Sully's Article

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

REALLY? Need I remind you that the NFL has been littered with the corpses of outstanding college coaches who have done nothing as head coaches... and his article doesn't even mention Billick!

NO, Sullivan is trying to find someone who will POTENTIALLY make our offense better, who had a great one at Stanford. Stanford is not the NFL, and as history shows us, only people with proven NFL coaching experience win championships.

Bobby Petrino

Lou Holtz

Steve Spurrier

Nick Saban

Dennis Erickson

Butch Davis

Rich Brooks

You're forgetting pig faced satan, otherwise a pretty good list.

Actually I'd say he does have our best interests at heart... Considering the way he rails on ralph for the MICKEY EFFING MOUSE way he run this organization. As far as I am concerned he is the afans' best friend.

Regarding Harbaugh, he makes a compelling case. I'd like to se him interviewed if we don't get Cowher. Anybody that can turn Toby Gerhart into a Heisman contender is a gifted coach. And I gotta think it's just a matter of time until this guy lands a job and does well.

i'd never take anyone that sullivan recommends - he's not a bills fan - never will be - he does not have the best interest of the bills in anything that spews from his negatuve, venemous scratchings

i'd never take anyone that sullivan recommends - he's not a bills fan - never will be - he does not have the best interest of the bills in anything that spews from his negatuve, venemous scratchings

I agree 100%. Every article he ever writes has a negative tone to it. He is a chronic complainer. He's like a little kid screaming about something. He needs a good slap in the face if you ask me. (Don't monitor my parenting skills. I Don't have kids yet.) I always said this about Sullivan. He never played a sport in his life, but he can comment on them and criticize every move without ever have making a move himself. Look at the guy, he couldn't run a mile without dropping dead.

Jim Harbaugh may have a lot of football experience, but for the same reason why he does not want Buddy Nix as our GM, You would think he would feel the same way about finding a coach. Look for one. One that is proven in the NFL. Look for someone that not only has experience, but someone that is a person that commands people well. We need a great motivator, someone that has coached in bad weather conditions, someone who scares the hell out of people. Whom do you think that guy is. Cowher of course. If we cant get him, we need to really do our homework here. I know I wouldn't leave the keys to the car to a guy that just got his permit.

Who says Harbaugh is interested in the Bills? I cannot see him walking out on the Stanford program for this mess when he's the next big thing in college with an eye towards Ann Harbor the moment RichRod flames out.

IIRC, Michigan is not enthralled with Harbaugh at the moment after making a negative comment within the past couple of years.

Besides, why would any university grab such a respected level headed coach like Harbaugh when they could just as easily grab the "shuper shpectactular" Mike Leach.

IIRC, Michigan is not enthralled with Harbaugh at the moment after making a negative comment within the past couple of years.

I follow college ball pretty closely, and I've heard nothing of bad blood between Harbaugh and his alma mater. To the contrary, all the buzz I've read from Michigan is that if/when Rodriguez bombs out this coming season it's all but assured Harbaugh's back in Ann Harbor next year to lead the Wolverines.

I follow college ball pretty closely, and I've heard nothing of bad blood between Harbaugh and his alma mater. To the contrary, all the buzz I've read from Michigan is that if/when Rodriguez bombs out this coming season it's all but assured Harbaugh's back in Ann Harbor next year to lead the Wolverines.

Not exactly earth shattering (and Harbaugh is correct), but I do not think a university wants to hire somebody that has criticized their program.

Linky 1

Linky 2

Then again, throw enough money at him, Harbaugh may admit he was "wrong".

Not exactly earth shattering (and Harbaugh is correct), but I do not think a university wants to hire somebody that has criticized their program.

Linky 1

Linky 2

Then again, throw enough money at him, Harbaugh may admit he was "wrong".

Why would he admit he's wrong when what he said was the truth?

Really nothing earth shattering. NCAA student atheletes in the big 2 sports are a joke and everyone knows it. That might hurt the feelings of someone at UM but I doubt it would stand between Harbaugh getting the job (assuming it comes open and both parties are interested).

Another piece of work from the master. Sullivan kind of reminds me of Cliff Clavin from Cheers.

You know him, the guy who thinks he knows everything about everything and always offers up his

advice even when your not the least bit interested. Sitting behind his beer at the bar, he is now the

local expert on the Buffalo Bills. In his fantasy world, he is both owner and GM. He has the answer

for everything. It's always easy to find his article by looking just at the title. "The bills should do this....."

or "The bills are wrong about this..." In his perfect little fantasy world he would be consulted on all matters.

He would be the inside guy privy to all matters. Unfortionately, he is the guy on the outside looking in and

feels compelled to set things straight with his daily rants.

How many of those guys you mentioned have had a 14 year career as an NFL quarterback? Since Cowher isn't coming here, the Bills would be lucky to get a guy like Jim Harbaugh to come here. He's a slam dunk for being a successful NFL head coach. Think of it as getting Jeff Fischer or Bill Cowher as a rookie NFL head coach.

There is NO SUCH THING as a slam dunk.... EVER.

Not hard to be right when you criticize every move of a team that hasnt made the playoffs in 10 years,

True, but that doesn't make him any less right. I really don't understand the hostility toward Sullivan in these parts. He's been calling BS on Ralphie and his boys for the last decade, and I think the only time he's been wrong was when he was caught up in the exuberance of last year's 4-0 mirage.

REALLY? Need I remind you that the NFL has been littered with the corpses of outstanding college coaches who have done nothing as head coaches... and his article doesn't even mention Billick!

NO, Sullivan is trying to find someone who will POTENTIALLY make our offense better, who had a great one at Stanford. Stanford is not the NFL, and as history shows us, only people with proven NFL coaching experience win championships.

Bobby Petrino

Lou Holtz

Steve Spurrier

Nick Saban

Dennis Erickson

Butch Davis

Rich Brooks

Barry Switzer.

It's always easy to find his article by looking just at the title. "The bills should do this....."

or "The bills are wrong about this..."

Last I checked, that's what the News pays him to do. I guess you would prefer a homer who cheers on Ralphie's every godawful move.

It is very simple. We have so much invested in this team that many fans can't accept the reality that we have a senile doddering old fool for an owner and he makes senile doddering, foolish decisions. So when someone who is free to be objective points out the obvious, they attack. They'll tell it's because he's not a good writer or that he know football, but it's really just that acknowledging the truth drives home just what a futile exercise it is to be a Bills fan. It is CLASSIC shoot-the-messenger stuff, and it's shame, because the guy does have some connections and some insights [/quote name=mannc' date='Jan 5 2010, 12:18 PM' post='1695324]

True, but that doesn't make him any less right. I really don't understand the hostility toward Sullivan in these parts. He's been calling BS on Ralphie and his boys for the last decade, and I think the only time he's been wrong was when he was caught up in the exuberance of last year's 4-0 mirage.

Last I checked, that's what the News pays him to do. I guess you would prefer a homer who cheers on Ralphie's every godawful move.

Defending Ralph? Hardly! I wish he would sell the team, providing he found a buyer who would keep the team in WNY.

I was simply giving my opinion of Jerry.

Who says Harbaugh is interested in the Bills? I cannot see him walking out on the Stanford program for this mess when he's the next big thing in college with an eye towards Ann Harbor the moment RichRod flames out.

I doubt he will ever be the coach at michigan. He said some deragatory things about their admissions/academic standards & even though he is one of their own, the boosters at the big house do not take too kindly to words like that.

Defending Ralph? Hardly! I wish he would sell the team, providing he found a buyer who would keep the team in WNY.

I was simply giving my opinion of Jerry.

I didn't accuse you of defending Ralph. I accused you of trashing Sullivan because he has the guts and independence to call a turd a turd.

I didn't accuse you of defending Ralph. I accused you of trashing Sullivan because he has the guts and independence to call a turd a turd.

Calling a turd a turd is one thing. Pretending to know all the answers is another.

It's always the same schtick. Always "I know what's best for the Bills." Always the same tired old slant.

Calling someone a turd everyday for the last decade gets old.