The National Media does NOT hate buffalo!!

zdro22

To the ladies and gentlemen of this board:

The national media does not have a vendetta against buffalo. They are not trying to hammer little buffalo with every shot they get. Every time a clayon carucci or king comes out and says buffalo wont land a big name coach, many people on this board freak out and say they hate buffalo or attact their reporting skills. On the PTI thing today, King said he spoke to a candidate who was NOT impressed with the Nix hire. So is King lying? Believe it or not these national media people have contacts and sources! Is it that hard to believe they talk to people close to a cowher who tells them he doesnt want the job? Clayton and King are hated because they are skeptical the best coach available wont come to buffalo. Yet some dude in a basement in florida is "the only one ill listen to" on this board. Well im sorry ill take the guys with years of credibility and work in the business over a guy with a buffalo source. If you guys only want to read or be told what you want to hear, then simply listen to chris brown on buffalobills.com.

Why is it so hard to believe that a big coach like a cowher or billick wouldnt want to coach players drafted by a 70yr old first time GM? Have you looked at this roster? What would the new coach be building with? We have a promising LG, RB, and WR. Thats it for offense, we dont have any wrs on this roster outside of evans and out other promising guard destroyed his leg. What would you be building with? Defense we have a promising secondary and a bad front 7. Not to mention we have a 91yr old owner to meddles with coaching decisions. Ultimately i hope and am still open to the idea of us actually landing cowher....i hope this is all posturing by his camp for more money...but im also pretty realistic..something some of you guys should try!

The national media does not have a vendetta against buffalo. They are not trying to hammer little buffalo with every shot they get. Every time a clayon carucci or king comes out and says buffalo wont land a big name coach, many people on this board freak out and say they hate buffalo or attact their reporting skills. On the PTI thing today, King said he spoke to a candidate who was NOT impressed with the Nix hire. So is King lying? Believe it or not these national media people have contacts and sources! Is it that hard to believe they talk to people close to a cowher who tells them he doesnt want the job? Clayton and King are hated because they are skeptical the best coach available wont come to buffalo. Yet some dude in a basement in florida is "the only one ill listen to" on this board. Well im sorry ill take the guys with years of credibility and work in the business over a guy with a buffalo source. If you guys only want to read or be told what you want to hear, then simply listen to chris brown on buffalobills.com.

Why is it so hard to believe that a big coach like a cowher or billick wouldnt want to coach players drafted by a 70yr old first time GM? Have you looked at this roster? What would the new coach be building with? We have a promising LG, RB, and WR. Thats it for offense, we dont have any wrs on this roster outside of evans and out other promising guard destroyed his leg. What would you be building with? Defense we have a promising secondary and a bad front 7. Not to mention we have a 91yr old owner to meddles with coaching decisions. Ultimately i hope and am still open to the idea of us actually landing cowher....i hope this is all posturing by his camp for more money...but im also pretty realistic..something some of you guys should try!

Why do you hate Buffalo so much?

I get all my infor from DELLAPEELE JOHN.

Who needs the rest of these guys when we have a ten year old kid cum chester the molester cum undercover cop, getting us the skinny???

There is a reason teams are looking for a new coach. They suck and want to improve. Not every coach can be Phil Jackson and picked a loaded team to coach. Also, why is Nix's age a big problem?

They (national media) don't dislike Buffalo but they sure love to dismiss any possibility of the organization to land a big name. They are very matter-of-fact when they do their reporting about the Bills search.

I guess you miss all the commentators on TV that laugh and make jokes about Buffalo in general.

Yeah i must! Im as sensitive as anyone about Buffalo the city being picked on..hate it. But buffalo "the head coaching job" deserves some skepticism from prospective coaches and media commentators in my opinion.

As a member of (regional) media, I can tell you that it's not hatred - it's simply ignorance. National TV talent and print/Internet reporters view WNY the same way the nation began to see it in the 1970s/1980s. A cold, rust belt, poor, shrinking city with a notoriously losing football team. Nothing has changed since then. It's viewed by outsiders as a crappy city and that reputation is passed on. I see 13 year olds posting on other sites saying "no 1 wunts to live in buffalo," and all that. I believe that thinking very much has a hold on most national personalities/sports reporters, and that's sad - but I think thats where we get all this feeling of "hatred." Sometimes I drive through CNY/WNY, see the gray skies, brown/muddy snow, empty buildings, feel freezing temperatures and feel the pinch in my wallet because of taxes and wonder why I would even want to live here (and I was raised in Olean)...imagine what its like for someone not born here?

In fact, its really not even hatred, it's just kind of the "do we have to deal with them?" routine. That's the feeling that I get. They still very much pay attention to the market, and they talk about us when we win big (Yahoo! Sports had us on their front page back when we went on the 6 game win streak in 2004, saying "Bills Are Back?") or acquire big names (We made the front page of NYTimes.com when we acquired T.O.). We are a small market, when we make a splash, we'll get the attention.

Right now the coaching carousel is slowing down and when there isn't a lot big news on that front, TV producers will cut the segments on coaching and stack their rundowns to reflect the playoffs (of which we play no role).

It seems like the only national-level reporters that put thought into their work are the John Wawrows and Vic Carucci's of the world...and its no coincidence that they are from the area. Everyone else says what they need to say and move on to the next subject.

As a member of (regional) media, I can tell you that it's not hatred - it's simply ignorance. National TV talent and print/Internet reporters view WNY the same way the nation began to see it in the 1970s/1980s. A cold, rust belt, poor, shrinking city with a notoriously losing football team. Nothing has changed since then. It's viewed by outsiders as a crappy city and that reputation is passed on. I see 13 year olds posting on other sites saying "no 1 wunts to live in buffalo," and all that. I believe that thinking very much has a hold on most national personalities/sports reporters, and that's sad - but I think thats where we get all this feeling of "hatred." Sometimes I drive through CNY/WNY, see the gray skies, brown/muddy snow, empty buildings, feel freezing temperatures and feel the pinch in my wallet because of taxes and wonder why I would even want to live here (and I was raised in Olean)...imagine what its like for someone not born here?

In fact, its really not even hatred, it's just kind of the "do we have to deal with them?" routine. That's the feeling that I get. They still very much pay attention to the market, and they talk about us when we win big (Yahoo! Sports had us on their front page back when we went on the 6 game win streak in 2004, saying "Bills Are Back?") or acquire big names (We made the front page of NYTimes.com when we acquired T.O.). We are a small market, when we make a splash, we'll get the attention.

Right now the coaching carousel is slowing down and when there isn't a lot big news on that front, TV producers will cut the segments on coaching and stack their rundowns to reflect the playoffs (of which we play no role).

It seems like the only national-level reporters that put thought into their work are the John Wawrows and Vic Carucci's of the world...and its no coincidence that they are from the area. Everyone else says what they need to say and move on to the next subject.

^-correct

Are you blind? Everybody hates us and is biased against us-WAH!!!!!!!!!! It has to be jealousy from all of the success over the past decade. I am being sarcastic, and I fully agree with you, get over it, the media doesn't hate us and isn't biased against us, they just speak the truth.

Let's face it. With an owner in his 90's who has not made it clear what is going to happen to the team upon his demise, there is quite a bit more "uncertainty" associated with coaching the Bills than with most any other team out there right now.

I want a big name proven coach too, but I'm starting to believe none are going to be interested. It's not "Buffalo bashing" or disrespect for the city. But really, the team is in tatters and it's future is totally up in the air. What coach who feels they can wait things out or afford to be choosy is going to choose us?

People have need to make themselves feel superior by putting others down. These days making fun of someones race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender, sexual preference, weight, or age are off-limits. Making fun of a city is okay.

PTR

People have need to make themselves feel superior by putting others down. These days making fun of someones race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender, sexual preference, weight, or age are off-limits. Making fun of a city is okay.

PTR

Hey, it's easy to hate a city until you've been out of work for two years, have to travel to the 4th best NFC game every weekend to announce it, and there are no other job openings. Not talking about anyone in particular right now or anything...