Cowher the Cowher is Cowher for Cowher in Cowher's Cowher

bills_red

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

who is Cowher ?.....and is this thread nearing a record ??....842 replies and 40,056 views...

I've been attuned to this Cowher vigil for what seems like an eternity. Truthfully, I expect a little separation anxiety when it finally ends :wallbash:

this is still Shefter reporting - I see nothing new here, just sources, etc.

I'm waiting until I hear it from Cowher.

Shefter's sources could have told him this a few days ago. I ask, if these sources were so confident in Cowher coaching in 2010, then where is he going to coach??

moreover, Moran seems like a nice guy but come on.

this is still Shefter reporting - I see nothing new here, just sources, etc.

I'm waiting until I hear it from Cowher.

Shefter's sources could have told him this a few days ago. I ask, if these sources were so confident in Cowher coaching in 2010, then where is he going to coach??

moreover, Moran seems like a nice guy but come on.

My expectation is that until Carolina and John Fox both come out with definitive statements that John Fox will be coaching in Charlotte next season, then we won't hear anything from Cowher. We might need to hear something from Tampa too.

But my understanding is that Carolina (and Tampa?) are the last barriers standing between a situation where Cowher will be forced to choose between coaching in Buffalo or sitting out for 2010. Once we reach that situation, then I think Cowher will have the courtest to confirm that he will be announcing for CBS next season.

JDG

My expectation is that until Carolina and John Fox both come out with definitive statements that John Fox will be coaching in Charlotte next season, then we won't hear anything from Cowher. We might need to hear something from Tampa too.

But my understanding is that Carolina (and Tampa?) are the last barriers standing between a situation where Cowher will be forced to choose between coaching in Buffalo or sitting out for 2010. Once we reach that situation, then I think Cowher will have the courtest to confirm that he will be announcing for CBS next season.

JDG

Well why wont that punk Cowher come out and say Im not taking the Bills job on tv so we can hear it with our own ears

JDG

I understand that those two spots have already definitively been locked up for next year. don't have the links at my fingertips, but recollect reading that Fox and the Tampa guy are definitely back next year. Tampa ownership is in trouble $$, they're not making any moves and Fox has already said he is staying put. he has no place to go either and prob wants to keep a job in this economy.

I hear you... things can change there but it's very unlikely that he can go to either spot this year.

there is an open UFL job, Texas Tech, USF

Well why wont that punk Cowher come out and say Im not taking the Bills job on tv so we can hear it with our own ears

that's what I want. if he says no and then goes to Carolina - oh well. Shanahan did that.

what's more infuriating is that his role at CBS. where is the credibility and integrity of CBS not even mentioning his name in relation to the BIlls search?? he is a public figure on a freakin nfl pregame show it's not beyond the bounds of decency to ask him point blank to comment on the bills search-

why does he continue to remain mum?

Well, its simply not in his interests to do that.

For example, maybe next year he finds himself in a similar situation a few years down the road - and maybe he decides then that broadcasting isn't as interesting to him anymore, and he would rather coach for Buffalo than not coach at all. A definitive anti-Buffalo public statement like that now would certainly hurt him in that future situation. And right now, there simply is no benefit he gets from formally withdrawing his name from consideration. He's clearly put it out there through his contacts that he doesn't plan to take the Buffalo job....

For example, maybe next year he finds himself in a similar situation a few years down the road - and maybe he decides then that broadcasting isn't as interesting to him anymore, and he would rather coach for Buffalo than not coach at all. A definitive anti-Buffalo public statement like that now would certainly hurt him in that future situation. And right now, there simply is no benefit he gets from formally withdrawing his name from consideration. He's clearly put it out there through his contacts that he doesn't plan to take the Buffalo job....

Do you not think the sheer embarassment of just about everyone turning the Bills down for interviews will weigh in on a head coaching candadites decision?Its painfully obvious were the laughing stock of the Nfl.You reap what you sew and this is on Ralph and Dick Jauron.I believe nobody wants to come here because they dont think they can win.Its that simple.Who likes losing?Nobody i know of.

why is it Schottenheimer's interest to decline? why did Shanahan decline (maybe he could coach the bills in a couple years) or why did Gruden say he wanted to stay in broadcasting another year?

I agree in the sense that he is waiting on something but I'll be disappointed and the Bills should feel disrespected if he does not "officially" end any speculation relating to the Bills hc spot. Isn't in the Bills interest to clear his name from the list officially so other candidates don't feel like he is in the mix? I think his presence and the billboard, etc would cloud their HC search, no?

Guest dog14787

Belicheat career regular season HC winning percentage .617

Mike Shanahan .598

Marv Levy .561

Marty ball .613

Bill Cowher .623

Joe Gibbs .621

Bill Parcells .569

Tony Dungy .668

I was comparing the regular season winning percentages on some of the more recent successful HC in the league and was surprised to see Tony Dungy leading the pack so far among some big names coaches having more than 100 reg season games under their belt.

Belicheat career regular season HC winning percentage .617

Mike Shanahan .598

Marv Levy .561

Marty ball .613

Bill Cowher .623

Joe Gibbs .621

Bill Parcells .569

Tony Dungy .668

I was comparing the regular season winning percentages on some of the more recent successful HC in the league and was surprised to see Tony Dungy leading the pack so far among some big names coaches having more than 100 reg season games under their belt.

2 words :Peyton Manning

Guest dog14787
2 words :Peyton Manning

Shanahan/Elway, Bellicheat/ Brady,Levy/ Kelly,

I think its safe to say most successful HC have or had above average QB's during their HC career.(not all)