Mike Martz is the BEST available Head Coach

Chuckknox

Kurt Warner often spent weekends with Martz, eating and sleeping together while looking at film to perfect Warner's form. Martz is best known as the offensive coordinator behind the St. Louis Rams high-powered 1999 team that won the Super Bowl. As a head coach in the NFL Martz was 56-36 in 5 1/3 seasons as the St. Louis Rams head coach. He won two division titles, had four playoff berths including a NFC championship and a trip to Super Bowl XXXVI.

He can build a team & QB. He would also be VERY eager to prove he is still a great coach. He would be reasonable on the $$$ and may be able to build a dynasty again - he did it once.

He has the best track record of any of these coaches. Who cares about his personality (would you rather have a 'nice' coach like DJ) ? He is a winner and a very good coach when he has control of the team.

Give this man his desired chance, he will prove it.

Great. Dick Vermeil builds the team, takes it to a SB victory, walks away, hands the keys to Martz who runs the team into the ground. Even if you're plans include building a domed stadium in Buffalo :thumbdown: Martz isn't the kind of HC candidate I'm looking at and sayin', "Yeah!"

Martz is not the best option for Buffalo because of the climate Ralph Wilson Stadium has to deal with. I would rank Martz even behind Schottenheimer Jr. The order I would rank the coaching options is:

Cowher

Billick

Rivera

Option 4 - TBD

Option 5 - TBD

Haslett

Schottenheimer Jr

Martz

Great. Dick Vermeil builds the team, takes it to a SB victory, walks away, hands the keys to Martz who runs the team into the ground. Even if you're plans include building a domed stadium in Buffalo :thumbdown: Martz isn't the kind of HC candidate I'm looking at and sayin', "Yeah!"

I kind of like the idea of Bill Billick as HC. He certainly has the record as proof that he knows how to assemble a top notch staff. I still like Norm Chow (current OC at UCLA) anybody who is credited with developing the likes of Jim McMahon, Steve Young, Ty Detmer, Philip Rivers, Carson Palmer, and Matt Leinart, surely can develop and lead a Bills offense. Not too mention turning around that putrid UCLA offense.

Defensively, I have no problem retaining Fewell as DC. I like his aggressive philosophy. That he runs a Tampa 2, and a 4-3 is really insignificant. If Billick believes he has the players for a 4-3 or 3-4, that is what will be run. I think given a competent group of players, he can have the bills defense ranked in the top 10 in no time. Of course if Fewell does not have the knowledge to run either, than OFF WITH HIS HEAD. Get somebody else...like Rivera or Haslett. I really like the job Sean McDermott is doing in his first year at Philly. DC and assistant HC might be required to lure him away though. The combination of these three, IMHO give Buffalo the best chance of success in the shortest possible time.

Kurt Warner often spent weekends with Martz, eating and sleeping together while looking at film to perfect Warner's form. Martz is best known as the offensive coordinator behind the St. Louis Rams high-powered 1999 team that won the Super Bowl. As a head coach in the NFL Martz was 56-36 in 5 1/3 seasons as the St. Louis Rams head coach. He won two division titles, had four playoff berths including a NFC championship and a trip to Super Bowl XXXVI.

He can build a team & QB. He would also be VERY eager to prove he is still a great coach. He would be reasonable on the $$$ and may be able to build a dynasty again - he did it once.

He has the best track record of any of these coaches. Who cares about his personality (would you rather have a 'nice' coach like DJ) ? He is a winner and a very good coach when he has control of the team.

Martz inherited a team from Vermeil. Vermeil helped build the greatest show on turf, not Martz.

As if often the case with sub-par coaches, they take an excellent product and eventually run it into the ground. The Rams also deteriorated under Martz's watch, and he was eventually chased out of St. Louis.

As a coordinator in San Fran, he was also chased out of 'Frisco.

He is known to be extremely arrogant, and does not mix well with alot of personalities. He was responsible for chasing both Bobby April and London Fletcher out of St. Louis, as well. Those 2 moves proved to be solid for the Bills, but I would not want that guy within 50 miles of OBD.

Next....

Martz inherited a team from Vermeil. Vermeil helped build the greatest show on turf, not Martz.

As if often the case with sub-par coaches, they take an excellent product and eventually run it into the ground. The Rams also deteriorated under Martz's watch, and he was eventually chased out of St. Louis.

As a coordinator in San Fran, he was also chased out of 'Frisco.

He is known to be extremely arrogant, and does not mix well with alot of personalities. He was responsible for chasing both Bobby April and London Fletcher out of St. Louis, as well. Those 2 moves proved to be solid for the Bills, but I would not want that guy within 50 miles of OBD.

Next....

If you don't want the guy, fine. But your loose grasp of the facts weakens your position.

Before Martz showed up Vermeil's Rams sucked. Martz created the offense in 99--Vermeil did not. Before Martz was hired, Warner was a 3rd stringer for Vermeil, who thought he was all set with Banks and Bono.

After Vermeil's tearful goodbye, Martz hardly "ran the team into the ground". They went to the SB in his second year as HC. He led them to the playoffs in 4 of his 5 years. His playoff record was 6-4 (a winning percentage better than Dungy's). The Rams took a dive when Warner broke his finger and turned into a turnover machine when he did play. Faulk was getting run down.

Yes, he couldn't make much of the crap in SF (a team whose offense still sucks, despite dumping Martz).

Didn't the Bills "chase out of town" an OC named Gilbride? How did that work out for both parties? Get it now?

Put down the crack pipe and think for a min.

The guy was fired in St Louis. The thinking was Kurt Warner was washed up and he wanted Marc Bulger, smart move huh!

FIRED in St Louis as head coach

FIRED in Detroit as offensive coordinator

FIRED in San Francisco as offensive coordinator

The guy has been canned in is last three jobs, 2 of which he was merely a coordinator, so how does he qualify for a head coaching job??????????

Talk about a loser, even Jauron thinks Martz stinks :thumbdown:

He was a complete failure as a head coach. Not to mention the fact he's a guy who relies on the passing game, and Nix has said we need a team that isn't built for a dome. WE CAN'T HAVE A PASS-FIRST TEAM! Period. Mike Martz would build the same crap he built elsewhere.

So how did he do in Detroit?

Exactly. Martz sucks.

Based on Nix's comments, Martz would have to convince him that he can do as good a job at building an outdoor team.

Bingo! One of the reasons I am ok with Billick is Baltimore gets damn cold as well, snow and bad weather. He has also seen the up's and downs of the QB situation. With a damn good QB he was great, without one he got fired. So you can bet QB will be #1 on his priority list.

Also he knows the value of a GREAT defense, esp two big assed DT's!

He was a complete failure as a head coach. Not to mention the fact he's a guy who relies on the passing game, and Nix has said we need a team that isn't built for a dome. WE CAN'T HAVE A PASS-FIRST TEAM! Period. Mike Martz would build the same crap he built elsewhere.

So how did he do in Detroit?

Maybe you forget the Bills of '88 through the mid '90's. Yeah, we had Thurmond but we were a predominantly passing team! Maybe we don't have a Kelley on the roster right now but if Brohm or a draft choice QB comes through for us, hey, history often repeats itself, huh?!! :thumbdown:

If you don't want the guy, fine. But your loose grasp of the facts weakens your position.

Before Martz showed up Vermeil's Rams sucked. Martz created the offense in 99--Vermeil did not. Before Martz was hired, Warner was a 3rd stringer for Vermeil, who thought he was all set with Banks and Bono.

After Vermeil's tearful goodbye, Martz hardly "ran the team into the ground". They went to the SB in his second year as HC. He led them to the playoffs in 4 of his 5 years. His playoff record was 6-4 (a winning percentage better than Dungy's). The Rams took a dive when Warner broke his finger and turned into a turnover machine when he did play. Faulk was getting run down.

Yes, he couldn't make much of the crap in SF (a team whose offense still sucks, despite dumping Martz).

Didn't the Bills "chase out of town" an OC named Gilbride? How did that work out for both parties? Get it now?

+1.

That's actually a point for Martz for anyone that has seen a Jauron offense on a football field.

The Jauron offense was from Mike Martz and its the reason he was fired. Steve Fairchild was the OC for Martz in St Louis, then Fairchild trained Schonert and AVP in his crappy scheme. So I'd think Jauron is now of the opinion that Martz offense stinks.