It's Not Buffalo...

TheZone78

Ralph and his dedication to mediocrity is what is repelling the search for a quality coach at this point. Any owner that runs the likes of Bill Polian and A.J. Smith out of town is a loser.

I'm just as frustrated as we all are but unfortunately the word excellence does not exist at One Bills Drive.

It's obvious this organization is run by the Accountants and not what's best for the football field.

I don't know where they go from here. Hopefully they dedicate themselves to building a first class front office. Until then, I remain very pessimistic of seeing a winner in Buffalo any time soon.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ralph and his dedication to mediocrity is what is repelling the coaching search at this point. Any owner that runs the likes of Bill Polian and A.J. Smith out of town are losers.

I'm just as frustrated as we all are but unfortunately the word excellent does not exist at One Bills Drive.

It's obvious this organization is run by the Accountants and not what's best for the football field.

I don't know where they go from here. Hopefully they dedicate themselves to building a first class front office. Until then, I remain very pessimistic of seeing a winner in Buffalo any time soon.

Watch you Zone, you are infringing on Jester's copyright.

And, for the record, Bill Polian left 17 years ago. I have asked this before and will ask it again. Does anyone really think that if he had not left in 1993 that he would still be here today?

John Butler left to escape the ruins he created, and enjoy the benefits of a fresh start in SD; he took AJ Smith with him.

Write those three sentences down, and read them before posting again. :D

Not sure what "repelling the coaching search" means, but tonight we learned from the WGRZ article that the Bills are still trying to convince Cowher. With this confirmed, we now know that HE HASN'T SAID NO.

These things take time, they are multimillion dollar, high stakes deals. It's called negotiating.

What you call begging, I call being aggressive.

If they weren't aggressive, people would complain they lack the fire to win. If they are aggressive, people call it "begging". :D

Exactly....

And the poster is exactly right. The ownership and management has been terrible. Coaches and Players down want to be with a team with poor management. But im sure many players and coaches would love to coach in Buffalo because of the Fans. The fans are loyal. The city is a football atmosphere. Players and Coaches like that... but then they look at management and ownership and they say the heck with that.

I agree that its the ownershiop, not the city. Sure, this isn't Chicago or NY, but other places like Detroit, Cleveland, and Green Bay (cold weather and/or declining small markets) aren't very glamorous either but don't seem to get spurred publically like the Bills. This team in 50 years has a losing record and the one string tying it together is RW. They have sucked way more years than they've been good. All signs point to a controling micro-manager. Guys like Polian, Butler and Smith are generally regarded as great football men yet all were run our of town or couldn;t get out on their own fast enough due to RW's controling, meddling ways. I don't think he's cheap, he does spend money, but I think he's too much of a hands-on owner and that reputation is killing the team's ability to gain talent. We're heard whispers in the press about RW's draft day demands on player selection. You think a coach wants a 91-year-old, Yankee-bean-slurper to be making or forcing draft picks? I doubt it.

Think about what a coach wants. An owner with a dedication to winning with a willingness to provide the finances to make it happen, but also staying out of the football operation. Also, a GM he can work with. Put yourself in a coaches position. You get offered this job, the money is right and the town is football crazy. But you have good information about how the organization operates, how the owners can't stay out of the football operation. You're dedicated to winning but you see nothing but bad results here. Are you going to risk your reputation and future earnings to come here? Or because you're in demand and have a job, would you hold out another year?

Watch you Zone, you are infringing on Jester's copyright.

And, for the record, Bill Polian left 17 years ago. I have asked this before and will ask it again. Does anyone really think that if he had not left in 1993 that he would still be here today?

John Butler left to escape the ruins he created, and enjoy the benefits of a fresh start in SD; he took AJ Smith with him.

Write those three sentences down, and read them before posting again. :D

We'll never know about Polian now will we. One could speculate that he has spent his time with three small market teams in Indy, Buffalo and Carolina. So why wouldn't he still be here?

Butler did screw up the salary cap and let the offensive line deteriorate but Ralph could have kept Smith if he offered him the GM role. Or at least increased the probability of keeping him.

It's also the roster. We don't have a Peyton Manning or Ray Lewis to sell. Hell, we don't even have a London Fletcher; he was one of the first things tossed overboard by the last set of stooges.

I don't think its the Roster as much as the Management.

I mean Buffalo has a young roster with a handful of players with good potential that just need a coach to maximize that potential. Guys like:

P. Posluszny, D.Whitner, J. Byrd, E. Wood, A. Levitre, K. Williams,, L. McKelvin, S. Nelson, S. Johnson, J. Hardy, G. Hartgartner, A. Maybin...

All these players have shown flashes of being good players or they all have good potential.

Then you got some established players like:

L. Evans, A. Schobel, M. Stroud, B. Moorman, R. Lindell, T. McGee, F. Jackson

The Bills have some talent... they just need a coach to maximize that talent and complete it.

Of course they need some more pieces... Like a LT, QB, OLB, DE, RT

Ralph and his dedication to mediocrity is what is repelling the search for a quality coach at this point. Any owner that runs the likes of Bill Polian and A.J. Smith out of town is a loser.

Yeah, no other NFL teams have made mistakes in hiring or firing GMs and personnel people. Buffalo is the only one to ever make a mistake.

Yeah, no other NFL teams have made mistakes in hiring or firing GMs and personnel people. Buffalo is the only one to ever make a mistake.

Evaluate the history of the Bills and please make a case for your argument. What is Buffalo's overall record? How many winning seasons do we have in it's 50 year history?

All I'm saying is if we had any kind of competence in the franchise we wouldn't have to beg for top notch coaches to come in here.

They did reportedly offer Shanny 10 mil per and a piece of ownership, I wouldn't call that an offer on the cheap

Please cite a credible source. That just didn't happen.

These things take time, they are multimillion dollar, high stakes deals. It's called negotiating.

Sure, it took Shanny all of 24 hours.

don't forget that RW fired Wade for not firing is ST coach.....no doubt he needed firing, but don't you think a coach coming in will remember that and wonder if RW will start telling him who to fire and who to keep?

And he wouldn't pay Wade either after he left, I'm sure that goes over well in coaching circles. Hell, even Mularkey took a lesser job just to get the hell out of here.