Mangini to be Fired

box0life

I don't know how great of an idea that is. The Browns won their last 4 games in a rebuilding year, the shows something is finally clicking. And with a team that has bigger QB problems than the Bills. I can understand Holmgren wanting to start over from scratch, but I think Mangini has earned a chance at a second year

Holy cow, really? I look at Mangini getting hired by Cleveland and wonder what the heck they were thinking. What did anyone see in this guy after his NY experience? He's really milked the associaion with Belichick IMO. Browns must agree if they launch him.

This is not good. If Holmgren didn't think he could get Cowher he would not get rid of Mangini, especially the way the Browns finished the year with four straight wins. Remember, Cowher played and coached for the Browns before going to Pittsburgh, and would be a natural fit in that town.

Exactly. It's a natural fit. He'd jump at Cleveland over Buffalo.

Holmgren is going to have to get a great coach if he wants to succeed there; he'll hire Cowher and share as much personnel power with Cowher as Cowher seeks.

Sorry, guys. Cowher's going to be a Brown.

marty mornhinweg(sp?) would make a lot of sense in Cleveland with holmgren running things there now.

Did anyone see the ESPN the magazine article this week that analyzed all of the current assistant coaches against statsitics from previous coaching hired and "annointed" Marty Morningweig as the next great coach. Interesting read and seems like he has learned a lot.

Did anyone see the ESPN the magazine article this week that analyzed all of the current assistant coaches against statsitics from previous coaching hired and "annointed" Marty Morningweig as the next great coach. Interesting read and seems like he has learned a lot.

Very interesting read. As a Bills fan, I just want the right guy for the job. If I haven't heard of him, so be it.

I'd love to see the response to Morningweig though!

Exactly. It's a natural fit. He'd jump at Cleveland over Buffalo.

Holmgren is going to have to get a great coach if he wants to succeed there; he'll hire Cowher and share as much personnel power with Cowher as Cowher seeks.

Sorry, guys. Cowher's going to be a Brown.

I remember when he left Pittsburgh, at one point the Browns offered him their head job.....He said that he couldn't do that to the Steelers - after all their loyalty, to go to their bitterest rival.

I remember when he left Pittsburgh, at one point the Browns offered him their head job.....He said that he couldn't do that to the Steelers - after all their loyalty, to go to their bitterest rival.

Agreed.

Holmgren will bring his WC buddies to Cleveland with Marty Mohenwig being the prime candidate. Also look for Jim Zorn to be their OC after he is fired by Washington tomorrow. The three of them together will try to salvage Brady Quinns career in Cleveland.

Whipped??? You forget the refs handed him the SB over Holmgren's Seahawks.

I worked for the Seahawks that year (drumline) and was at the game. Hawks got some bad calls, but choked. 4 dropped passes by TE Jeremy Stevens. Blown clock management at end of both halves which we never did during the season. And 2 missed FGs in a dome. Not to mention blown defenses on the two long plays. Refs didn't help us, but we shot ourselves in the foot badly.

Cowher isn't going to Cleveland. Cleveland will likely take a Coordinator or a retread off the Holmgren coaching tree. I think that Cowher wants a GM he can work with rather then a GM who answers to a football czar in Mike Holmgren. Also even if it came down to Buffalo or Cleveland I wouldn't doubt that Buffalo is a better fit.

Now is Cleveland a better roster for Cowher yes (Better O-line and a 3-4 D). BUT Cowher can mold Buffalo whose roster isn't terrible into the team he wants from the ground up and he doesn't have to worry about battling for control with anyone in the organization. I think that Holmgrens presence in the organization is one that will drive Cowher away from Cleveland. Also Cowhere might not want to play his Steelers 2 times a year.

Also, according to that site:

FootballCoachScoop has learned that the Bills have named Buddy Nix (Director of College Scouting) as their next G.M. Russ Brandon will be promoted from General Manager to Team President and CEO. On November 4, FootballCoachScoop was the FIRST TO REPORT Brandon's promotion to Team President and CEO.

:thumbsup: