Did Mike Leach really find it necessary

bills44

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

to rip both Adam James and Craig James on ESPN?

Guy comes off like a total POS.

I saw that. Sh*t like that will cost him a job at major university. There is no AD or President who wants to deal with an idiot like that. He's going to have to start all over again at a very low level D1 school (he'll probably be successful). He needs to be put in a shed because his attitude is worse than James or any other cocky player. Mike Leach, Rice is on the phone....OOPS!!!!

Yet if he didn't say what was on his mind people would call him a phony. Honestly Leach is a successful head coach and will have no issues finding a job at a high caliber school OR if he wants to go NFL I think he has a good chance of getting a Offensive Coordinator Job and a very small chance at getting a Head Coaching Job.

Yeah Leach's comments made him look very small time but the guy just doesn't seem to care. I honestly think that Leach's system might be able to work in the NFL and that a team or College is desperate enough to take a chance on what he brings.

I don't agree with Leach ripping them publicly until all the facts are out but I think he was unjustly fired because Adam James is a woos and cried to his dad that he wasn't getting enough playing time. The whole thing got blown out of proportion and it will eventually hurt all the parties involved including Texas Tech the most in the long run.

If anything needed to be handled internally, it would be this situation and it wasn't because the player involved has a media outlet in his house. Adam James needs to be released from the team as well IMO.

I don't agree with Leach ripping them publicly until all the facts are out but I think he was unjustly fired because Adam James is a woos and cried to his dad that he wasn't getting enough playing time. The whole thing got blown out of proportion and it will eventually hurt all the parties involved including Texas Tech the most in the long run.

If anything needed to be handled internally, it would be this situation and it wasn't because the player involved has a media outlet in his house. Adam James needs to be released from the team as well IMO.

for what? having a concussion or complaining about being confined to a shed?

That is pretty much my evaluation as well, looking at the situation as an outsider.

Yet if he didn't say what was on his mind people would call him a phony. Honestly Leach is a successful head coach and will have no issues finding a job at a high caliber school OR if he wants to go NFL I think he has a good chance of getting a Offensive Coordinator Job and a very small chance at getting a Head Coaching Job.

Yeah Leach's comments made him look very small time but the guy just doesn't seem to care. I honestly think that Leach's system might be able to work in the NFL and that a team or College is desperate enough to take a chance on what he brings.

When those players from UT got kicked off the Vols team for robbing a store on campus Lane Kiffen didn't call them criminals. When Urban Meyer kicked Torre Davis off of the Gators this year he didn't call him stupid. You don't call a 20 year old out on national TV, especially the way he did it. I had no problem with his criticism of Craig James though. We all know parents like that, whether you coach or your kid has a teammate who's parent thinks their child is the only out there.

Mike Leach will NOT get a high profile job anytime soon and he's to much of an ego-maniac to be an OC after owning his program for 10 years. It's back to square one, mark my words.

When those players from UT got kicked off the Vols team for robbing a store on campus Lane Kiffen didn't call them criminals. When Urban Meyer kicked Torre Davis off of the Gators this year he didn't call him stupid. You don't call a 20 year old out on national TV, especially the way he did it. I had no problem with his criticism of Craig James though. We all know parents like that, whether you coach or your kid has a teammate who's parent thinks their child is the only out there.

Mike Leach will NOT get a high profile job anytime soon and he's to much of an ego-maniac to be an OC after owning his program for 10 years. It's back to square one, mark my words.

You mean parents that don't want their kids locked in electrical closets for having a concussion? Yes, I know lots and lots of them...

You mean parents that don't want their kids locked in electrical closets for having a concussion? Yes, I know lots and lots of them...

Saw the video of the "closet" he was "locked" in and it was the size of a freekin loft, just ask The Senator. I've seen a lot worse in practice, film session, meetings, etc. This is barely a tap on Jame's limp wrist.

to rip both Adam James and Craig James on ESPN?

Guy comes off like a total POS.

I also like the fact it is being reported Leach is saying the reason he got canned was due to money.

Nice. So, according to Leach, everybody is basically out to get him.

Leach better start looking at being a coach in the CFL, where his offense might actually work.

I also like the fact it is being reported Leach is saying the reason he got canned was due to money.

Nice. So, according to Leach, everybody is basically out to get him.

Leach better start looking at being a coach in the CFL, where his offense might actually work.

Wouldn't a cynic say the timing of the firing was perhaps coincidental with the timing of the bowl bonus payment?

With a lot more information coming to light, I'm not so sure that the school has a clear cut "firing for cause" case especially if Leach did not specify that James be "locked in an electrical closet for three hours under guard." So far, no one has corroborated James' allegation.

I don't think that many people have seen this report about the "shed" and "electrical closet" that James was subjected to. Here's a link to an interview with Leach's attorney.

A tour of the "shed"

The initial reports made it sound like he locked the kid in a small closet.

Just saw the interview on ESPN and I agree Leach comes off looking small. From the outside looking in, it appears to me that Leach handled the situation incorrectly. There are plenty of ways a coach get teach a prima donna athelete a lesson. Confining him to a "closet" no matter how large it is not one of them. I can't imagine a Joe Paterno or Lou Holtz doing something like this.

I don't think that many people have seen this report about the "shed" and "electrical closet" that James was subjected to. Here's a link to an interview with Leach's attorney.

A tour of the "shed"

the point is that instead of dealing with him like an adult with character, he chose to embarrass him in front of his teammates. HE SHOULD BEEN FIRED ON THE STUPIDITY OF IT ALONE.

the point is that instead of dealing with him like an adult with character, he chose to embarrass him in front of his teammates. HE SHOULD BEEN FIRED ON THE STUPIDITY OF IT ALONE.

Dude, have you ever played a sport past 9th grade? I had a strength coach make a list of all of the Olineman over 30% body fat and post in the weight room in front of all of the cardio machines for everyone to see! A closet is freakin child's play.

Wouldn't a cynic say the timing of the firing was perhaps coincidental with the timing of the bowl bonus payment?

Yes one would. One would also notice the coincidence the "accused" making sure this point of view is made public. Is it a possible attempt to deflect the focus off him and to enhance his "victim-hood"?

With a lot more information coming to light, I'm not so sure that the school has a clear cut "firing for cause" case especially if Leach did not specify that James be "locked in an electrical closet for three hours under guard." So far, no one has corroborated James' allegation.

This maybe true, but it still does not justify ripping the student, the parent of the student, and the university in public.

Even if he is vindicated, and signs with a new school, he will have one hell of a time trying to recruit players.

A tour of the "shed"

Wow. The whiners in this thread need to check that out. James was put in a garage and the media room where they do the coaches PC after the game. With a medical trainer outside. Doctor approved the treatment. No closets. I thought the attacks on Leach were a load of BS before, now it's almost unbelievable. No wonder Leach is so pissed.

Craig James + Adam James = little league dad and spoiled brat

Good job Pony. Way to torpedo Texas Tech football. Just because they are in Texas doesn't mean they won't go in the toilet now that Leach is gone. Good news for schools like TCU, Baylor, Rice and Craig James alma mater SMU(which was in the basement for 20 years after guys like James and Eric Dickerson got busted for taking that booster money). Maybe the little pony can transfer there.

Dude, have you ever played a sport past 9th grade? I had a strength coach make a list of all of the Olineman over 30% body fat and post in the weight room in front of all of the cardio machines for everyone to see! A closet is freakin child's play.

and how did that work? did you guys all lose 40lb and win the state title that year? yes i did play 3 sports past 9th grade.. and i've been coaching for 23 years now...13 years at the college level... and i got news for you....the 70s are over...

there is a big difference between having a "right" to do somethineg like that to a kid and having it be the right thing to do. it's just stupid and disrespectful.

if you think a kid is faking an injury you play his back up...everyone will get the message. trying to out-!@#$ a 20 year old kid just shows bad judgment.