Official Week 17 Game thread vs. Colts

justnzane

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You are certainly entitled to your opinion, Doc. I don't think there's much upside to starting Brohm considering his lack of experience with the starters and all the changes that are coming in the off season. Let's see Brohm next year after the dust settles and he has a better chance of succeeding.

Give him a full training camp to earn a starting job and show us what he has

And Doc may want to start a separate thread on Brohm so we can all chime in

Parish has turned punt returns into an adventure this year. Not sure about his contract, but would suspect he's not back next year.

Hopefully the contract is not so horrible we can't eat it.

Funny that this year was supposed to be an afterthought in TO's career but he'll have hit 1,000 receptions and passed Tim Brown as a Bill.

Fitzpatrick is retarding the development of who? Brohm?---the guy who just showed up a few weeks ago? you think putting Brohm out there today would have made any impact on his "development" next year, because it's....snowing?

Just plain silly.

Any playing time is better than no playing time. And Fitzpatrick is what he is. What's "silly" is saying that playing Brohm is pointless.

Look, this team has had no real chance for far longer than they have been mathematically eliminated from the playoffs. Knowing this (don't claim therwise), why didn't you come out weeks ago advocating they tank the rest of the season? Why not shoot for the number 1 or 2 pick?

Thanks to STL, KC, Detroit, and TB, the Bills never realistically had a shot at the 1st or 2nd overall pick. Not that I'd want them to pick that high this year, since there's no great player available, outside of maybe Suh.

Regardless of what the Colts did, the Bills could and should have started Brohm. Or at least played him in the 2nd half. I think I'm more pissed about that than anything else. And looking at the standings, there's a chance that the win doesn't even drop them down in the draft order.

I still don't understand the fascination with Brohm. Exactly how many practice squad QBs have ended up having all-pro careers? If he had that much promise the coaches would have found a way to get him in. This is valuable snow-game experience for Fitz and quite the confidence builder. You need that in a backup.

Problem is Lynch doesn't seem to fit the bill of "change of pace" back.

Jackson has outstanding vision, quick feet, great instincts, and a lunchpail attitude. Considering that Lynch is the exact opposite of this he's the perfect change of pace back. :thumbsup:

You are certainly entitled to your opinion, Doc. I don't think there's much upside to starting Brohm considering his lack of experience with the starters and all the changes that are coming in the off season. Let's see Brohm next year after the dust settles and he has a better chance of succeeding.

And the upside of starting Fitzpatrick is...? Those who laughably claimed that Brohm would be injured or hindered by starting last weekend were woefully wrong. And even if you think that Fewell was right to start Fitz, there is no excuse for not giving Brohm the start in the 2nd half, with the team winning 24-7.

I think they should take Freddie out. It would be a shame if he got injured at this point.

Put in the backup.

HA! McIntyre gets a carry! Out of a single set, even! Guess the Bills brass FINALLY noticed that Lynch sucks.