Time for Kelly to Step up and Sell Cowher on Bills

Depends on the reason for Cowher's hesitancy, if there is any. IF Buddy and company believe there is hesitancy based on the city or commitment to winning, then yea, Jimbo could help and the time is now. But if they think it's a money issue, Jimbo will not be of any help, now or ever.

Depends on the reason for Cowher's hesitancy, if there is any. IF Buddy and company believe there is hesitancy based on the city or commitment to winning, then yea, Jimbo could help and the time is now. But if they think it's a money issue, Jimbo will not be of any help, now or ever.

I don't think I have heard anywhere that money is the issue, it's whether he feels Buffalo is the place for him to make his return to coaching or not.

Looks like the Bills are seriously trying this time to land a big name coach. If Cowher doesn't come to Buffalo because of money, then it means he really doesn't want to come here (that's if Ralph is really offering up to $10 mil a year).

Look the money is there, he will hire his entire staff and have a lot of say over the roster with Nix. If he doesn't want to come the bottom line is he wants nothing to do with the organization period. There is no way around this

I honestly believe that Buffalo as an organization is doing everything it can to land Bill Cowher. They hired Buddy Nix as GM who while a competent hire is an in house guy and when Nix took the job he was likely told that if they brought in Cowher he would have influence in player personnel decisions. So they have a GM who Cowher can work with.

Money doesn't to me seem like an issue here. Ralph knows that if he pays Cowher 10 million a year over 4 or 5 years the season ticket sales generated for the upcoming seasons would pay that salary and then some. I don't think the weather seems to be an issue with Cowher either he coached in a cold weather city before. I think Ralph is willing to pay to hire all of the guys Cowher would want to bring in and Nix just dismissed all of the current staff so any coach is likely to have his guys there.

It just feels like its up to Cowher if he wants this team or not. Does Cowher want to come back and coach or not? And if he does, does he want to do it in a rebuilding situation? I just don't think it has anything to do with the organizational side of things at all. It seems like Nix, Brandon, and Ralph have done all the right things as far as making Cowher feel like the money is there and he has the backing of the organization if he comes in.

Time for Jim to step up and recruit Cowher for us and sell Western NY and the Bills and all it has to offer. Do whatever it takes Jimbo.... Thurman, you too can wake up and help us here as we Bills fans do need a break.

WTF are a couple of former players who couldn't win the Super Bowl going to say to a coach who has a ring that would convince him to come here.

"Hey, we have great fans". Really, so does every other team in the league.

Bill Cowher is in no need for extra money. If he wants to come he will come.

Cowher has already given up three years worth of HUGE multimillion dollar coaching contracts.

If he doesn't take the Bills job (if it's offered) and the NFL takes a year break in 2011, that will be 5 years worth of multimillion dollar coaching contracts he missed out on.

Let's say that he would have averaged 8 million dollars a year. That's 40 million dollars that he'll never get back.

So he gets back into the game in 2012 five years after he left and his star not as bright so he has to settle for 5 million a year or less but a team that he feels more comfortable with?

You may say that he doesn't need extra money, but this guy is still young and he should be piggy banking these hefty multimillion dollar contracts now so that he can retire comfortably and still be young enough to enjoy the dough. You can't tell me he made that much money with the Steelers that he can just sit back year after year without a care in the world. If he turns down the Bills and goes back to CBS then he's just plain stupid and maybe shouldn't be the head coach of the Bills anyways.

Time for Jim to step up and recruit Cowher for us and sell Western NY and the Bills and all it has to offer. Do whatever it takes Jimbo.... Thurman, you too can wake up and help us here as we Bills fans do need a break.

It won't make a difference. If Cowher doesn't want to come to Buffalo, as it appears he doesn't (as well as several others), getting a phone call from a couple retired players isn't going to change his mind. Maybe if the Bills had Jim and Thurman in their prime, it might be different, but two Hall of Fame greats can't all of a sudden fill a roster with talent and turn an over the hill, tight wad owner into the owner he was 25 years ago.