Best of Luck Perry

bigskyfan

Congratulations on your win today Perry and for having the team ready to play. You won three games with a bunch of guys that should be in street clothes instead of football uniforms. While you most likely won't be with the Bills next year, thank you for staying and fighting when the team could have mailed it in seven games ago. You proved you have a lot of moxie to get these guys ready to play......if only we had your enthusiasm from the front office.

At the same time, thank you for taking that crappy cover 2 scheme with you on the way out. It is going to really hard in the AFC East to not stop the Run and win. We have been horrible in stopping the run and the injuries have nothing to do with it. The schemes repeatedly put the LBs out of position to stop plays from going for long gains.

Congratulations on your win today Perry and for having the team ready to play. You won three games with a bunch of guys that should be in street clothes instead of football uniforms. While you most likely won't be with the Bills next year, thank you for staying and fighting when the team could have mailed it in seven games ago. You proved you have a lot of moxie to get these guys ready to play......if only we had your enthusiasm from the front office.

Yes, good luck going back to being a defensive backs coach. It's a lot easier to hide incompetent coaching on the defensive side of the ball. Make no mistake, Fewell is as bad as the OC's that left or were fired before him. Only got the job here because Dick Jauron couldn't attract a more qualified assistant.

At least he can say that at one point he was a branch on the Dick Jauron HC coaching tree.

The way Perry's defense got picked apart against Indy's starting offense reminded me of why he shouldn't be DC anymore, let alone HC. Now our Defensive Backs coach should feel pretty damn safe right now, IMO.

I think, also, that we need to call attention to our piss-poor Special Teams this season. Talk about an IMPLOSION!.

I agree and give the Bills coaches and players a character award as well. I have seen this team run for the bus more than once under similar circumstances. To their great credit they didn't run for the bus this time. I do think he has a good chance of being a Head Coach somewhere some day.

At the same time, thank you for taking that crappy cover 2 scheme with you on the way out. It is going to really hard in the AFC East to not stop the Run and win. We have been horrible in stopping the run and the injuries have nothing to do with it. The schemes repeatedly put the LBs out of position to stop plays from going for long gains.

Amen .... if it was not for that :thumbsup: scheme I would actually say that Fewell deserves strong consideration for the job. Problem is that if he stays so does that :beer: defense. It needs to go and it will take Fewell with it.

Let's not forget he is taking his franchise record 28 interceptions(and 2nd in the NFL to only the Packers with 30 this year) with him as well...

Be careful what you ask for because you just might get it...

The DEFENCE is not the problem, It actual kept them from fighting St. Louis for the #1 pick.

The Offence is the problem, you can't win games if you can't score points.

The 2009 Bills had one of the worst rushing defenses in the HISTORY of the NFL....

And thank you for giving undersized linebackers like Keith Ellison who would be backup players on other teams the opportunity to be a full-time starter right here in Buffalo

Equal opportunity employment for undersized linebackers

Way to Go Perry!! Keith Ellison thanks you!

The Tampa 2 works in warm weather climates or dome stadiums, not cold weather cities. I like Perry, but I'll be glad to see the Tampa 2 done away with in Buffalo.

Perry has moved his career forward a lot in Buffalo. He was a releatively unknown assistant in Chicago before Jauron hired him. He's got a lot to put on his resume and that should serve him well. Being a likeable guy doesn't hurt either. Best of luck to him.

The Tampa 2 works in warm weather climates or dome stadiums, not cold weather cities. I like Perry, but I'll be glad to see the Tampa 2 done away with in Buffalo.

It asn't bad in Chicago, they were in teh Super Bowl with it.

As for the rushing defence, yes, they did give up alot of yards on the ground, but they stopped teams when it counts, and the most important fact is they kept teams out of the endzone, the only stat worth a damn. I believe they said in this game when the offence scored more then 17 points they were something like 5-2.

They also had a defense that ranked in the top 5 in every defensive passing category except sacks

They had a team high in interceptions thanks to Byrd. Aside from that, their pass defense was decent, but they were never really tested. They ended up top 5 this year in many stats because teams didn't need to pass to beat them.

They had a team high in interceptions thanks to Byrd. Aside from that, their pass defense was decent, but they were never really tested. They ended up top 5 this year in many stats because teams didn't need to pass to beat them.

They played some high powered passing offenses. Why are people afraid to give any credit to any bright spots on this team? The Saints, for example, would have loved to blow out the Bills in the air but couldn't.

They played some high powered passing offenses. Why are people afraid to give any credit to any bright spots on this team? The Saints, for example, would have loved to blow out the Bills in the air but couldn't.

They rushed for over 200 yards and did blow out the Bills...again, the pass D was okay, but it isn't like anybody game planned to pass the ball against us, they didn't have to.