britain. I just wish Van Halen had died with Sammy at the helm. That XTC guy was an embarassment.

It was Gary Cherone from Extreme that sang with/finished off Van Halen. Not XTC.

Oh ferchrisakes!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do some effin research before you comment!!!!!!!! XTC is a British group.

You people are like blind monkeys trying to !@#$ a football-------have no concept of the subject matter being discussed. :wallbash:

What is the subject matter? That you love XTC and 80's New Wave and we do not? That's it, end of story, why do you give a !@#$. I listen to lots of music that most people hate and I really don't give a ****. But to say we don't like a very small and short lived genre of music doesn't means we don't know about music is pretty damn silly. You're coming across as a whiney little 12 year old girl here.........hmmm I think I finally figured out why you love XTC so much.

What is the subject matter? That you love XTC and 80's New Wave and we do not? That's it, end of story, why do you give a !@#$. I listen to lots of music that most people hate and I really don't give a ****. But to say we don't like a very small and short lived genre of music doesn't means we don't know about music is pretty damn silly. You're coming across as a whinely little 12 year old girl here.........hmmm I think I finally figured out why you love XTC so much.

At least you pulled the right clips, the other meatball thought I was talking about a metal band.

And I was wrong about you Chef, I thought you were a bright guy, but you're not. You are an ignorant fool, a dog who sticks to his safe little dog trails in life. Have fun living in that little box that you have built for yourself. I already explained to you how diverse my musical universe is. I pity you frankly. You have good taste, but you are stunted...

Finally.....I don't give a flying !@#$ if you like XTC or not... just stop clumping them in with "new wave". For a guy that likes "Blind Faith" and other bands that use real instruments, you'd think you could appreciate the fact that XTC uses real instruments too.

At least you pulled the right clips, the other meatball thought I was talking about a metal band.

And I was wrong about you Chef, I thought you were a bright guy, but you're not. You are an ignorant fool, a dog who sticks to his safe little dog trails in life. Have fun living in that little box that you have built for yourself. I already explained to you how diverse my musical universe is. I pity you frankly. You have good taste, but you are stunted...

Finally.....I don't give a flying !@#$ if you like XTC or not... just stop clumping them in with "new wave". For a guy that likes "Blind Faith" and other bands that use real instruments, you'd think you could appreciate the fact that XTC uses real instruments too.

Wow, !@#$ing wow is all I can say. Get the !@#$ over yourself. You have no idea what and how big my musical interests are and you're being an idiot for insinuating you do. Because I don't like your favorite type of music makes me an ignorant fool? No I'm sorry, that statement mayes YOU and ignorant fool. My musical tastes are stunted? Bwahahahahaha and you're basing that on a short conversation on message board. :wallbash: You haven't the slightest idea.

You were more fun when you were refrencing George Lynch (actually liked that!) :wallbash:

I'd rather hear George Lynch sing than your new wave boys. They are Talking Heads minus the airplay.

It's great that you love your little corner of the world band.

Just because almost everyone here finds your Culture Club guys grating is no reason for you to start lashing out like a 12 year old girl who didn't get invited to Sally Smith's sleepover.

If I listed the obscure bands I like and people started bashing them, I could give a !@#$. Why? I am a grown up. Coheed and Cambria. Bash away and see if I care one bit.

Wow, !@#$ing wow is all I can say. Get the !@#$ over yourself. You have no idea what and how big my musical interests are and you're being an idiot for insinuating you do. Because I don't like your favorite type of music makes me an ignorant fool? No I'm sorry, that statement mayes YOU and ignorant fool. My musical tastes are stunted? Bwahahahahaha and you're basing that on a short conversation on message board. :wallbash: You haven't the slightest idea.

Nope, basing it on the fact that:

(A. You are a "lumper"---you tend to discredit things wholesale (such as entire decades) not even at least cherrypicking something/anything.

(B. You keep calling XTC "new wave" (that alone proves that you are ignorant). This band has been signed for 33 years dipstick!

You sir are a snorebox deluxe, yawn.......

I'd rather hear George Lynch sing than your new wave boys. They are Talking Heads minus the airplay.

It's great that you love your little corner of the world band.

Just because almost everyone here finds your Culture Club guys grating is no reason for you to start lashing out like a 12 year old girl who didn't get invited to Sally Smith's sleepover.

If I listed the obscure bands I like and people started bashing them, I could give a !@#$. Why? I am a grown up. Coheed and Cambria. Bash away and see if I care one bit.

You two seem to think I give two ***** and a shake what you think! All I said was stop lumping them in with New Wave. There is that so hard?

Do me a favor and NEVER listen to XTC...OK? You don't deserve XTC....so DO NOT LISTEN! GOT it? And if I catch you listening I will come over and kick the dog**** out of you! :wallbash:

Nope, basing it on the fact that:

(A. You are a "lumper"---you tend to discredit things wholesale (such as entire decades) not even at least cherrypicking something/anything.

(B. You keep calling XTC "new wave" (that alone proves that you are ignorant). This band has been signed for 33 years dipstick!

You sir are a snorebox deluxe, yawn.......

Music is subjective. I know what I like and what I don't like. If I didn't like most, not all, of the music from the 80's then I can dismiss it as a lost decade for music in my ear, and my ear only. The 90's sucked but my favorite band right now was a product of the 90's. And if XTC is not New Wave what genre are they my all knowing professor of musical knowledge? They've been signed for 30 years...woohoo!!!! What does that mean? :wallbash:

Music is subjective. I know what I like and what I don't like. If I didn't like most, not all, of the music from the 80's then I can dismiss it as a lost decade for music in my ear, and my ear only. The 90's sucked but my favorite band right now was a product of the 90's. And if XTC is not New Wave what genre are they my all knowing professor of musical knowledge? They've been signed for 30 years...woohoo!!!! What does that mean? :wallbash:

It means that they pre-date the eighties and have their roots in PUNK.

Who said I wanted you to like XTC? I only want you to stop mis-representing them...in case someone else here might be curious about something other than "Senses Working Overtime". Many acts including (icons of the sixties) went through some sort of pseudo-new wave during the 1980's,>>>>>if they wanted to sell any records that is.>>> Listen to Press to Play from McCartney during that period. He adapted to the times like he always did. Does that make McCartney "New Wave" just because he happened to have singles out at that moment in time alongside Thomas Dolby????????????

You're the one who linked to the song with them doing their New Wave thing. Guess what: if that's what you point out as representative, I have no interest in exploring their entire musical catalog to find the one thing I might like. If there was vocal or musical talent in that clip, I didn't see it and they didn't appeal to me.

Punk, New Wave, New Age, Rave, Hair, who gives a !@#$? Only one person besides you here seems to even know who XTC is so they obviously are not a particularly well-liked or well-thought of band. You and your 14 pals can have XTC parties in peace and when they reunite, high fiving each other about how you're the only ones to "get it."

Friend, I am afraid you are thinking of Culture Club not XTC. Mouldings influence was chiefly Paul McCartney. They borrowed heavily from only one source: 60's psychedelic acts!

So again, I'll ask, how many basslines have you heard from Moulding?

Yeah, Senses Working overtime surely stretches the boundaries of bass playing.

Yeah, Senses Working overtime surely stretches the boundaries of bass playing.

Kind of hard to make that judgement call when you are listening on tiny ass computer speakers! Of course, one song should encompass every facet of a players ability, duh? :wallbash:

You're the one who linked to the song with them doing their New Wave thing. Guess what: if that's what you point out as representative, I have no interest in exploring their entire musical catalog to find the one thing I might like. If there was vocal or musical talent in that clip, I didn't see it and they didn't appeal to me.

Punk, New Wave, New Age, Rave, Hair, who gives a !@#$? Only one person besides you here seems to even know who XTC is so they obviously are not a particularly well-liked or well-thought of band. You and your 14 pals can have XTC parties in peace and when they reunite, high fiving each other about how you're the only ones to "get it."

Precisely why you are undeserving...please stop listening! You don't get it so stop trying.

Kind of hard to make that judgement call when you are listening on tiny ass computer speakers! Of course, one song should encompass every facet of a players ability, duh? <_<

Yeah, that must be it.

Nice to avoid answering how your guy was more creative than Bootsy, or the rock steady pioneers.

And yes, WTC was a middling new wave band, because you can't even fathom a definition of new wave that's not stereotypical synth band. Besides, Kraftwerk & Depeche Mode were infinitely more influential than XTC ever dreamed of being.

Kind of hard to make that judgement call when you are listening on tiny ass computer speakers! Of course, one song should encompass every facet of a players ability, duh? <_<

Let see first it was youtube's fault now tiny speakers. What other excuses do you have for the terrible lack of quality musicianship?

Yeah, that must be it.

Nice to avoid answering how your guy was more creative than Bootsy, or the rock steady pioneers.

And yes, WTC was a middling new wave band, because you can't even fathom a definition of new wave that's not stereotypical synth band. Besides, Kraftwerk & Depeche Mode were infinitely more influential than XTC ever dreamed of being.

Wrong, wrong, wrong.

Moulding is not better than Bootsy or James Jamerson for that matter, he justs happens to tickle a very happy place in my brain. And he would in yours too if you were familiar with more than say...oh, two songs...sound about right? Look, just pick up a few records and listen for yourself. It will make a believer out of you.

Pack some credibility under your belt, understand their catalogue before you spout off.