Cowher the Cowher is Cowher for Cowher in Cowher's Cowher

bills_red

Guest dog14787
Yes and when the run game isn't working, that's when you need your QB to stretch the field. He never did that. Other than 1-2 throws per game. Defenses learned real quick how to stop Trent and he never figured out how to beat them. By early this yearm his confidence was sot and with it... his starters job.

If sports writers in other towns are saying Trent is all that... my guess is they've never really seen him play and are completely unaware of the Bills team. What a shock.

My guess is they seen our current O-line play and used some common sense in determining its hard to stretch the field or anything else with the Defense storming down on you constantly. Fitz is extremely good at quick decision making, improvising and running with the ball and still struggled behind our O-line.

In my opinion Fitz and TE are both good QB's and behind a more established/experienced O-line both of them could succeed in the NFL. (I also like Brohm)

Ryan Fitpatrick has now won 9 of his last 12 NFL starts

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well if the candidate can't discern the reality of Trent's limited game -- then the candidate is disqualified

I don't know who it was. I can speculate being in the DC area who it was. But this may also be the problem when fans who tend to be very vocal, loud and obtuse think they know more than NFL coaches.

My guess is they seen our current O-line play and used some common sense in determining its hard to stretch the field or anything else with the Defense storming down on you constantly. Fitz is extremely good at quick decision making, improvising and running with the ball and still struggled behind our O-line.

In my opinion Fitz and TE are both good QB's and behind a more established/experienced O-line both of them could succeed in the NFL. (I also like Brohm)

Ryan Fitpatrick has now won 9 of his last 12 NFL starts

Brohm is better than those two; he can/will be great

Guest dog14787
Brohm is better than those two; he can/will be great

Its very possible,

I like Brohms arm strength/accuracy and the composure he displayed in his first start with zero NFL experience and just a few weeks to learn a new offense.

Based on what? He was terrible. He couldn't even make the emergency Qb for GB. What have you seen with your wonderful, NFL knowledgable eyes that everyone else is missing.

I saw most of his college games and saw a little of GB pre-season.

According to Schefter, Cowher is clearly not coming to Buffalo.

“I wouldn’t have reported what I did unless I felt entirely comfortable with it,” Schefter told me. “Too many reliable people have told me that, as much respect as Bill Cowher has for Ralph Wilson, it’s not the right opportunity at the right time.”

Schefter told me t it wasn’t matter of finances either.

“Money would not have been the issue,” Schefter said. “Buffalo was willing to step up, from everything I’ve been told, just as they were willing to step up for Mike Shanahan. When people accept life-changing jobs, it’s usually a gut feeling, and the sense I’ve gotten is that it didn’t feel like the right job at the right time for Cowher.”

“But whatever it is, he will not be the Bills coach next season — that I’m confident in.”

Schefter said that because of his tweet Sunday he’s seen plenty of hostility among Bills fans.

“A number of Bills fans have sent me negative tweets, asking what I have against the city,” Schefter said. “Absolutely nothing. I really like Buffalo and have enjoyed every one of my many visits there.”

“I’m just doing my job. And my job has allowed me to gather information that says Cowher is not going to be coaching the Bills.”

He also was told me the Bills have tried to land Cowher more than once since initially showing interest.

“I honestly think the Bills made multiple efforts to try to convince Cowher to come to Buffalo,” Schefter said. “It just didn’t work out. Kudos to them for trying — they did the right thing.”

Finally, I asked if he thought there was a chance talks could pick up in the next few days, and if Cowher to Buffalo was truly “dead”?

He said, “As Drew Rosenhaus would say, Next question.”

Are you sure?

“Correct. Confirmed. Comfortable.”

http://www.buffalosportsdaily.com/2010/01/...iew/#more-12393

According to Schefter, Cowher is clearly not coming to Buffalo.

“I wouldn’t have reported what I did unless I felt entirely comfortable with it,” Schefter told me. “Too many reliable people have told me that, as much respect as Bill Cowher has for Ralph Wilson, it’s not the right opportunity at the right time.”

Schefter told me t it wasn’t matter of finances either.

“Money would not have been the issue,” Schefter said. “Buffalo was willing to step up, from everything I’ve been told, just as they were willing to step up for Mike Shanahan. When people accept life-changing jobs, it’s usually a gut feeling, and the sense I’ve gotten is that it didn’t feel like the right job at the right time for Cowher.”

“But whatever it is, he will not be the Bills coach next season — that I’m confident in.”

Schefter said that because of his tweet Sunday he’s seen plenty of hostility among Bills fans.

“A number of Bills fans have sent me negative tweets, asking what I have against the city,” Schefter said. “Absolutely nothing. I really like Buffalo and have enjoyed every one of my many visits there.”

“I’m just doing my job. And my job has allowed me to gather information that says Cowher is not going to be coaching the Bills.”

He also was told me the Bills have tried to land Cowher more than once since initially showing interest.

“I honestly think the Bills made multiple efforts to try to convince Cowher to come to Buffalo,” Schefter said. “It just didn’t work out. Kudos to them for trying — they did the right thing.”

Finally, I asked if he thought there was a chance talks could pick up in the next few days, and if Cowher to Buffalo was truly “dead”?

He said, “As Drew Rosenhaus would say, Next question.”

Are you sure?

“Correct. Confirmed. Comfortable.”

http://www.buffalosportsdaily.com/2010/01/...iew/#more-12393

that's Pat Moran at his finest. nothing new. Shefter

I want to hear this from Cowher. didn't shefter or another "insider" also claim Cowher was a "lock" to coach in 2010 - I want shefter to tell us where Cowher will be coaching, or have a real investigative journalist call and ask Cowher point blank to comment on his relation to the Bills search per RW's suggestion to JW.

that's Pat Moran at his finest. nothing new. Shefter

I want to hear this from Cowher. didn't shefter or another "insider" also claim Cowher was a "lock" to coach in 2010 - I want shefter to tell us where Cowher will be coaching, or have a real investigative journalist call and ask Cowher point blank to comment on his relation to the Bills search per RW's suggestion to JW.

Pat Moran also reported that Cowher is not talking to anyone about the coaching situation, so Shefter's speculation comes from where? Moran can't reconcile that disconnect

Even if this is all true (no reason to believe it isn't) are you telling me that Moran had access to Schefter and didn't even get any other info on the coaching search from him other than this? No wonder this guy can't make the big leagues.

This is how I know Joe Logan is hallucinating from this quote right here:

I spoke tonight with my source (who by the way owes me a genny cream when this is over) and apparently there is some heated discussions going on at one bills drive.

The scream ale?!?! :blink:

a coach is very important....BUT...

IT'S ALL ABOUT TALENT !!....here are PRO BOWL players by TEAM.

1. St. Louis (1-15) - 1

2. Detroit (2-14) - 0

3. Tampa Bay (3-13) - 0

4. Washington (4-12) - 1

5. Kansas City (4-12) - 0

6. Seattle (5-11) - 0

7. Cleveland (5-11) - 2

8. Oakland (5-11) - 2

9. Buffalo (6-10) - 1

10/11. Chicago (7-9) - 1

10/11. Jacksonville (7-9) - 1

12. Miami (7-9) - 1

13. San Francisco (8-8) - 3

14. Denver (8-8) - 5

15. New York Giants (8-8) - 1

16/17. Carolina (8-8) - 2

16/17. Tennessee (8-8) - 1

18. Pittsburgh (9-7) - 2

19/20. Atlanta (9-7) - 4

19/20. Houston (9-7) - 4

21. Cincinnati (10-6) - 0

22. New England (10-6) - 5

23. Green Bay (11-5) - 4

24. Philadelphia (11-5) - 6

25. Baltimore (9-7) - 5

26. New York Jets (9-7) - 4

27. Arizona (10-6) - 4

28. Dallas (11-5) - 6

29. Minnesota (12-4) - 8

30. New Orleans (13-3) - 5

31. San Diego (13-3) - 5

32. Indianapolis (14-2) - 6

ALL YOU COWHER SUPPORTERS...it ain't over til it's over......

BILLIEVER'S - TIME TO TAKE IT UP A NOTCH

By JOE LOGAN (1/13/2010 11:27:46 PM)

Let the nay-sayers and haters wallow in the mud with their Long Island pal Schefter and let the Billiever's rock and roll. Time to take it up a notch.

I spoke tonight with my source (who by the way owes me a genny cream when this is over) and apparently there is some heated discussions going on at one bills drive. The message to me was that R&R are getting internal pressure to make Cowher the offer he can't refuse. Final decision on player moves and a commitment to pay for players.

The concern within is that Ralph and Russ are not pursuing Cowher with the amount of urgency that the situation deserves. Privately they are also concerned that Brandon and new GM Buddy Nix may not have the experience needed to be able to recognize the potential of a coordinator or college coach with no head coaching experience. Hence the reason they are suggesting a more aggressive pitch for Cowher who has the proven track record.

None of that is good news, however I was also told that Buffalo Fan Factor is having an effect on the happenings on both sides of the table and the suggestion to me was to see if we could really take it up a notch, and fast!

What have we got to lose folks? Let's do our part. Let's go all in for the Chin.

Here is the plan. I'm asking that everyone interested in doing their part to try to land Cowher write two HANDWRITTEN letters. One to Ralph Wilson and one to Bill Cowher. Tell Ralph why it is important to you that we get Coach Cowher. Draft a second letter to Cowher telling him why you think he should come to Buffalo. Put them both in a single envelope addressed to EastAurora.Org PO Box 125 East Aurora, New York 14052. I know I can get the message directly to Ralph and I will do everything in my power to deliver them to Coach Cowher, even if I have to drive down to Raleigh to do it.

Please try to get all of your letters out by this weekend.

I don't know what Schefter knows and why he says what he says about Cowher. But I believe if we can get hundreds or maybe thousands of handwritten letters hand delivered to him it might just be enough to sway him and tip the scales in our favors.

I'm all in on this until I hear Coach C say he is out. If that happens, we move on. Better to do what we can to help the cause than to just sit back and expect the worst and then complain after the fact. Isn't it?

The concern within is that Ralph and Russ are not pursuing Cowher with the amount of urgency that the situation deserves. Privately they are also concerned that Brandon and new GM Buddy Nix may not have the experience needed to be able to recognize the potential of a coordinator or college coach with no head coaching experience. Hence the reason they are suggesting a more aggressive pitch for Cowher who has the proven track record.

None of that is good news, however I was also told that Buffalo Fan Factor is having an effect on the happenings on both sides of the table and the suggestion to me was to see if we could really take it up a notch, and fast!

What have we got to lose folks? Let's do our part. Let's go all in for the Chin.

I know I can get the message directly to Ralph and I will do everything in my power to deliver them to Coach Cowher, even if I have to drive down to Raleigh to do it.

What concerns me most of this statement is that we now have chosen a GM and CEO that we are concerned are not able to evaluate a coordinatior or college coach about ability to become an NFL head coach. YIKES!!!!! What the heck will happen when its time to bring in players etc. Is NIX GM in name only and without Cowher here leading draft etc we end up wit a bunch of Maybins and Whitners again?

BTW if ye need the letters delivered in raleigh I will volunteer to drive them up to Cowher's house, he doesnt live that far away and I can have my car all decorated with bills stuff when the delivery occurs.

If we dont get Chin this screams for Marty, Marty come and save us :-)

What concerns me most of this statement is that we now have chosen a GM and CEO that we are concerned are not able to evaluate a coordinatior or college coach about ability to become an NFL head coach. YIKES!!!!! What the heck will happen when its time to bring in players etc. Is NIX GM in name only and without Cowher here leading draft etc we end up wit a bunch of Maybins and Whitners again?

I'm thinking the same thing. Yeeeesh!

"None of that is good news, however I was also told that Buffalo Fan Factor is having an effect on the happenings on both sides of the table and the suggestion to me was to see if we could really take it up a notch, and fast!"

This is a concern, given the rash of witless threads and posts here from what appears to be pre-teen noobies flooding the board. I haven't hand-written a letter in years, but if J-Lo's post about Brandon and Mix carry any merit, it's worth a shot -given my desperation to see this franchise turn around.

Joe Logan wants handwritten letters but an email campaign directed at OBD would be just as effective and quicker.

We should deluge OBD with emails about the Cowher offer/hire.

I can't find an email address on their website. Does anyone know Brandon's email?